What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
So the same day my beloved JL Sport was delivered, an older gentlemen pulled out in front of my motorcycle. Broke my patella, three metatarsals, four heel bones and totaled my bike.

Happened in Iowa where my folks live as I was PCS’ing from Kuwait with two rescued cats for my daughter (the crate). So my dad had to drive us to Virginia and trailer a uHaul since I’m in a full right leg cast (my mom picked out the colors) with a manual transmission.

With roughly 1000 miles on the odometer, clutch grenades on the homestretch just past Breezewood, PA on the MD border. Tow truck then proceeded to break down on the side of I-70. Pic taken waiting for our Uber 30 some miles north of Hagerstown.

Epilogue: The Hagerstown Jeep dealer was great. Fly wheel or something was back ordered long enough for me to graduate to a short cast so I could retrieve the Jeep myself. Paid her off this month with proceeds from my settlement. Life is good.
You sound like a glass half full kinda guy.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Beautiful! I'm also now on the hunt for rims and 37s. Which rims are those? Did you happen take a test drive before you added the drop brackets? I was curious so I did. I haven't had a chance to drive since I put the drop brackets on last night.
Fuel Kicker 5s. Drives pretty close to stock. A little floaty, steering is a touch more sensitive. I think its just a byproduct of a lifted vehicle though. I like it so far.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Copy that on the bump stops. If you know of an extended stop please pass it on. I am looking for just that. The 704’s don’t stick out nearly that far and I’m glad as I’m not a big fan of wheels that stick out too far and put undue pressure on the wheel bearings.
I’ve seen people do it using some rubber hose material from the Home Depot. I’m sure there’s someone here who can help you better than I can with what exactly to use. But yeah, agree on the offset and can’t wait to get my methods on!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen people do it using some rubber hose material from the Home Depot. I’m sure there’s someone here who can help you better than I can with what exactly to use. But yeah, agree on the offset and can’t wait to get my methods on!
@D90John

Something like this, but there are other variations.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Another day, another mod..
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

I wanted to get a 15lb Powertank but it doesn’t fit on the Sport Bar mount. So I went with the 10lb unit. The install was very easy and took maybe 20minutes. I bought it from All Seasons 4x4 in Broomfield, CO. It appears there is a shortage of tanks in certain colors at Powertank but some local businesses had it.

The only real downside is that the installation interferes with my XGCargo Magellan bag. I’m going to relocate the first aid kit to the other side of the Jeep.

I’m heading out to Illinois Gulch near Woodland Park, CO tomorrow. Time to get muddy. 😁

51119990598_c86c0f2777_c.jpg

51119830524_42ac5bd3e4_c.jpg

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Washed the pollen off, installed Redline Hood Struts, and Wednesday was the Raxiom LED taillights.

G.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 51119830524_42ac5bd3e4_c

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 51119830524_42ac5bd3e4_c
I've got the same struts inbound as we speak! :like:

Kayakjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JlUR
So the same day my beloved JL Sport was delivered, an older gentlemen pulled out in front of my motorcycle. Broke my patella, three metatarsals, four heel bones and totaled my bike.

Happened in Iowa where my folks live as I was PCS’ing from Kuwait with two rescued cats for my daughter (the crate). So my dad had to drive us to Virginia and trailer a uHaul since I’m in a full right leg cast (my mom picked out the colors) with a manual transmission.

With roughly 1000 miles on the odometer, clutch grenades on the homestretch just past Breezewood, PA on the MD border. Tow truck then proceeded to break down on the side of I-70. Pic taken waiting for our Uber 30 some miles north of Hagerstown.

Epilogue: The Hagerstown Jeep dealer was great. Fly wheel or something was back ordered long enough for me to graduate to a short cast so I could retrieve the Jeep myself. Paid her off this month with proceeds from my settlement. Life is good.

What a day! At least it turned out good in the end.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Matt,
The instructions say to put the bottom in first with the hood brakets. It's easier to do the top first because of the trim clip holding in the rubber strip. They work fantastic!!

G.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
After 2 months on back order I finally was able to get my Method 704 “bead grip” titanium wheels installed at Discount Tire. Great price and great service. No bling, all business but they do have that military look to them. I also included an image of stock wheel vs 704 for comparison.
I very much like this look!

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Was actually a couple of days ago, but got my full Synergy lift installed with some Fox 2.0 RR Shocks! Can't wait to disconnect the sway bar and test the articulation out on the trails!

Also put on my Teraflex Alpha HD tire carrier, sanded down the quick release latch and painted it black....not a fan of red on my Jeep! Love that the spare is finally sitting nice n tight against the tailgate and people can actually see my third brake light now 🤣

Love the rig. What size coils did you use front and back? How much actual lift did you achieve?

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Another day, another mod..
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

I wanted to get a 15lb Powertank but it doesn’t fit on the Sport Bar mount. So I went with the 10lb unit. The install was very easy and took maybe 20minutes. I bought it from All Seasons 4x4 in Broomfield, CO. It appears there is a shortage of tanks in certain colors at Powertank but some local businesses had it.

The only real downside is that the installation interferes with my XGCargo Magellan bag. I’m going to relocate the first aid kit to the other side of the Jeep.

I’m heading out to Illinois Gulch near Woodland Park, CO tomorrow. Time to get muddy. 😁
Last time I was out there it was super muddy. Tons of ATV traffic. Great spot!

I started to tear the back apart for the Synergy lift to be installed. Should get the rest wrapped up tomorrow is the plan!

1A9FC52C-C7EB-4DEB-95C2-4E7810A87FAC_1_201_a.jpeg

MJHuber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
When I bought my JLUR I kinda liked the wheels with the jeep silhouettes and the tires had so much tread I wasnt gonna replace til I wore them out
Well a month later............ fuel rebel 5's and 315 70r15's

20210304_165753.jpg
I really like those wheels. Are they 1 or -12 offset? Would you be able to send a few more pics of from the front showing the poke?

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
If looking for cheap extended bump stops for the front hockey pucks and 3/8 bolt. Allows you to adjust in 1” increments and with the coils installed.

still working on something for the rear, but probably am going to make something so I can use hockey pucks for adjustment.

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
I put Ko2 315/70/17 on my Rubicon. Should I be changing the gear ratio and or the transfer case settings for better city and highway performance? If so what do you recommend?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I put Ko2 315/70/17 on my Rubicon. Should I be changing the gear ratio and or the transfer case settings for better city and highway performance? If so what do you recommend?
I have been running that tire for 45k miles now. I don't think you need to change a thing, especially with the auto. I've got the manual and it is just fine with the stock Rubi 4.10 axles. I'd think the auto, with its 8 ratios, would be even less likely to need to change.

If I did do it, I would go 4.56, but like I said, I don't think you need to even consider it.