What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Reinstalled my ROAM slider steps on Saturday.

Mine were rusting horribly and ROAM has avoided contact with me since purchase. The one time they did respond as soon as I mention rust they went silent. I've given up on them. So if your thinking of buying something from them beware. They may have addressed the issue in newer products but this says a lot about the character of the company.

I'm helping my brother with a car he's building and he had a bunch of parts going to powder coat. So I sent these along to see how they would come out given all the rust. I was shocked at how good a job this guy did. He blasted all the rust off and powder coated them. They look better than they did new with the exception of a few small spots where the rust pitted the metal more deeply.

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
If you research this...you will find a ton of info here and elsewhere.... I got some sound deader and poly-fill...figured I'd try the infinity's. The majority of what I found led me to the dash replacement and the Infinity's as a way to add some detail and clarity. From what I remember from my JK with the Alpine...its not a bad system...and the JL's seem to be a bit improved over that.
I used the Infinity Refence 3.5" in the dash, as well as replacing the knee speakers with Metra pods and Infinity Reference 6.5" speakers in place. Also replaced sound bar with SSV adapters and Infinity Reference 6.5" speakers. Finally, added the Kicker HS10 sub under passenger front seat. Dramatic improvement overall for $850 all-in.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...also talked myself into a cold air intake, exhaust, and tuner chip, as well as rock rails and reservoir shocks ..

I picked out all products researched diligently had them in my shopping cart.. then talked myself out of all of it because I really donā€™t need that sh!t!
Your admirable self-discipline has the aftermarket in a panic. ;)

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I checked and found out it has been released for shipping today!

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Have same lights-love em-have to hack harness a bit.

where u putting em
I have the Squadron Pros up on the cowls, with the Baja Designs brackets. I made the mistake of ordering them with the wiring harness. That thing is meant for when you want to install their switch in your dashboard.

I called them to ask about it and learned a MUCH better option. Order these two parts:
613606 - Squadron/S2 Wire Harness Splitter 55" Universal
640093 - Upfitter Wiring Harness, Squadron/S2/S1

These are what you need for non-hacking plug-&-play. I duct taped two straightened-out metal clothes hangers together and was able to pull the plug to the driver's side by going under the windshield wipers, without having to remove them.

Untitled.jpg

jimquill

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JLU
If you research this...you will find a ton of info here and elsewhere.... I got some sound deader and poly-fill...figured I'd try the infinity's. The majority of what I found led me to the dash replacement and the Infinity's as a way to add some detail and clarity. From what I remember from my JK with the Alpine...its not a bad system...and the JL's seem to be a bit improved over that.
I have read much info on both sides. Some folks have just replaced speakers and been fine. Some have had to add resistors. For some, the resistors work, for others they work intermittently (donā€™t work too well in the cold). Some have just added a 4 channel amp and itā€™s worked, others have had to add a pre-amp like the PAC-AMP Pro. Itā€™s been a source of much confusion.

personally, I swapped my dash speakers with 3-1/2 Hertz coax and they were plug and play. However, they are so much more efficient than the rest of the factory speakers that they are all I can hear and the system sounds unbalanced and thin.

Iā€™ve ordered some 6-1/2 components for the front and some 6-1/2 coax for the sound bar. Iā€™ve also ordered a PAC-AMP Pro and a 4 channel amp. Iā€™m going to start with the speakers and see if that works/is a good enough upgrade. If it doesnā€™t workI may just add the amp to see if that works. If not then Iā€™ll add the pre-amp.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I have read much info on both sides. Some folks have just replaced speakers and been fine. Some have had to add resistors. For some, the resistors work, for others they work intermittently (donā€™t work too well in the cold). Some have just added a 4 channel amp and itā€™s worked, others have had to add a pre-amp like the PAC-AMP Pro. Itā€™s been a source of much confusion.

personally, I swapped my dash speakers with 3-1/2 Hertz coax and they were plug and play. However, they are so much more efficient than the rest of the factory speakers that they are all I can hear and the system sounds unbalanced and thin.

Iā€™ve ordered some 6-1/2 components for the front and some 6-1/2 coax for the sound bar. Iā€™ve also ordered a PAC-AMP Pro and a 4 channel amp. Iā€™m going to start with the speakers and see if that works/is a good enough upgrade. If it doesnā€™t workI may just add the amp to see if that works. If not then Iā€™ll add the pre-amp.
I dont think there is a definitive answer on something as subjective as sound. At some point its a case of diminishing returns when it comes to a Wrangler. I am very reluctant to recommend or suggest anything. Thats why I suggested the research and sorting it out for your ears. I'll run the Alpine until I get time, then poly-fill and swap the dash speakers and see how that runs. I will also use Dynomat to deaden some road noise.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Install weekend for my uncle. His turn to get Road Armor fenders installed. They shipped out the correct set for his lol so we're able to do both fronts and rears. He also got Road Armor's inner fender liners, I opted for American Adventure Lab's so I'm waiting for mine to get shipped out.

A0fxqtE.jpg

mDCmbIe.jpg

zpdzaYM.jpg

tgz92jB.jpg

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I have the Squadron Pros up on the cowls, with the Baja Designs brackets. I made the mistake of ordering them with the wiring harness. That thing is meant for when you want to install their switch in your dashboard.

I called them to ask about it and learned a MUCH better option. Order these two parts:
613606 - Squadron/S2 Wire Harness Splitter 55" Universal
640093 - Upfitter Wiring Harness, Squadron/S2/S1

These are what you need for non-hacking plug-&-play. I duct taped two straightened-out metal clothes hangers together and was able to pull the plug to the driver's side by going under the windshield wipers, without having to remove them.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tgz92jB
do you get a reflection off your hood?

one can also cut up the factory supplied cord to connect to aux-very easy

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
do you get a reflection off your hood?

one can also cut up the factory supplied cord to connect to aux-very easy
It's definitely noticeable on the hood, but I've not had any problem with glare reflecting back into my eyes. I REALLY like the amber lights instead of white. I've had zero problems with eye fatigue.

Untitled.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was putting my rear control arms back on and apparently I pushed the power select button when I grabbed my impact and didnā€™t notice it..........:facepalm:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8632FF5A-98D9-4B65-9BC1-676F1B9C5358

This should squash any doubt that anyone has as to the power of this thing. It ainā€™t playin....... well....... off to Ace Hardware.......šŸ™‚

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I was putting my rear control arms back on and apparently I pushed the power select button when I grabbed my impact and didnā€™t notice it..........:facepalm:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8632FF5A-98D9-4B65-9BC1-676F1B9C5358

This should squash any doubt that anyone has as to the power of this thing. It ainā€™t playin....... well....... off to Ace Hardware.......šŸ™‚
I think you went all the way to plaid. MO POWAH!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T