What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
This is a bit overdue, but added LYTES to our rear Motobilt bumpers. Put some LED bolts where the holes for backup sensors would go and also used Rigid Radiance Pods, with amber backlight. More details in our build thread.
that is a lot of light! Very nice.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is that likely something most people with the rk lift will have to do?
I’m still researching it, I think it has to do with how the rear axle is set up. If you look at Micah’s @Bombout800 pics, his is more of a direct hit .........

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E6174E2F-CC6B-4251-931D-E5C448D154C2

And mine is more like a glancing hit, more the side .......

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3EFA508E-5920-403D-90A4-5AA0666F5FEA

His rear axle might be rotated up more than mine, judging by his rear spring. Either way it appears that unless your on a higher than 3.5” lift you’ll be dealing with this in some way........

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E789D5DB-3183-4DA3-87CE-337BC1B01F06

Again........ this is just a theory, I’m gonna talk to RK and do some more research.

Even though you can run this setup, I think it’s more for higher than 3.5” lifts. My rk track bar was barely short enough using the bracket. It’s as short as I can make it, so if RK intended us to run relo bracket and adjustable I think they would’ve made it a little shorter. For ME, if all I have to do is cut a little piece of metal to fix it, that’s well worth the returns.

Once more.... this is all just theories , what ifs, maybes, and I thinks. I may be way off here.
Just another caffeine induced bunch of jibber jabber.........
✌

Azwanderer

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th anniversary edition
Assembled and installed a new roof rack- the Inno Roof Deck 140. No experience with this company before but I got the rack primarily because it’s aluminum. Super easy to put together and I put it on the already installed MoPar crossbars.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E789D5DB-3183-4DA3-87CE-337BC1B01F06
Very clean look, how tall is it with the cossbars?

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still researching it, I think it has to do with how the rear axle is set up. If you look at Micah’s @Bombout800 pics, his is more of a direct hit .........

His rear axle might be rotated up more than mine, judging by his rear spring. Either way it appears that unless your on a higher than 3.5” lift you’ll be dealing with this in some way........

Again........ this is just a theory, I’m gonna talk to RK and do some more research.

Even though you can run this setup, I think it’s more for higher than 3.5” lifts. My rk track bar was barely short enough using the bracket. It’s as short as I can make it, so if RK intended us to run relo bracket and adjustable I think they would’ve made it a little shorter. For ME, if all I have to do is cut a little piece of metal to fix it, that’s well worth the returns.

Once more.... this is all just theories , what ifs, maybes, and I thinks. I may be way off here.
✌
Thanks for the great info. Considering doing this just to be on the safe side rather than doing it later. I'm sure the info you have provided everyone regarding the rk lift has saved a ton of headaches.

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 712C6B3A-887B-48B7-B197-CCA202BAD015

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 712C6B3A-887B-48B7-B197-CCA202BAD015

✌
I ended up taking about 3/8" or so off the back of the bracket(towards the rear) and 3/4" off the inside of the bracket. Just a start. I havent been able to test it. I don't know if I'm still making contact, and if i am how much. I'll test it one weekend soon and take more off as needed. It's a beefy bracket.

This was the after. It's not perfect but will work until i know it's clearanced enough. Then I'll pretty it up.

7DEFF0D1-2EA8-417A-A519-7CEB9340212B.jpeg