Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got a not frozen enough day to switch out the front synergy control arms for Metalcloaks. I also installed the Rock Jock front axle bushings for the upper control arms. According to a dealer alignment rack that was used after getting the new steering box, I was at about 8° of caster. I shortened the new lower arms by an 1/8", so it should be closer to the 6-6.5° happy range.

The Metalcloak arms feel better than when the Synergy's were new. The reason for the swap, is because the S's don't have the necessary amount of misalignment to keep up with MC. About half way to full flex, the former arms had no choice but to spin the threaded end under the clamping force of the pinch bolt. Lately, I've been developing an increase in bump steer and a pothole induced shimmy. I thought it was the upper bushings in the axle that were failing, but they were still in great condition. It was the adjustable bushing end of the lower arms that were the root cause, as they could rotate freely regardless of the pinch bolt being about 10lbft over the recommended torque.

I ran out of daylight, so the rears have to wait for the next nice Sunday, because my work season is starting tomorrow. I'm willing to bet that I've got the same failing adjuster bushing and pinch bolt back there, because it hasn't felt as tight as it was. I'll have to pull them all apart for inspection, and probably have to replace some adjustment related parts, so they can be sold with a clear conscience. The bushings are still in new condition, because offroading is illegal here and the only flexing has been courteous of my forklift.

In my opinion, these are great arms for lifts that aren't flex monsters. I originally went with them to further complete the Dynatrac Endurosport lift. They'd also be a great addition to those with the Mopar lift. Oh, and obviously the synergy lifts that they were designed for.

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Added the mopar pedals- such an easy mod and didn’t even need the ”rope” the give you. Also added the dirt bagz underseat bags with the custom patches another member so kindly designed and gave us the link to order. Also did the same on my first aid kit.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tempImageYr48Qk

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tempImageYr48Qk
Where did you get the pedal covers? I ordered some and the brake pedal was too small and saw others that you had to remove part of the existing brake pedal for it to work which made the pedal smaller in the end.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Thanks. Now i can move onto other things like roof rack and RTT 😁
It never ends, just so you know. I thought I was just about done, then spent $1600 today. Rear shock mount skids, a Jackery 1000 and two solar panels. I showed the Jackery to my wife and she was like "BUY IT!!!!" So I did.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I installed Rear shock mount skids, from Rancho.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1614533386254

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1614533452724

Put the fridge back into the Jeep, loaded the tools, and recovery gear. skottle, some light camping gear. filled the Jeep with food, (steaks, mash potatoes, shredded beef and taco stuff, nan bread and stuff for butter chicken and various breakfast food...bacon and such) water, tea and various snacks.

Told my wife a couple of weeks ago that the boys are going wheeling in Kentucky, Alabama, and Florida. for a week or two. Her only request was that I buy and put a new washing machine in before I leave; I did that this morning.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
De-Badged the rig today. Not sure what I'm going to do with the Trail Rated badge yet. Don't know how I feel about an empty circle indention on the fender after I remove it. I may just plasti-dip it and call it done.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1614533452724
Put the trail-rated badge on your RV. Should raise interesting conversations in the campground.

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
It never ends, just so you know. I thought I was just about done, then spent $1600 today. Rear shock mount skids, a Jackery 1000 and two solar panels. I showed the Jackery to my wife and she was like "BUY IT!!!!" So I did.
Please update on the Jackets and panels. I'm torn, do I pay the extra 500 to save on the two panels? It's in my wish list... been trying to decide when I click 'buy now'

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got a not frozen enough day to switch out the front synergy control arms for Metalcloaks. I also installed the Rock Jock front axle bushings for the upper control arms. According to a dealer alignment rack that was used after getting the new steering box, I was at about 8° of caster. I shortened the new lower arms by an 1/8", so it should be closer to the 6-6.5° happy range.

The Metalcloak arms feel better than when the Synergy's were new. The reason for the swap, is because the S's don't have the necessary amount of misalignment to keep up with MC. About half way to full flex, the former arms had no choice but to spin the threaded end under the clamping force of the pinch bolt. Lately, I've been developing an increase in bump steer and a pothole induced shimmy. I thought it was the upper bushings in the axle that were failing, but they were still in great condition. It was the adjustable bushing end of the lower arms that were the root cause, as they could rotate freely regardless of the pinch bolt being about 10lbft over the recommended torque.

I ran out of daylight, so the rears have to wait for the next nice Sunday, because my work season is starting tomorrow. I'm willing to bet that I've got the same failing adjuster bushing and pinch bolt back there, because it hasn't felt as tight as it was. I'll have to pull them all apart for inspection, and probably have to replace some adjustment related parts, so they can be sold with a clear conscience. The bushings are still in new condition, because offroading is illegal here and the only flexing has been courteous of my forklift.

In my opinion, these are great arms for lifts that aren't flex monsters. I originally went with them to further complete the Dynatrac Endurosport lift. They'd also be a great addition to those with the Mopar lift. Oh, and obviously the synergy lifts that they were designed for.
My cousins synergy arms took a shit with like 20k miles and way less flex than mc or rk, the shocks only extended 28”. So not a synergy fan anymore. I dont even want the track bars i have but i dont wanna buy more yet hahaha