What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
Wrong answers only...

20210310_175707.jpg
Ah yes, thats the old going home at 2 with a 10 and wake'n up at 10 with a 2 kit. The chalking is the easy part. Ya give a hug, make a chalk line, then go around and hug the other half. The pressure gauge...that ain't as much fun.😒

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
sphincter pressure tester and steering wheel death wobble chalk testing kit.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Finally it was above freezing today. First time since late November. Mud season is here in all its sticky and gluey aggravation. In anticipation of a month of foot deep mud on the three miles of dirt road leading to my cabin from the nearest paved road....I washed my jeep. A pointless Spring ritual I suppose...But it felt great. 43deg 33' 02.20"N 70deg 19' 23.62"W

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Not exactly today but within the past 24 hours I installed a new battery, and X2Power from BatteriesPlus. And then 4 days ago I installed Rubicon takeoff springs and shocks, and new Mopar LCA.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for all the feedback. Much appreciated!!
I didn't do those struts, for the very reason you touched on. I'm 5'11" but the Jeep is lifted 4" and on 38's, so I'd rather not have to climb on the front bumper to reach the hood to close it. I have to grab the prop rod to lift it high enough to key it in. Lol! The funny things that most others would never have reason to even think about.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't do those struts, for the very reason you touched on. I'm 5'11" but the Jeep is lifted 4" and on 38's, so I'd rather not have to climb on the front bumper to reach the hood to close it. I have to grab the prop rod to lift it high enough to key it in. Lol! The funny things that most others would never have reason to even think about.
FWIW, I'm on 2" lift with 37's and I just grab the latch on the side of the hood to bring it down with the struts. I can't reach the hood front at my statuesque 5'7". :giggle: No climbing on the bumper required.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, I'm on 2" lift with 37's and I just grab the latch on the side of the hood to bring it down with the struts. I can't reach the hood front at my statuesque 5'7". :giggle: No climbing on the bumper required.
I think that even my latches are out of reach when it's propped up. I'd have to also install a lanyard, if I did the redline struts, so I'm thinking I'll stick to using the prop rod as my reach extender. Hahaha!

A couple weeks ago, my wife and I were standing next to the jeep talking with friends. She shifted her weight from one foot to the other and happened to clip the top of her head on the bottom of my sideview mirror. She likes to round up and say that she's 4'11". It never gets old, to watch her climb in and out. Its like a kid and a tree fort. 😆

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military

Exactly! I also am 5' 11' and have to use the the prop rod to lift the hood high enough. I know climbing on the bumper would look cool, but at 40 years old and getting banged up in the military for 20 years, it wouldn't feel very cool. 🤣

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly! I also am 5' 11' and have to use the the prop rod to lift the hood high enough. I know climbing on the bumper would look cool, but at 40 years old and getting banged up in the military for 20 years, it wouldn't feel very cool. 🤣
41 here, and more injuries than can be remembered if not for the pain. I keep a set of knee pads in the rear cubby for checking/filling motor oil. Glass knees and steel bumpers don't play well. Hahaha!

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
41 here, and more injuries than can be remembered if not for the pain. I keep a set of knee pads in the rear cubby for checking/filling motor oil. Glass knees and steel bumpers don't play well. Hahaha!
We're supposed to check the oil?! Oh shit!