What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
There will be color options... LOL

B1180520058.jpg
Once you get the design dialed in, you could really customize at will. I used to print with flush mount, countersunk inserts in contrasting colors. I could see some luminous filament with Jeep names wrapping around the main ring, Oscar Mike stars, etc.

DHahn

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU Sahara 2.0T Mojito Green
LOL! And if the time comes, I can probably find a more Mojito looking filament to print with.
I want to be mad that you got me thinking about adding more stuff already. (My best Fidler on the Roof impression) on the other hand that's a really cool thought and would look cool. On the other hand it's absolutely not necessary. On the other hand it is a cool way to customize the interior... Rubbing beard...

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. That has been the end game. It is a wait and see moment now. The thing is, that depending on the sub someone wants to mount, I can make them deeper or shallower. I'm going to put it through a torchure test as soon as I get it hooked up. But the PETG I use to print with the crazy strong. I threw one of the prototypes across my garage to see how it would fare...It just bounced around. It had two small dimples and a couple scratches to show for the effort. If I can get the infill optimized a bit more and bring the print speed up so that I can make one per day, that would be great. Right now, due to the precision I am using to insure strength it is using a full roll of PETG (1kg) and taking over 30 hours to print. I will need to get the price set to cover the material, and figure 1 failure per 5 prints. So, once I get that figured I will know more. And the failure would be noticed before the print is finished, so even a failure would not result in a full roll of PETG being used. They I may look into upgrading to a mount that can hold a 2 or 2.5 kg roll. That will cut the pricing down to being a bulk item. Also, these are thick walled, so they are sandable and paintable. The walls are about 4mm thick before you get to the cubic patterned infill. The Cubic infill is one of the strongest, as it stacks mini cubes at an angle to each other. This makes for a ridged part that is nearly as strong as being solid.

Cubic Infill
cubicinfillslicebunny.jpg
Fantastic and thank you for considering the community. This might deserve its own thread. Thanks again! :fist bump:

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Put it on a charger because after one day and 36 miles the check engine light is on lol
Thanks to some help from a member I’m hoping it’s just the aux battery

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. That has been the end game. It is a wait and see moment now. The thing is, that depending on the sub someone wants to mount, I can make them deeper or shallower. I'm going to put it through a torchure test as soon as I get it hooked up. But the PETG I use to print with the crazy strong. I threw one of the prototypes across my garage to see how it would fare...It just bounced around. It had two small dimples and a couple scratches to show for the effort. If I can get the infill optimized a bit more and bring the print speed up so that I can make one per day, that would be great. Right now, due to the precision I am using to insure strength it is using a full roll of PETG (1kg) and taking over 30 hours to print. I will need to get the price set to cover the material, and figure 1 failure per 5 prints. So, once I get that figured I will know more. And the failure would be noticed before the print is finished, so even a failure would not result in a full roll of PETG being used. They I may look into upgrading to a mount that can hold a 2 or 2.5 kg roll. That will cut the pricing down to being a bulk item. Also, these are thick walled, so they are sandable and paintable. The walls are about 4mm thick before you get to the cubic patterned infill. The Cubic infill is one of the strongest, as it stacks mini cubes at an angle to each other. This makes for a ridged part that is nearly as strong as being solid.

Cubic Infill
cubicinfillslicebunny.jpg
Great job, I'm very interested!

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Changed out the diff fluid and added this from Jeepunique

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3AA0CFD9-74CD-4121-A23B-7466449B1D00
You're not worried about the airbag launching the radio into the passenger?

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Got the seat jackers installed in about an HR was in no rush.deffi early noticable just sitting the seats. Knees are bent and not stretched out with less stress on back of legs. Will drive tomorrow for the real test. Des

Just got done installing the Desert Does It front seat jackers and must say these are high quality products. Took about an hour to install and I was in no rush. Everything went smooth.
Deffinetly notice a big difference just sitting in the seat after install. Creates a lot more bend in my knees and less stress on the back of my legs. Will see tomorrow when I get to drive it!!

IMG_20210302_210837.jpg

IMG_20210302_192653.jpg

IMG_20210302_192711.jpg

IMG_20210302_192701.jpg

IMG_20210302_200241.jpg

IMG_20210302_200234.jpg
Just installed mine. Got the adjustable version, but ended up using the .75 and the .25 for the full inch. Read the directions and looked at your photos a few times, which made the install easy. Definitely a more comfortable seating position now. Very happy with this product so far.

IMG_20210305_144750.jpg