What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Zeitgeist. Certainly the most cerebral hood decal that I've seen on a Jeep. Nice. 👍

I installed a pair of Infinity 3032s in my dashboard. The improvement in sound quality is significant. I retained but did not use the included resistors.

Note that I am one of several owners to have received Metra adapters with reversed polarity.
The Infinitys come with capacitors not resistors. They block the lower frequencies that the speakers can't reproduce anyway. Some with amplifiers have reported that the capacitors cause a loud pop when the amp is turned of and they don't install them. Otherwise, they should improve speaker performance.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_8029.jpg
IMG_8030.jpg
IMG_8033.jpg

Got the KC Cyclones installed over the weekend as Rock Lights. I put 8 under the Jeep.
4 on Each side. Front Bumper, Front Door, Rear Door, Rear Bumper.
Awesome! Can you show pics of how you mounted?

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Yeah, when I get home I'll take come pictures and reply back. The ones are the side use the stock Rubicon rock rail mounting tabs. The rear are on magnets. The front I have a bracket attached and using fender bolt.

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the hoist in the garage this weekend. Pulled the top off, and then started running the wires for the HAM Radio installation, as well as new Diode Dynamic SSC3 Pods going on the Rhino Rack..

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1615845008644

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1615845023613

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1615845054788

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_8052

Here is the front fenders. I pulled out the stock bolt with a 10mm and added the bracket and hardware from KC. Fits almost perfect under the fender turn signal on the Rubicon Fenders. Ignore my fender liner, they got eaten up by my tire, lol.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_8054

This is the one next to driver door. It is using one of the stock mounting locations for Rubicon Rock Rails. I picked up a stainless steel M8-1.25 x 25 Socket Head Cap Bolt to screw in to this stock mounting location.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_8055

This is the one next to rear door. It is using another one of the stock mounting locations for Rubicon Rock Rails. Using the another stainless steel M8-1.25 x 25 Socket Head Cap Bolt to screw in to this stock mounting location.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_8056

The rear is right on the corner behind the rear bumper. I used Rubber Coated Magnets with a M6 stud. https://amzn.to/3tmBXNH

These are all pictures of the driver side. It is the same on the passenger side.

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Nice early spring weather on and off, first ride on motorcycle. Pain to deal with freedom tops with weather changing rapidly. Bestop Sunrider twill on sale😳😳, just finished install, it was in the sixties now 39 and light snow. Just pulled it up and carried on.

FasEddy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey whats going on. Is there a way to offset some of that sluggishness from the 37s? and did you re-porgram for 37's after installing them?y 2 I have some 35s I want to put on my 2021 JL but thinking of just making the jump to 37s. Curious what are the MUST for a daily driver!
I did reprogram for the 37s with a Tazer JL Mini. Outside of re-gearing or adding a supercharger, I am not aware of an easy way to get the acceleration back. However, I am happy with how it drives (I don't tow) and don't personally feel the need to make any other changes. Keep in mind that I have a Rubicon with the 4.10 gears. It looks like you have a High Altitude Sport, which I believe comes standard with 3.45 gears with a possible upgrade to 3.73s. I don't know how 37s will feel with those gears. You may also get a different experience depending on your engine/transmission. I have a 3.6 auto.

I considered 35s for a variety of practical reasons (lower cost, better acceleration, etc.) but was honest with myself that I would ultimately want 37s.

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Nice early spring weather on and off, first ride on motorcycle. Pain to deal with freedom tops with weather changing rapidly. Bestop Sunrider twill on sale😳😳, just finished install, it was in the sixties now 39 and light snow. Just pulled it up and carried on.
Any issues with fit or install?

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Any issues with fit or install?
None, once I figured out how the cable ends installed, helped by reading here to use needle nose pliers. Did it by my self, using moving blankets as protection Took about an hour. Interesting Bestop is offering inhome installs, they don’t list what areas though before checkout. No more gas station free car washes, that sucks for road salt. With sale price and $50 rebate until the 22nd I think,. Cost was $800. I’m happy.

desiboo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Put on new shoes! Relations Race Wheels RR6-H 17s and Nitto Ridge Grappler 35X12.5

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 26CAFAC6-DDF4-45A6-9B5D-548DA953FC91
I've been eyeing these wheels but there is really nothing on them. They look great! How far do they stick out with the -25 offset?