First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
"On a side note Amy and I used the Sunrider ..."

Rob,

We bought one of the first JL Sunriders when they first came out and have had issuse with gaps and wind noise since new. We drove 450 miles with our Sunrider top closed yesterday and the wind noise is very bad on the drivers side. Not a pleasant experience. Trying to figure out if it is the Jeep has the issue or the Sunrider. Is there very much wind noise on yours? Thanks

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
I completed the LoD Stubby Bumper w/tire carrier install yesterday. Now, some items to adjust - went for a couple of drives, no rattling which is a positive. When I can fully beat it up will be a great test of how it holds up.

20210327_155305.jpg

20210327_155102.jpg

20210327_155052.jpg

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
We went for a test drive and it said 'clean sensors' - then while reversing into the garage they worked like stock. Let me get some more time with them and I can comment on longer term
By the way, the two right sensors started firing after I finished the tire carrier install - so now to take off the tire to better understand what is causing the firing. I'm going to adjust, however what a total pita lol.

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
Please update after Sunday regarding water tight seal. Very interested in one of these.
Absolutely no leaks. I drove on the highway up to 70MPH and was sitting in the parking lot while my wife was shopping with a flash light looking at all the seems. All seems great at this point. It was a heavy rain too with some cross wind. Sitting in the driveway now with no issues parked either.

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely no leaks. I drove on the highway up to 70MPH and was sitting in the parking lot while my wife was shopping with a flash light looking at all the seems. All seems great at this point. It was a heavy rain too with some cross wind. Sitting in the driveway now with no issues parked either.
Thanks for the follow up. Between your experience and what others here have expressed it seems most have had a positive experience. I'll be moving forward with this upgrade shortly. It'll be nice to have the convenience it brings.

DavidJH

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude, 2008 Toyota Sequoia.
Occupation
FireMedic, Pre-Hospital Care Consultant.
Added LoD Armor Lite Rocksliders, Diode Dynamics cowl brackets and sideshooter cube lights, and VoSwitch JL switch panel (tough to get a good picture of the VoSwitch panel...)

IMG_5679.jpeg

IMG_5709.jpeg

IMG_5712.jpeg

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
"On a side note Amy and I used the Sunrider ..."

Rob,

We bought one of the first JL Sunriders when they first came out and have had issuse with gaps and wind noise since new. We drove 450 miles with our Sunrider top closed yesterday and the wind noise is very bad on the drivers side. Not a pleasant experience. Trying to figure out if it is the Jeep has the issue or the Sunrider. Is there very much wind noise on yours? Thanks
Actually we feel is is quieter than the freedom panels. Still have noise but a very natural sound when closed. The freedom Panels had a sound like there was a crack somewhere but not bad but the best way to describe it. Not sure if they changed the design. I would check the seals and make sure there are no wrinkles etc. Very happy with the sound from ours. We did not drive as far about 140 miles but still a pleasant experience with half of the miles opened and half closed.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Did quite a bit of functional and cosmetic stuff to my Sarge Green 2021 JLU80:

•eliminated ridiculous plastic air dam/skid plate (first day!)
•LED bulbs (headights, fog lights, DRL)
•clear LED side markers
•rear tire ring brake light
•tinted front windows (legal 30%)
•rear hitch
•vent shades
•front air deflector (lots of highway driving)
•gas cap cover
•door sill guards
•door lock covers
•center console organizer
•K&N cabin filters
•lock nuts

still need/waiting to do:
•13” stubby antenna
•rear tailgate hinge cb antenna mount
•hitch light wiring kit

*shout out to melendez69 for his donation, and MG618 for • some great stuff

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? thank_you_05