Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Magnaflow axle back performance exhaust

- I know some of you had issues with the MF pipe not being wide enough, mine didn’t have this issue and the fit was good. I used a little grease to help seeding it in
- It was easier to remove the old exhaust by removing the exhaust hanger brackets instead of trying to pry out the exhaust from the rubber piece
- I purchased this exhaust because I wanted dual tips and to remove the “chrome”
- you can definitely tell a sound difference, it’s more noticeable, but it’s not anything like a cat back/straight pipe.
- only thing I initially don’t like is the slight drone when cruising and you have your foot slightly on the gas
- otherwise it’s a solid product

04C7FBF5-9C21-4B7A-9D03-46F974146B7D.jpeg
I concur...with all of the above, except mine (3.6) doesn't have any drone-at all.

I also removed the exhaust hanger brackets and was able to easily remove and reinsert the exhaust using a warm water and mild dish soap solution. (It was a VERY easy install).

Looks great and sounds even "more better" or as I say MOABETR!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201207_150142
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201207_161424

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Mine was a simple install too, also used a little low viscosity silicone lube and no prob. I think the early models had a fitment problem where a pipe spreader was req'd, seems they have fixed that issue :)
Haven't noticed any drone at any rpm, but maybe that's because I have old ears that had too many front rows at rock shows lol :)
I probably have you beat .. I’m probably younger, but have played in punk bands for 15 years, I suffer from permanent tinitus so my ears constantly ring.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I concur...with all of the above, except mine (3.6) doesn't have any drone-at all.

I also removed the exhaust hanger brackets and was able to easily remove and reinsert the exhaust using a warm water and mild dish soap solution. (It was a VERY easy install).

Looks great and sounds even "more better" or as I say MOABETR!
Great plate! Ditto on the 3.6, removing the hangers, and using foam hand soap, easy-peazy!

Bndrpa1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU 80th
May have found my rattle. Looks like my gas cap wasn’t installed all the way.

Any ideas how to push this all the way in? Should be easy but wasn’t clicking at first go.

Pic with the circle is what it should look like. Looks like it just needs to be pushed in a bit.

I took delivery on my 2021 80th two weeks ago. I swapped out the gas cover with the OEM covered one the next day. When I went to swap...the factory one was barely attached. Made it real easy to replace. They might have an issue at the factory?

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I took delivery on my 2021 80th two weeks ago. I swapped out the gas cover with the OEM covered one the next day. When I went to swap...the factory one was barely attached. Made it real easy to replace. They might have an issue at the factory?
Good to know it’s not just me. I got it to click in but I still have the rattle. I’m not sure how to keep it from rattling though. Not much remove to stuff it that I can tell? But it’s not a huge deal as I can barely hear it.

Easy method, I’ll just turn the radio up! ;)

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Good to know it’s not just me. I got it to click in but I still have the rattle. I’m not sure how to keep it from rattling though. Not much remove to stuff it that I can tell? But it’s not a huge deal as I can barely hear it.

Easy method, I’ll just turn the radio up! ;)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 079340648791

And if you let it ooze out all around the cover, it's super classy. 😁

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Ive done a lot of things over the past 11 months that I have had my JLU Sport. Today I installed the rough country skid plates for the engine and transfer case. I also added the rough country rear differential skid which looks kind of out of place right now since it is super clean and the rest of my undercarriage is covered in dirt from trails.

I am contemplating on 4.56 or 4.88 gears as I have 35" tires but am kind of looking at 37s in the future. I have the 3.6L auto

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 079340648791

And if you let it ooze out all around the cover, it's super classy. 😁
Funny you mention this. The thought had crossed my mind. I may give this a shot once I confirm it is my noise. Lol, and maybe I’ll do the classy look too. ;)

Affiant

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Am looking at these same wheels.
Did you have to change the lugs and nuts when swapping out the stock Rubicon wheels?
Lug nuts were only changed out and I had the steely wheels before the Fuel's were installed.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Lol.... due to recent events I did wear my steel toe boots as a precautionary measure
whats next. a hard hat.:CWL::like:

Hogzilla

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 turbo
Looks awesome! How is the ride compared to stock?
what size tires?
Thanks, I was pleasantly surprised that the ride quality feels like stock. The shocks that come with the stage 1 kit feel really good. I might have to lower the psi I'm running 36 psi on 37x13.5x17 tires.