First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I've seen the bolded text mentioned in several posts as it concerns the addition and sound of aftermarket mufflers.

Regular (i.e., chambered) mufflers don't experience a break-in period. The sound of a glass-pack muffler will change over time, but it's understood why that occurs.

So...what break-in is suggested to occur with chambered mufflers like the Magnaflow and others?
From AWE responding to this question:
AMKRubicon610 said:
i've been reading how your exhausts take some time to break in. About how many miles would you say it'd take the trail exhaust to break in? Any changes in tone or volume i can expect?
They do! The special blend of packing material in the mid pipe resonator will expand and fluff over the course of 800-1K miles. Will be loudest upon initial install, then a smooth refinement process until you're in "final form" 😎 It typically goes by pretty quick.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
From AWE responding to this question:

They do! The special blend of packing material in the mid pipe resonator will expand and fluff over the course of 800-1K miles. Will be loudest upon initial install, then a smooth refinement process until you're in "final form" 😎 It typically goes by pretty quick.
Ah, so there is packing in at least one of the brand's offerings. An eventual change in perceived tone would make sense there.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
Ah, so there is packing in at least one of the brand's offerings. An eventual change in perceived tone would make sense there.
It seems so...at least in the mid pipe

Odogloco

First Name
Oreste
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Nice. What did you go with?
Hey there. Went with Mopar lift, 315/70/17 KO2 Tires, Fuel vapors matte black 17x9 +1 offset. Teraflex falcon 2.1 Steering stabilizer and SMITTY BUILT TIRE REINFORCEMENT BRACKET SYSTEM. Feels great so far. May go with REAR and FRONT ADJ track bars soon.

Stefano5777

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vm.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Stingray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Jeep back from a regear. Went with yukon 5.13 gears and added motobilt differential covers front and rear.

IMG_20210423_143949.jpg

IMG_20210423_144010.jpg
After posting the other day I noticed how bland my color matched diffs looked. So I decided to add a touch of color

IMG_20210425_144410.jpg

IMG_20210425_144435.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Finished my Spiderwebshade and Belt Silencers today.

Spiderwebshade.jpg

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
I've seen the bolded text mentioned in several posts as it concerns the addition and sound of aftermarket mufflers.

Regular (i.e., chambered) mufflers don't experience a break-in period. The sound of a glass-pack muffler will change over time, but it's understood why that occurs.

So...what break-in is suggested to occur with chambered mufflers like the Magnaflow and others?
The magnaflow “straight through design” mufflers have a perforated pipe surrounded by stainless steel packing. It’s basically a glass pack muffler that looks like a chambered muffler from the outside and uses stainless steel packing instead of fiberglass.

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Installed RokBlokz removable mudflats. I will be honest, when I saw the parts broken down in the package, I had my doubts. But after finishing the install, I am pretty confident these should last quite a while, and not too bad looking.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1379