Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
We have found two great and easy ways to get the boot on the CV joints of the RCV axle and I have yet to see any video on the method that we used.
I saw the use of a medium size ziptie sticking out in between the boot and cv, to allow the air a spot to escape. Always open to multiple options, though.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? giphy (2)

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the use of a medium size ziptie sticking out in between the boot and cv, to allow the air a spot to escape. Always open to multiple options, though.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? giphy (2)
Yeah, that’s how I do it, but it still sucks. It’s a tight fit, and if you’ve had them on for a while and packed full of grease it’s like trying to catch a greased pig....🤣

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that’s how I do it, but it still sucks. It’s a tight fit, and if you’ve had them on for a while and packed full of grease it’s like trying to catch a greased pig....🤣
Oh yeah, you already had rcv axles when you recently swapped knuckles.

I'll be doing them together, so hopefully I won't have to open it up again.

Obligatory Rocky gif
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DesertedRemoteCod-max-1mb

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I ordered mine....

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah, you already had rcv axles when you recently swapped knuckles.

I'll be doing them together, so hopefully I won't have to open it up again.

Obligatory Rocky gif
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DesertedRemoteCod-max-1mb
After re-installing your RCV axles ......:)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9FDE5E78-0C97-425E-B2B3-03823E095C46

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
That great! Do you just suck it out of the dip stick? Does it get all of it out?
Yes indeed. You need an air compressor though. I bought this when I was driving alot for a job I had. I put a filter relocation kit on a little pickup I had and used this because I had frequent changes with all the miles. Comes with a variety of ends but basically a stiff plastic tube goes right in the district tube. Like a catheter for the Jeep!

Got this one at Harbor freight years ago. Got a little more expensive but really it is the cost of three oil changes. They make cheaper manual ones but I dont know how well they work.

I buy Costco full synthetic (made by Warren) for $12/5quart jug and get filters from Amazon. $20 for an oil change is not bad.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 46149_zzz_500

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Yes indeed. You need an air compressor though. I bought this when I was driving alot for a job I had. I put a filter relocation kit on a little pickup I had and used this because I had frequent changes with all the miles. Comes with a variety of ends but basically a stiff plastic tube goes right in the district tube. Like a catheter for the Jeep!

Got this one at Harbor freight years ago. Got a little more expensive but really it is the cost of three oil changes. They make cheaper manual ones but I dont know how well they work.

I buy Costco full synthetic (made by Warren) for $12/5quart jug and get filters from Amazon. $20 for an oil change is not bad.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 46149_zzz_500
Sweet looks like it will hold a couple of oil changes. Thanks