What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Full week of additions to the Jeep this week. Installed the Mopar 2” lift, installed new LED bulbs to replace the factory halogens, installed RockSlide side steps, and made the dog a bed with the leftover crate.

D2621979-93FA-42B5-8DD8-C00C5B8259DD.jpeg

CCD4402C-F555-4CA3-919C-6C67AB50DB7A.jpeg

30870FC0-FA7C-416B-AD7E-BE82007DB86B.jpeg

0FD5AEE5-DBEB-4F95-965C-FC01688ED79B.jpeg

E702E215-D9B8-4AD5-8839-164EAEB3C71C.jpeg

6CD05B35-424F-40A1-B351-44A651128F09.jpeg
Hey, nice bumper 😉

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
FRICKIN' HOOD LATCHES!

Last night was the worst weather I've seen in the 10 yrs I've lived in TX. Woke up to this:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210215_080327

Wanted to start the vehicles to let them warm. The JK started right up, as did the Mustang. But the JL wouldn't crank. I wrestled the hood open and jumped it with the NOCO.

Then I closed it, and TAB THAT HOLDS THE NEW KENTROL LATCH SHUT SNAPPED OFF! I blame @melendez69

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
FRICKIN' HOOD LATCHES!

Last night was the worst weather I've seen in the 10 yrs I've lived in TX. Woke up to this:

Wanted to start the vehicles to let them warm. The JK started right up, as did the Mustang. But the JL wouldn't crank. I wrestled the hood open and jumped it with the NOCO.

Then I closed it, and TAB THAT HOLDS THE NEW KENTROL LATCH SHUT SNAPPED OFF! I blame @melendez69

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? om

Well...... I'm seeing first-hand the inconvenience you graciously spoke of with the DV8 latches. I have the Flaming Dirt latches from the Etsy and may deep-six the DV8s for now & keep them on stand-by. I like them, but they're a bit of a hassle.

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Today I had to revert back to the OEM antenna. The short antenna that I had would rub against the Gobi rack support when I hit around 60-65 mph.

5D9C6ABD-851B-4B7E-9588-99110D98F985.jpeg

B4C55D44-1A99-4BE5-B23A-724598FB8C81.jpeg

ABD10356-CF65-4B7D-BFB5-A58112CA7F4D.jpeg

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Lol.... due to recent events I did wear my steel toe boots as a precautionary measure .... ......😆
C03E22AA-6379-4968-A28A-BAB638F85BA8.jpeg
Which recent events are you Speaking of?

🤔

1) While working on the rig, you looked up and WHAM!!! ....The ☀ Burst your eyes with its powerful UV causing you to drop said tools on to your foot??

2) same as number 1, but in this case you begin to run around screaming “my eyes” ...”my eyes” and smacked your foot into a wall?...a door? ...one of your many tools lying around? The Jeep? The horrifying possibilities are endless!!! I....WE must know!

3) You stepped out of the garage just ever so slightly (as they do in the commercials) whiping the sweat off your forehead ...and the Sun blaring it’s intense UV down upon you, and without realizing the tips of your toes stood out from the shadows of the garage....into the sun, and before you knew it, the ☀’s UV BURNS a hole right through your boot, Searing your toes right off???

What the HELL happened????

can’t even type number 4.....it’s too horrifying.

You better wear those steel toes roky!! be safe brother. It’s scary out there!

Last edited:

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I’ve never ran a light bar before so I’ve nothing to compare it to. Need to get out on one of the backroads at night and see how well they function.
I looked up on their website. I am always hesitant to go with advertised output ratings for lights. For the price though I won't take the chance. The ZroadZ grill rates this at 70 watts / 4480 lumen total. A small 20 inch light bar can have over 400 watts / 40,000 lumen. I like the look of having them in the grill but would need more output.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

🤔

1) While working on the rig, you looked up and WHAM!!! ....The ☀ Burst your eyes with its powerful UV causing you to drop said tools on to your foot??

2) same as number 2, but in this case you begin to run around screaming “my eyes” ...”my eyes” and smacked your foot into a wall?...a door? ...one of your many tools lying around? The Jeep? The horrifying possibilities are endless!!! I....WE must know!

3) You stepped out of the garage just ever so slightly (as they do in the commercials) whiping the sweat off your forehead ...and the Sun blaring it’s intense UV down upon you, and without realizing the tips of your toes stood out from the shadows of the garage....into the sun, and before you knew it, the ☀’s UV BURNS a hole right through your boot, Searing your toes right off???

For 1
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tenor (7)

For 2
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tenor (5)

When I tried searching for 3, Google replied with...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DAvCieh

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

🤔

2) same as number 2, but in this case you begin to run around screaming “my eyes” ...”my eyes” and smacked your foot into a wall?...a door? ...one of your many tools lying around? The Jeep? The horrifying possibilities are endless!!! I....WE must know!

this is recent events........

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/reid-racing-steering-knuckles.64285/post-1396605

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/reid-racing-steering-knuckles.64285/post-1397194

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Installed the Magnaflow axle back performance exhaust

- I know some of you had issues with the MF pipe not being wide enough, mine didn’t have this issue and the fit was good. I used a little grease to help seeding it in
- It was easier to remove the old exhaust by removing the exhaust hanger brackets instead of trying to pry out the exhaust from the rubber piece
- I purchased this exhaust because I wanted dual tips and to remove the “chrome”
- you can definitely tell a sound difference, it’s more noticeable, but it’s not anything like a cat back/straight pipe.
- only thing I initially don’t like is the slight drone when cruising and you have your foot slightly on the gas
- otherwise it’s a solid product

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 04C7FBF5-9C21-4B7A-9D03-46F974146B7D

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Installed the Magnaflow axle back performance exhaust

- I know some of you had issues with the MF pipe not being wide enough, mine didn’t have this issue and the fit was good. I used a little grease to help seeding it in
- It was easier to remove the old exhaust by removing the exhaust hanger brackets instead of trying to pry out the exhaust from the rubber piece
- I purchased this exhaust because I wanted dual tips and to remove the “chrome”
- you can definitely tell a sound difference, it’s more noticeable, but it’s not anything like a cat back/straight pipe.
- only thing I initially don’t like is the slight drone when cruising and you have your foot slightly on the gas
- otherwise it’s a solid product

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 04C7FBF5-9C21-4B7A-9D03-46F974146B7D
Mine was a simple install too, also used a little low viscosity silicone lube and no prob. I think the early models had a fitment problem where a pipe spreader was req'd, seems they have fixed that issue :)
Haven't noticed any drone at any rpm, but maybe that's because I have old ears that had too many front rows at rock shows lol :)