What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
My jeep is going to be mad at me as I just finalized the purchase of a new travel trailer that is 3000lbs... but I also installed new floor mats, door sill guards, and I gave it a bath!

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Had a couple of extra hours free today so got a head start on this weekendā€™s project, frankenlift. If anyone is curious I pieced it together in true jeep nature of ā€œjust everyone elseā€™s partsā€. Dynatrac 2ā€ springs, rubi take off shocks I got cheap, 2ā€ shock spacers, eBay rear sway links, rock krawler gen 1 front discoā€™s I got cheap. It will have mopar lift arms once they finally ship.

I have always like piecing together lifts as I tends to continuously tweak my setups.

E145A12A-5FEB-4206-A6AA-A618536E6806.jpeg

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
After 2 months on back order I finally was able to get my Method 704 ā€œbead gripā€ titanium wheels installed at Discount Tire. Great price and great service. No bling, all business but they do have that military look to them. I also included an image of stock wheel vs 704 for comparison.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 488A0E36-8BFE-4AF0-92E5-39838D1E8FC6
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 01BD77B3-FBB7-4C70-8AC4-CA6FCC3EA5E0
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B0426058-15B4-4410-AA2E-15C772563BB4

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Hereā€™s a PSA for me being a dumb ass. Thereā€™s a drain plug in the tire iron / jack compartment!

Ran out of WAVES so I changed my oil and rotated the tires today. I have my doors and windows off and it has been raining. Went to grab the jack and tire iron and the compartment was completely full of water. So much so it was sloshing into the cubby. šŸ™ˆ

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E42C8D37-ED2B-48FD-8943-CF32DD7F2D1F

Last edited:

54Bravo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Just did that lift last week. 37s now

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E42C8D37-ED2B-48FD-8943-CF32DD7F2D1F
Beautiful! I'm also now on the hunt for rims and 37s. Which rims are those? Did you happen take a test drive before you added the drop brackets? I was curious so I did. I haven't had a chance to drive since I put the drop brackets on last night.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
After 2 months on back order I finally was able to get my Method 704 ā€œbead gripā€ titanium wheels installed at Discount Tire. Great price and great service. No bling, all business but they do have that military look to them. I also included an image of stock wheel vs 704 for comparison.
looks great! whats the offset? my current wheels are -19 but my methods will be 0 offset, so they will sit in a bit more

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
looks great! whats the offset? my current wheels are -19 but my methods will be 0 offset, so they will sit in a bit more
Ya know, Iā€™m a bit confused with offset, etc. I do know that the Method 704 wheels have the same back spacing as the stock ones do but the Methods are a full inch wider wheel. You can see by comparing the stock Ruby wheels to the Methods via the end view that the Methods stick out beyond the stock Ruby fender about 1-1/2ā€ more. That being said, I like the look and the spare tire is out a bit from the stock spare rubber stops as well. I am currently running Cooper stt pros in 35ā€™s and this mix looks to be pretty good. I was rubbing my tires a bit on the wheel well liners but these have removed that problem. Send pics when yours are mounted.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Ya know, Iā€™m a bit confused with offset, etc. I do know that the Method 704 wheels have the same back spacing as the stock ones do but the Methods are a full inch wider wheel. You can see by comparing the stock Ruby wheels to the Methods via the end view that the Methods stick out beyond the stock Ruby fender about 1-1/2ā€ more. That being said, I like the look and the spare tire is out a bit from the stock spare rubber stops as well. I am currently running Cooper stt pros in 35ā€™s and this mix looks to be pretty good. I was rubbing my tires a bit on the wheel well liners but these have removed that problem. Send pics when yours are mounted.
Gotcha thanks, the offset of yours looks really good. Iā€™m sure mine will be similar. Currently my -19 steelies look super wide, Iā€™m actually happy to be getting wheels that have less of a negative offset compared to stock. Iā€™ll post pictures for sure. Hereā€™s a pic of my current steelies with the -19
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6F8293E1-C802-4440-83CF-2EE66098DCD4
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F8E89FA5-EBE1-4D2F-A5C9-DD981C790BD3
also just an FYI, and I apologize if you already know this, but you should definitely get something to extend your rubber bump stops for your spare so the spare is snug against them when fully torqued.

Kayakjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JlUR
Have to know what is going on in your profile picture?

Hereā€™s a PSA for me being a dumb ass. Thereā€™s a drain plug in the tire iron / jack compartment!

Ran out of WAVES so I changed my oil and rotated the tires today. I have my doors and windows off and it has been raining. Went to grab the jack and tire iron and the compartment was completely full of water. So much so it was sloshing into the cubby. šŸ™ˆ

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2671

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha thanks, the offset of yours looks really good. Iā€™m sure mine will be similar. Currently my -19 steelies look super wide, Iā€™m actually happy to be getting wheels that have less of a negative offset compared to stock. Iā€™ll post pictures for sure. Hereā€™s a pic of my current steelies with the -19
also just an FYI, and I apologize if you already know this, but you should definitely get something to extend your rubber bump stops for your spare so the spare is snug against them when fully torqued.
Copy that on the bump stops. If you know of an extended stop please pass it on. I am looking for just that. The 704ā€™s donā€™t stick out nearly that far and Iā€™m glad as Iā€™m not a big fan of wheels that stick out too far and put undue pressure on the wheel bearings.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Have to know what is going on in your profile picture?
So the same day my beloved JL Sport was delivered, an older gentlemen pulled out in front of my motorcycle. Broke my patella, three metatarsals, four heel bones and totaled my bike.

Happened in Iowa where my folks live as I was PCSā€™ing from Kuwait with two rescued cats for my daughter (the crate). So my dad had to drive us to Virginia and trailer a uHaul since Iā€™m in a full right leg cast (my mom picked out the colors) with a manual transmission.

With roughly 1000 miles on the odometer, clutch grenades on the homestretch just past Breezewood, PA on the MD border. Tow truck then proceeded to break down on the side of I-70. Pic taken waiting for our Uber 30 some miles north of Hagerstown.

Epilogue: The Hagerstown Jeep dealer was great. Fly wheel or something was back ordered long enough for me to graduate to a short cast so I could retrieve the Jeep myself. Paid her off this month with proceeds from my settlement. Life is good.