BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
As much as I want to.answer that call out, I need some time. My season just started at work, and I'm already playing catch up with filling orders. It may be a couple weeks before I can rack up the jeep with my little machine again.

I will say that if using the Synergy arms to complete a less flexible lift, they'll do great. I used them to complete the Dynatrac Endurosport 2" lift, and they kept up just fine because it wasn't a heavy flexer. The Mopar lift is very similar when it comes to flexibility.and being incomplete. But if there's any chance of switching to something that'll really articulate, you'll end up having to replace them like me.
Let me be clear, this is not a call out in anyway. Iā€™m just curious as to the design of MetalCloak or Rockcrawler or anybody elseā€™s control arms that have the jam nut method. Do the arms twist at the threads when flexed beyond the rotational limits of the bushings?
As illustrated with your pics of the Synergy LCAā€™s , It appears the knuckles are not parallel with each other indicating that they do twist at the threads (because the pinch bolt clamp canā€™t hold it). I want to see if the jam nut design does the same thing or not.
Please donā€™t go out of your way to take special pics. If itā€™s convenient for anybody to add pics regarding this, I would appreciate close ups to compare.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Let me be clear, this is not a call out in anyway. Iā€™m just curious as to the design of MetalCloak or Rockcrawler or anybody elseā€™s control arms that have the jam nut method. Do the arms twist at the threads when flexed beyond the rotational limits of the bushings?
As illustrated with your pics of the Synergy LCAā€™s , It appears the knuckles are not parallel with each other indicating that they do twist at the threads (because the pinch bolt clamp canā€™t hold it). I want to see if the jam nut design does the same thing or not.
Please donā€™t go out of your way to take special pics. If itā€™s convenient for anybody to add pics regarding this, I would appreciate close ups to compare.
The RK's do not twist at the threads, I don't have any pics. Cue @Roky.

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My point being, Wouldnā€™t it be cool if a twist design could be incorporated into the control arms to reduce bushing stress. šŸ˜Ž

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sold my Factory 2021 Rubicon Wheels/Tires and Springs/Shocks and front end parts today to a nice father and his son. They have a 2020 Sport and it will be a nice upgrade for them.

Met them at my Dealership who kept them for me after they did my Own install.

Took Freedom Panels off for the drive there. Nice Day.

Ordered the Top Prolift to remove and store the Hardtop now. Thought about the ceiling hoist but decided to go with the Top ProLift.

Now waiting for warmer weather. Since I retired now can leave Top off and not worry about putting back on and off all the time. She can sit in the garage for nice weather.:jk::sun::like:

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I mounted my ZAutomotive, bypass module with a 3D printed mount made by forum member @WilhelmSR.

The mount works well with/for the Tazer JL Mini and the Lite as well as the bypass module that ZAutomotive sells..

The mount secures with 2 zip ties. The Tazer JL Mini/Lite/Bypass module, easily slips into the mount.

When you want to remove the Tazer JL Mini/Lite/Bypass module, you just push on the little tab on the rear and it releases the goodie it houses..

What's extra nice about this particular mount is that it covers the port on the mount.

The mount is not visible after you re-install the plastic under the steering column.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? BC29A54F-DCA0-49F7-9FE4-5B5534B84EC0

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? BC29A54F-DCA0-49F7-9FE4-5B5534B84EC0
Do you have the print file? Can you send me the file or provide a link?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I know your just curious and weren't trying to call me out. I was at work and typing during the scattered moments that my hands are idle. Probably took me about 20 minutes to finish that one post. Lol! I forgot to add a touch of humor when I typed that.

Half the reason that I like to hang out here, is to try to pay forward what I've learned from others. I'll try to take a moment, in the next couple days, to get the jeep lifted for some pics of the new arms.

I originally liked the idea of the pinch bolt, which should hold fine during normal use, but the bushings that Synergy uses are not meant for the amount of misalignment that is needed for the likes of Metalcloak and Rock Krawler. When the bushing flexes beyond its range, something else has to give. As can be seen in my previously posted pic, neither bushing is showing much misalignment before exploiting the fact that the bar itself is stronger than the 100 ftlbs of pinch bolt torque. I torqued all the Metalcloak jamb nuts to 250 ftlbs, so I am also interested in their ability to hold true.

I'll find and re reply to your post, as soon as I get some pics.

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I know your just curious and weren't trying to call me out. I was at work and typing during the scattered moments that my hands are idle. Probably took me about 20 minutes to finish that one post. Lol! I forgot to add a touch of humor when I typed that.

Half the reason that I like to hang out here, is to try to pay forward what I've learned from others. I'll try to take a moment, in the next couple days, to get the jeep lifted for some pics of the new arms.

I originally liked the idea of the pinch bolt, which should hold fine during normal use, but the bushings that Synergy uses are not meant for the amount of misalignment that is needed for the likes of Metalcloak and Rock Krawler. When the bushing flexes beyond its range, something else has to give. As can be seen in my previously posted pic, neither bushing is showing much misalignment before exploiting the fact that the bar itself is stronger than the 100 ftlbs of pinch bolt torque. I torqued all the Metalcloak jamb nuts to 250 ftlbs, so I am also interested in their ability to hold true.

I'll find and re reply to your post, as soon as I get some pics.
No need, Check out Rokyā€™s reply/post in this thread. The proof is in his pic.
I appreciate everyoneā€™s input and experience on this forum. My personal interest is to learn and share my own experiences as well. Thanks man.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I installed a set of Extreme Terrain neoprene seat covers. No branding is evident, as I prefer. The covers are form-fitting to the point that you'd have to purposely look at the seats to see the covers in situ.

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Seats - before

After:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Seats - after