What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you !! That’s exactly what I am shopping for and they appear to be easy to modify as well. Now to get all the neighborhood kids over to take the spare off the mount- Ha!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210406_120402
When you're 60+ and your back is done with lifting heavy things.

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
20210406_120402.jpg
When you're 60+ and your back is done with lifting heavy things.
I wish I had enough time to diamond plate my garage door opener.

You sir, make me long for the day I can retire!

PS: You're also making me want to go sailing with that setup....

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 10229544-C394-464C-8824-A38B45856561
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 10229544-C394-464C-8824-A38B45856561

So long prop rod!
It's hard to tell from the photo but you want to make sure that the top bracket is not installed "over" the hood insulation. You will want to make sure you either tuck it under or trim the hood insulation so that the bracket itself seats right up against the hood. (I am not referring to the rubber seal that runs along side the hood, but rather the material that covers the entire underside of the hood).

This is a common installation error.

Looks great~Redline makes a solid product.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
It's hard to tell from the photo but you want to make sure that the top bracket is not installed "over" the hood insulation. You will want to make sure you either tuck it under or trim the hood insulation so that the bracket itself seats right up against the hood. (I am not referring to the rubber seal that runs along side the hood, but rather the material that covers the entire underside of the hood).

This is a common installation error.

Looks great~Redline makes a solid product.
Thanks for the insight! I will definitely double check that.

exlax66

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Used some flannel scraps and 3M spray adhesive to cover the freedom panel headliners. Haven’t decided yet if I’ll do the back headliner too or just leave it black...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 46F9EFCB-B852-4361-83B4-0338B194CC06
Did you already have the Mopar headliners and covered them?

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
Did you already have the Mopar headliners and covered them?
Yes. Quick and easy - just a 1 beer project. I’ve seen videos where people have used insulation board instead of “ruining” their Mopar or hothead liners, but I’ve got a bit of OCD and with the contours of the freedom tops it’d probably take me all day to get the board cutouts done just right...this was way less aggravating.

thx138

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU '17 GTI
Occupation
IT
Used some flannel scraps and 3M spray adhesive to cover the freedom panel headliners. Haven’t decided yet if I’ll do the back headliner too or just leave it black...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 46F9EFCB-B852-4361-83B4-0338B194CC06
Nice you did them in my favorite color, plaid.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the insight! I will definitely double check that.
When I corresponded with Redline they suggested that the bracket itself should be; 1. Pushed up towards the front of the hood as that is the natural position of function. None of the opening of the slot at the top should show. 2. Be positioned UNDER the hood insulation (mat) so that it can lay flat against the bottom of the hood surface (this can also be accomplished by trimming the hood insulation).

Lastly, it is very difficult to tell some of these things from photos. As with mine. Since I trimmed away the mat (hood insulation) right around the perimeter of the brackets themselves, my brackets are now nesting inside of it, even though it may appear that they are on top. In my case, I was also able to leave the backing of the hood insulation (it's paper thin) in place so that likely the rest of the insulation won't separate from the hood in the future. The entire process took just a few minutes to get it right and have the struts and brackets installed the way that Redline suggests. *The Redline photo below mine on a red hood, shows it better with the bracket tucked under the hood insulation. Hope it helps.

The first photo below, is my install with hood mat (insulation trimmed) and the bottom photo is one that redline sent me with the bracket installed under the hood mat. I like the finished look of trimming the mat instead of lifting it. I'm OCD like that!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? img_4168-

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? unnamed-

Last edited:

thx138

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU '17 GTI
Occupation
IT
I just started install the boom mats in my hard top, front panels are done and hopefully the roof will come off tomorrow to do the rest.

IMG_20210417_141341.jpg

IMG_20210417_140533.jpg

IMG_20210417_140657.jpg