First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yeah don't pull people out in reverse and don't move/try to tow while winching. You can damage your diffs and your winch
No pulling people out in reverse ever? Or just a last resort?

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Depends on the method and meaning of 'pulling'.

Using a snatch strap to give the stuck vehicle a quick yank so he can power himself out, sure. But no load on your own drivetrain.

Winch out a stuck vehicle, sure. But jeep in neutral with brakes on.

But any pulling under power in reverse? That's a never for me.

WaX

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I only had to constantly jiggle two shims to get the bolt standoffs into place, whilst my buddy finagled the heavy steel plate into place.

60% of the yelling was him telling me to hurry up, and 30% was me telling him to shut up.
That leaves 10% for a big hug when the job was done. 🥰

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 JLR
Depends on the method and meaning of 'pulling'.

Using a snatch strap to give the stuck vehicle a quick yank so he can power himself out, sure. But no load on your own drivetrain.

Winch out a stuck vehicle, sure. But jeep in neutral with brakes on.

But any pulling under power in reverse? That's a never for me.

WaX
Yup exactly that. You pulling someone with your Jeep going in reverse puts a lot of stress on things. The drivetrain can't really handle it and things can nuke

Moving while winching puts a ton of stress on the winch and can break the gearing inside of the winch. They're not really meant for snatching / quick jerks. Just hook the winch up and let it do its thing

And if you snatch (like a quick jerk), use a snatch strap. They're intentionally stretchy to reduce the hard instant load on your rig. If you use a tow strap or a winch line, they're very rigid and put a ton of force on your stuff, which can break things

But hey! It's part of the fun. You break shit, you learn, you fix it, you move on and break the next thing haha

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
Push in all fuses as well and tighten all grounds. Could be bad battery......
I had seen several comments about checking the fuses. I have had my JLU for just over 2 months so I went out this past weekend and checked. Every relay and 50% of the fuses were not fully seated. That has now been rectified.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Added the teraflex leveling kit, 2" at the front and 1.5" at the rear, also added the mopar lower control arms up front and an adjustable panhard, drives really nice, probably need longer shocks though.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6974
Can you fit 37s?

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Can you fit 37s?
Any wider on stock wheels will rub all over the place, although us Aussies get the same size D44's as the US we miss out on the wider track so wider would rub like crazy on the lower control arms at full lock. I think this is the biggest I could fit, US Rubis would probably be fine with 37's