What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Jruedastinger

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jl
That looks great, those type of links are the best way to go with Rubi electro disconnect, IMO. ....... looks like the bolt hit your inner fender when stuffed. Been there, lol. If you turn the bolt around you get about 3/8” more clearance, also you can flatten out your sway bar angle by shortening up the links and it still won’t straighten out at full droop and risk flipping....... just some $.02.
That might be the way the picture was taken, no rubbing marks at all. Funny you mention the bolts, I have the first rpm links going on a rubicon, they had another person install them on there sport and it was fine. So the bolts they send didn’t fit the swaybar holes so I ended up using the bolts from my no limit links. I didn’t want to make the hole bigger cause I was being lazy to remove the tire lol. Eventually I’ll get a smaller bolt. Cheers.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
What sold me on them was the Johnny Joint. I could only find great reviews on the products as well. Seems solid but time will tell.

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Midland Mxt400 GMRS radio install.

Always drives me crazy to see the radio bolted to the passenger side of trans tunnel, ugly and in the passengers way..

So I worked on this method to keep it clean and functional.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210424_154017

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210424_153956

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210424_154847

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210424_163121

So far I'm pleased with form and function.

WaX

Last edited:

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I like the way you installed the plug for the Mic in the side of the dash. What socket is that?

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, very helpful. I was wondering about the name plate--good to know. Was the license plate bracket included, or extra?

(I‘ve read the reviews and the install instructions, seems mostly straight forward with a tweak or two for hitch & sensors, of which I have both. )
Install was very straightforward. With the tow hitch receiver it made it a breeze to set in place.

The license tag bracket is included with the bumper, and you won't be disappointed in the quality.

I did have to buy a tag light. https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/led-license-plate-light-jeep-wrangler-jl

Also recommend 3/8 spacers, not half inch for the tow bracket mod that is needed.

I'll end up putting 3 inch led cubes in the bumper too for a "little" extra brightness for backup lights. They have a standard bracket to hold it.

I don't have reverse sensing, so I can't comment on it other than I feel those that have had issues didn't quite line them up correctly.

Last edited:

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Last edited:

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase

Always drives me crazy to see the radio bolted to the passenger side of trans tunnel, ugly and in the passengers way..

WaX
I have my CB installed that way and although it may be ugly, it surprisingly isn’t in the way. When my wife sits there, her leg doesn’t hit it and she barely notices it’s even there. But I understand it isn’t the best looking method.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7

WaX
Meh.... I need my glovebox to put stuff in. Radio looks and does fine on the trans tunnel.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Installed a magnaflow axle back black series. Sounds amazing at idle and startup. Not sure how I feel about driving though. It doesn’t sound anything like the one I had on my JK. Maybe it just needs to break in a little.
I've seen the bolded text mentioned in several posts as it concerns the addition and sound of aftermarket mufflers.

Regular (i.e., chambered) mufflers don't experience a break-in period. The sound of a glass-pack muffler will change over time, but it's understood why that occurs.

So...what break-in is suggested to occur with chambered mufflers like the Magnaflow and others?