What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Upgraded the sub with an adapter that I designed and printed out of PETG. I thought about sanding it and painting it, but it is just going to get banged up anyway..
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210304_165753
. I'll hook it up this weekend.
That looks like a pretty large print, how big is it and what's your printer?

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
That looks like a pretty large print, how big is it and what's your printer?
I have a custom built printer that can do 16x16x26. The print is around 12 inches in diameter, give or take. It is done in PETG and the final design took about 32 hours to print. I could have done it in half that, but I was going for extreme precision.

Last edited:

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Upgraded the sub with an adapter that I designed and printed out of PETG. I thought about sanding it and painting it, but it is just going to get banged up anyway..
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? cold air
I love JL Audio's subs - I had a set of 15w(somethings) back in the day that would just hammer so hard. I went though many subs (Cerwin Vega, AutoTek, Kicker, Infinity) and my favorites were always #1 JL Audio and #2 Rockford Fosgate of course paired with an old school Orion HCCA amp.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love JL Audio's subs - I had a set of 15w(somethings) back in the day that would just hammer so hard. I went though many subs (Cerwin Vega, AutoTek, Kicker, Infinity) and my favorites were always #1 JL Audio and #2 Rockford Fosgate of course paired with an old school Orion HCCA amp.
The great thing about JL subs is that they can get by with a relatively small box. Back in the day I had a Blazer with two Earthquake 18’s, two 12's and the rest of the system upgraded. I'm pretty def now. This was in the late 90's.

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
The great thing about JL subs is that they can get by with a relatively small box. Back in the day I had a Blazer with two Earthquake 18’s, two 12's and the rest of the system upgraded. I'm pretty def now. This was in the late 90's.
Looking forward to your review after you crank it up.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6264E9CA-2635-4A7B-8477-CADDAA04E6DA
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6264E9CA-2635-4A7B-8477-CADDAA04E6DA
That is bad @ss!!!!! cant wait to hear your thoughts on sound.

DHahn

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU Sahara 2.0T Mojito Green
Got the Mopar lift and tires installed this week, I could have gone a bit bigger on the tires but I like the look and so far I think it rides great. The only concern is it feels like it pulls to the right juuuuuuust a little bit but it has been a bit windy here too so it's kinda hard to tell if that's all it is.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? jee

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If these prove out, would you have any consideration to make some for forum members?

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If these prove out, would you have any consideration to make some for forum members?

Yes. That has been the end game. It is a wait and see moment now. The thing is, that depending on the sub someone wants to mount, I can make them deeper or shallower. I'm going to put it through a torchure test as soon as I get it hooked up. But the PETG I use to print with the crazy strong. I threw one of the prototypes across my garage to see how it would fare...It just bounced around. It had two small dimples and a couple scratches to show for the effort. If I can get the infill optimized a bit more and bring the print speed up so that I can make one per day, that would be great. Right now, due to the precision I am using to insure strength it is using a full roll of PETG (1kg) and taking over 30 hours to print. I will need to get the price set to cover the material, and figure 1 failure per 5 prints. So, once I get that figured I will know more. And the failure would be noticed before the print is finished, so even a failure would not result in a full roll of PETG being used. They I may look into upgrading to a mount that can hold a 2 or 2.5 kg roll. That will cut the pricing down to being a bulk item. Also, these are thick walled, so they are sandable and paintable. The walls are about 4mm thick before you get to the cubic patterned infill. The Cubic infill is one of the strongest, as it stacks mini cubes at an angle to each other. This makes for a ridged part that is nearly as strong as being solid.

Cubic Infill
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? cubicinfillslicebunny

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the Mopar lift and tires installed this week, I could have gone a bit bigger on the tires but I like the look and so far I think it rides great. The only concern is it feels like it pulls to the right juuuuuuust a little bit but it has been a bit windy here too so it's kinda hard to tell if that's all it is.

jeep.jpg

There will be color options... LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B1180520058