First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Got all stripped and went for a drive through the countryside (ok...only a little countryside and a lot of highway) to go spend the day at a river.
A few things I learned this trip...dust just lives in the air out here in AZ. Somehow managed to get a light layer of dust on everything just driving down the interstate. Also, for all those that like to go on about how you lose gas mileage with bigger tires (which I haven’t upgraded yet) I’ll see you those big tires and raise you going naked. I lost 2-3mpg. Getting blown all which way. Especially driving down the AZ highway between Phoenix and Sedona...can you say wind tunnel. Gusts so strong would literally take your breath away...even as you’re driving 80+ down the highway. Props to my Quay sunglasses though. Those things didn’t budge.
Not sure how long it’ll stay this way though. Sadly, I drive 7 miles down a dirt road to work each day and I’m already sick of all the dust haha

A few pics of the River I took the Jeep to.

11C555FB-EB52-4A5D-BC99-2984204B86D6.jpeg

688FABC6-7503-4293-A03E-8F2077528B58.jpeg

7FF71577-0FF4-498A-868A-F4E69C2740E8.jpeg

35D2B5AE-2AA2-4DAF-AD52-E58E9B7335C4.jpeg

4BB8B223-1A2A-4E25-8EF8-DE4E28C26D1A.jpeg

A4D6AF9D-62C8-46B4-91E8-FA4BDC6EB979.jpeg

My lunch and swim spot.
61EAE8BD-E5F2-46A9-8E76-6FE84E43AD63.jpeg

69195494-F9D5-47CF-AE4D-FAFA73F13054.jpeg
Great Pics, and here to your Rum Runner. Hope top see down here in 2.5wks. JB21
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? R&R

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Sometimes, it’s the little things.

There’s a light texture to the powder coat so I broke out the heat gun to get them on there well and more easily. Just a few callout stickers...not too many.

Is this a window replacement?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Is this a window replacement?
Yes. It’s a Rebel Offroad Blackout Kit that carries a 2 gallon Rotopax on each side. You can opt for side lights too as you can see by the block off plates. The most difficult part is getting someone to remove your glass and using a caulk gun to put a solid 1/4” tall bead around the opening, each hole, and I did the threads of the bolts too. They suggest black rtv but I used 3M windshield sealer. With military discount I paid $730 for the kit that includes the Rotopax containers and matching Lox (locks). The tube of sealer was $30. Removing the glass was free for me (feeling nice that day I guess) but it shouldn’t be too much if you go to a mom and pop shop. A lot cheaper than a roof rack and competitive with the Trailrax end cost.

texasrugby911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S 2 Door
Well, it's late, and this old man is tired. I got all but the top of the Diabolical Inc. Slipstream installed. I'll leave the rest for tomorrow.

The fit on this thing is so precise it's ridiculous and the finish is outstanding. A huge THANK YOU to Alan @ZeroFox and crew for amazing support and responsive customer service!

Glad you finally got that sucker in! Looks great!

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
Great Pics, and here to your Rum Runner. Hope top see down here in 2.5wks. JB21
I ordered two bottles which I'm going to pick up when I'm there in two weeks. Can't wait !

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
I ordered two bottles which I'm going to pick up when I'm there in two weeks. Can't wait !
TAZER LITE Question. I have a Rubicon Unlimited putting 35‘s on it only want to change the speedometer and may be shifting points if I need to should I go with the TAZER LITE or should I just have the dealer reprogram it?

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
TAZER LITE Question. I have a Rubicon Unlimited putting 35‘s on it only want to change the speedometer and may be shifting points if I need to should I go with the TAZER LITE or should I just have the dealer reprogram it?
I would go with the Tazar. You can do other things with it and it cost just close to what the dealer would charge and you can upgrade it later on.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
The dealer is the cheaper option iirc. What? One hour labor maybe? I paid about $220 for my Tazer Lite (that is upgradable to the full fledged version btw) because I didn’t need the gizmos yet. It has the functions I need and I can disable traction control easily.

MojitoMonster

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
I would buy the Tazer. So many more options with the tazer that you may want to use later down the road.

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
I would buy the Tazer. So many more options with the tazer that you may want to use later down the road.
Another question about the TAZER lite not going to leave it attached. When I take it into the dealership for service do I need to unmarried for the tires size or just leave it how it is?

MojitoMonster

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Another question about the TAZER lite not going to leave it attached. When I take it into the dealership for service do I need to unmarried for the tires size or just leave it how it is?
I would recommend unplugging it for warranty reasons. I've always heard that. There are certain things that retain when it's unplugged. I believe that tire size is one of the things that is retained when it's unplugged.

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
I would recommend unplugging it for warranty reasons. I've always heard that. There are certain things that retain when it's unplugged. I believe that tire size is one of the things that is retained when it's unplugged.
Yes from what I read it will retain the tire size after it’s unplugged. My question though do I need to on Marry it so it goes back to the 285 tire size when I take it in for service?