Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Added an Easter egg to my Easter egg.

F048CF8A-1205-47AE-BCF0-EF5BA81D2D37.jpeg

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Put a few more break in miles on the Jeep. Took the back seat out. Pulled the sub woofer, used Dynomat on the enclosure and rear deck area and polyfilled the enclosure, then installed my bullet proof phone mount. I did put the top down and maybe later I'll install my Jtops sun shade.

Dig your screen name, but where's the extra 20 coming from?

I've been considering additional floorboard insulation for this summer, and pulling my side subwoofer for additional storage, but you pulled your bottom one and filled it with insulation?

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
So what is this ”The 24-hour off-battery (using capacitors)” thingy you are talking about? Sounds interesting. :movember:
Detects impacts - like door dings or someone pulling off your CB antenna - and records the incident without draining that power from your battery when the vehicle is powered off. The capacitors supply that power for 24 hours.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
Dig your screen name, but where's the extra 20 coming from?

I've been considering additional floorboard insulation for this summer, and pulling my side subwoofer for additional storage, but you pulled your bottom one and filled it with insulation?
Its a personal addition to the film...LOL. Its not often someone makes the connection.

What I did was pull the floor mounted sub. Its screwed into in a plastic enclosure. I'm guessing its a low rent sub box by the shape of the chamber. I cut dynamat to the shape of the enclosure, then poly filled the space. The Dynamat was for the sound deading and Insulation. I also pulled the speakers in the sound bar and repeated the process. When I pulled the dash speakers to replace them with the Infinity's I just added Pollyfill. I did pull the back seat and dynamatted the rear of the jeep.

I figured it wouldn't hurt while i was in there and it seemed to "smooth" out the bass a bit, and you are going to find some conflicting opinions on if it works ore is "snake oil". To my ears..it had some effect, but its by no means transformational....just smoother and with a bit more "hit" to the bass .

Since I swapped out the dash speakers (very easy 10 min job) I don't know if its the new speakers or a combination of everything I did but the Alpine sounds clearer and the music seems a bit more nuanced and detailed. I didn't think the Alpine was bad to start with (If you want to hear a suck ass "premium" system...listed to a Tacoma's JBL set up), and to be honest...the speakers were still "breaking in" so I was no where near the 20-30 hour listening period.

Its a jeep....so we are not going to get them to an audiophile type level without major money. I did this because it did help, I'm concerned a bit about heat living in Texas and I like working on the jeep...lol

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Well, this is more what I tried to do to my Jeep today. I tried buying a Tazer Mini from the Z Automotive website only to discover you cannot add the Tazer Mini to your basket. The "Add to Basket" button is missing.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well, this is more what I tried to do to my Jeep today. I tried buying a Tazer Mini from the Z Automotive website only to discover you cannot add the Tazer Mini to your basket. The "Add to Basket" button is missing.
Well, I just went to ZAutomotive's website to see if I could add a Mini to the cart and buy.... and, I had no issue doing so. Not sure what the issue is but...

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Its a personal addition to the film...LOL. Its not often someone makes the connection.

What I did was pull the floor mounted sub. Its screwed into in a plastic enclosure. I'm guessing its a low rent sub box by the shape of the chamber. I cut dynamat to the shape of the enclosure, then poly filled the space. The Dynamat was for the sound deading and Insulation. I also pulled the speakers in the sound bar and repeated the process. When I pulled the dash speakers to replace them with the Infinity's I just added Pollyfill. I did pull the back seat and dynamatted the rear of the jeep.

I figured it wouldn't hurt while i was in there and it seemed to "smooth" out the bass a bit, and you are going to find some conflicting opinions on if it works ore is "snake oil". To my ears..it had some effect, but its by no means transformational....just smoother and with a bit more "hit" to the bass .

Since I swapped out the dash speakers (very easy 10 min job) I don't know if its the new speakers or a combination of everything I did but the Alpine sounds clearer and the music seems a bit more nuanced and detailed. I didn't think the Alpine was bad to start with (If you want to hear a suck ass "premium" system...listed to a Tacoma's JBL set up), and to be honest...the speakers were still "breaking in" so I was no where near the 20-30 hour listening period.

Its a jeep....so we are not going to get them to an audiophile type level without major money. I did this because it did help, I'm concerned a bit about heat living in Texas and I like working on the jeep...lol

Speaker upgrades makes more sense. I thought you completely filled it with polyfill in preparation for transporting a whole lot of ice cream to Mercury or something. I hear parts of Texas have similar weather in the summer.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I had no idea the rubicon spare tire carrier is any different... You think it would have been cheaper to just mass produce 1 type lol.
I have gone back and forth with Jeep and my dealer for 2 weeks? maybe longer? basically with everyone involved wondering the same thing, but for a different part. Dealer installed a 4 door steering box on my 2 door. It seems to drive fine (better than it did before), it seems to have a full range of motion, so why the different part numbers and all of the expense that goes along with it? I suspect this car making business is much more complicated than I realize.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I just went to ZAutomotive's website to see if I could add a Mini to the cart and buy.... and, I had no issue doing so. Not sure what the issue is but...
it seems the mobile site may be the issue, from a desktop you can get there.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
installed the Rhino-Rack Backbone System, RCL low profile locking legs and 59" Vortex Bars. RoofNest Falcon XL will be installed on this configuration. Have the Pioneer Platform and Quick Release Legs as well. -More Pictures-

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210409_080141

Any advantage of the 3 bar system over a 2 bar system?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Detects impacts - like door dings or someone pulling off your CB antenna - and records the incident without draining that power from your battery when the vehicle is powered off. The capacitors supply that power for 24 hours.
Sorry, I get what park mode is. I was more curious what the 'capacitors' where. Is that a special device you added or is it built into the camera you have?