What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
no pics, but i installed a Victron Orion-Tr, West Mountain Radio Epic Powergate, and Powerwerx Megabox with a Bioenno 40ah battery for my fridge and house power setup. added a dedicated charge port and a lifepo4 meter with lv alarm to the box which keeps a fairly accurate state of charge. it's a fairly simple charging system that i think will work good for us and keep the lights on and the fridge running for 60-70 hrs. i MAY pick up a 70ah battery which should last almost twice as long if i find i don't get a chance to solar charge through the powergate as often as i need to.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
Ok! The film looks way better! What kind did you use?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/161994370256

I removed the whole lighting units to apply the film, to get it to wrap fully and to seal tight around all of the corners. Decent material. Heat shrink is pretty useful for bends.

This also looks great (IMO) on my Black JK fog lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? film-small

Last edited:

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ok! The film looks way better! What kind did you use?
You didn’t quote me when you asked. But Mine was luxe auto concepts. Highly highly recommend. Great material. Air release technology. No bubbles. Responds to heat perfectly for the corners.

cut perfectly

many shades and styles to choose from.

DF8E8E0D-2A7A-4838-B4D1-70A02CC6BB98.jpeg

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You didn’t quote me when you asked. But Mine was luxe auto concepts. Highly highly recommend. Great material. Air release technology. No bubbles. Responds to heat perfectly for the corners.

cut perfectly

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DF8E8E0D-2A7A-4838-B4D1-70A02CC6BB98
Unintentional - for sure!

Always good to see the Bright White club getting some love here.

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
you didn't have any issues with the system not recognizing the aftermarket speakers? Did you have add resistors? I'd love to just do a speaker upgrade but lots of posts saying I need a pre-amp
No issues and no resistors. I have the 7" non-Alpine system.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wife surprised me with a new bumper! Installed the winch and bumper. Added Diode Dynamics fog lights. Very happy with the set up.
Any chance you'd loan your wife out? No, not in that sense.

I need a lift. Oh, that sounds bad too.

Never mind.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
From what I have read...even with the Alpine system... this swap makes a difference. I have a pair of the infinity’s in my garage waiting for my Jeep to be built. I’ve also read that you do not use the resistors on them. For what it’s worth....I will end up installing them in the dash At some point.

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

cut perfectly

DF8E8E0D-2A7A-4838-B4D1-70A02CC6BB98.jpeg
Outstanding! Thank you! Also, did you need a heat gun for application?

jimquill

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JLU
From what I have read...even with the Alpine system... this swap makes a difference. I have a pair of the infinity’s in my garage waiting for my Jeep to be built. I’ve also read that you do not use the resistors on them. For what it’s worth....I will end up installing them in the dash At some point.
so is the impedance issue specific to a particular speaker? I wonder if there are some speaker specs that work and some that don’t?

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
so is the impedance issue specific to a particular speaker? I wonder if there are some speaker specs that work and some that don’t?
If you research this...you will find a ton of info here and elsewhere.... I got some sound deader and poly-fill...figured I'd try the infinity's. The majority of what I found led me to the dash replacement and the Infinity's as a way to add some detail and clarity. From what I remember from my JK with the Alpine...its not a bad system...and the JL's seem to be a bit improved over that.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Zeitgeist. Certainly the most cerebral hood decal that I've seen on a Jeep. Nice. đź‘Ť

I have a pair of the infinity’s in my garage waiting for my Jeep to be built. I’ve also read that you do not use the resistors on them. For what it’s worth....I will end up installing them in the dash At some point.
I installed a pair of Infinity 3032s in my dashboard. The improvement in sound quality is significant. I retained but did not use the included resistors.

Note that I am one of several owners to have received Metra adapters with reversed polarity.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not even 8am I have checked the crypto sticker website 7 times, no update .. also talked myself into a cold air intake, exhaust, and tuner chip, as well as rock rails and reservoir shocks .. I picked out all products researched diligently had them in my shopping cart.. then talked myself out of all of it because I really don’t need that sh!t!

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DF8E8E0D-2A7A-4838-B4D1-70A02CC6BB98

Got the KC Cyclones installed over the weekend as Rock Lights. I put 8 under the Jeep.
4 on Each side. Front Bumper, Front Door, Rear Door, Rear Bumper.