What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Tsalvador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
They had a delay in shipping, so they should be coming this week. I'll be going with 315/70R17 and am worried about the spare as well. I've had my eye on the Teraflex Alpha HD carrier.
reading about it - it says the standard carrier is rated 85lbs. 35' tires are running around mid 60's and another 24lbs on the wheel. i am thinking they are fine. otherwise spending 700 bucks for it is an overkill. i was mostly wondering about the wheel offset mounting there, but reading around the forum it seems such a light weel and 35's are just ok, no issues!

Reactions: TP1

DHahn

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU Sahara 2.0T Mojito Green
I installed the sun rider for hard top this weekend and dropped it off at the dealership to get the 2" mopar lift installed with some new tires and a hitch. Hoping to get it back tomorrow evening.

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
A man of Honor and Integrity...Y'all he is way too modest to claim he is a Bronze Star Recipient. He had been shot at while going above and beyond to support a unit during his tour at J-Bad, Afgahnistan in 2010. He did not do it for the Glory, but he did it for the Love of his fellow Patriots. I am pleased he is my soul mate and that he made me his wifey. 🥰
Thank you for your service

TP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
reading about it - it says the standard carrier is rated 85lbs. 35' tires are running around mid 60's and another 24lbs on the wheel. i am thinking they are fine. otherwise spending 700 bucks for it is an overkill. i was mostly wondering about the wheel offset mounting there, but reading around the forum it seems such a light weel and 35's are just ok, no issues!
I'm usually not a gambling man in that situation and would rather play it safe than sorry if it's on the cusp. However, I think the weight may be okay, I'm just worried about the tire rubbing on the bumper/not fitting. Seems like it's gone both ways with people's experiences on here.

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Installed the Mopar hitch and Quadratec 4 pin wiring harness. Both went amazingly smooth. No pics because well... it's a trailer hitch. If anyone is looking at 4 pin trailer wiring harnesses instead of the factory 7 and 4 pin harness... The quadratec harness is really well thought and executed. I did add a little more wire loom in the middle, but other than that it is pretty much perfect. Well done Quadratec:like:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm usually not a gambling man in that situation and would rather play it safe than sorry if it's on the cusp. However, I think the weight may be okay, I'm just worried about the tire rubbing on the bumper/not fitting. Seems like it's gone both ways with people's experiences on here.
If it's 35's on factory wheels, than weight isn't much of an issue. Same tires on a different offset, will prevent the tailgate rubber bumpers from contacting and supporting the spares inner sidewall. The weight of the spare will than be amplified because it is cantilevered further away from the tailgate. The Teraflex Alpha HD is a great investment, because its not only stronger than the factory plastic one but is also adjustable in both height and depth.

TP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
If it's 35's on factory wheels, than weight isn't much of an issue. Same tires on a different offset, will prevent the tailgate rubber bumpers from contacting and supporting the spares inner sidewall. The weight of the spare will than be amplified because it is cantilevered further away from the tailgate. The Teraflex Alpha HD is a great investment, because its not only stronger than the factory plastic one but is also adjustable in both height and depth.
That's why I've been leaning towards the Teraflex Alpha HD as well. Saw it's $315 pretty much everywhere right now. My buddy was able to grab it for $200 last year from Northridge last year, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on sale haha.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
That's why I've been leaning towards the Teraflex Alpha HD as well. Saw it's $315 pretty much everywhere right now. My buddy was able to grab it for $200 last year from Northridge last year, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on sale haha.
Northridge offers forum members a coupon code that might help. JLWRANGLERFORUM

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
did you have to do any changes to your spare carrier? im thinking about getting the same wheels on 35's and wondering if any changes there are needed.
I already had the Mopar hinge gate reinforcement when I bought the Jeep. I replaced the stock carrier with the Teraflex Alpha HD carrier which I really like. Allowed me to locate the tire up and suck it back closer to the lift gate right against the bump stops.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
If anyone is looking at 4 pin trailer wiring harnesses instead of the factory 7 and 4 pin harness... The quadratec harness is really well thought and executed. I did add a little more wire loom in the middle, but other than that it is pretty much perfect.
I've already installed the Curt Class III hitch, and have the Quadratec harness in my To Do box. Concerning the CANBUS wire run from the rear of the vehicle to the battery, were you able to tuck it into or along the frame rail in order to provide some degree of protection? And how/why was the wire loom addition needed? TIA.

Installed SSV Works and Infinity Reference speakers in the sound bar. Fantastic upgrade.
D2373398-BCF8-41FC-A1D5-BC23B3BF45A2.jpeg
The adapters are more expensive than the speakers. Interesting. 🤔

I've the Infinity Reference 3032s on the dashboard. They provide a remarkable improvement in sound quality. I may have to do the same with the 6532s in the soundbar. 💵

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
Great mod! Do you cover them with the original grill or do they stay like that?
They stay just like that. You use what ever grill comes with the speakers you choose.