What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
here are pics of access to the front and rear latches. Again the front section of the jtop folds back. The back latches are accessible through the cutout if needed or they can also be engaged by working them by pushing with the fabric. The side latches have to be manipulated “through“ the fabric.

Here is a video from the jtop website showing installation of hardtop and freedom panels while leaving jtop sunshade in place.

Here is a video of leaving it on under a soft top

Front
4832A1DC-4A0F-4C3B-9A3F-8E7BA048A898.jpeg

F4B971C6-2EB1-40B5-9A11-96DBC95FDE75.jpeg

hope this answers your questions and helps
Those videos nailed it. Thanks.

Jeepadoodle

First Name
Kerwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
I did just as much nonsense to my camaro before the jeep. lol. Some of us just cant leave well enough alone.
You can say that again. It is a labor of love. Miss my Camaro. Was a beast.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Spent some time chasing a rattle. I have a hollow sounding rattle when hitting bumps. Sounds very loose and knocks against the body of the jeep. Or at least sounds like it is. Pulled all the stuff in my trunk box to see if there’s something in there rattling.
Just went through the same thing (hunting down a rattle that sprang up). Amazes me how sound travels throughout a vehicle and where it appears to come from depending on where you're sitting. I swore the rattle was around the passenger door/seatbelt. My wife thought it was coming from the center of the dash.

Looking up she noticed the garage door opener on the visor which is usually in her car but left in mine. It has a loose button and that was the rattle. At least it was an easy fix but it drove me nuts for a day.

JMon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara Altitude (arriving soon)
VanTop front/rear dashcam and rearview mirror. It is 100% worth it!
I bought the Vantop 612T about 2 months back and I like it, but there are 3 things that kind of drive me nuts about it. First is that I wish that it defaulted to the last mode/preferred mode (ex. Rear camera vs. split screen). I constantly have to swipe to get to the rear after startup. Second, is that when backing up, the camera does some funky fishbowl view and the perspective makes it hard to accurately see what’s back there. Lastly, I actually find it hard to use on the highway at night. The headlights behind you are hard to judge distance and sometimes just look like a beam of light. Hard to explain. I would definitely say that I like it, but I haven’t fallen in love with it.

Interested in your experience. Could be just me...

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Finished installing my 2.5" MC Gamechanger RockSport edition lift. Also added 18x9 (-12) Fuel Ammo wheels with 37x12.5r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Jeep Pic 6
Ed,

Love your wheels. But I may be a little biased...

Jay

IMG_20200605_180738.jpg

IMG_20200606_132713.jpg

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
That does it I love the factory wheels but these are amazing too. This finally made my choice!!
Rusty,

Glad to inadvertently help. Pics are always worth the price of the post. But please don't complain after the cost of these puppies. Mine required the 2.5" lift along with the larger rubber. Also, some assembly required...

Jay

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
I bought the Vantop 612T about 2 months back and I like it, but there are 3 things that kind of drive me nuts about it. First is that I wish that it defaulted to the last mode/preferred mode (ex. Rear camera vs. split screen). I constantly have to swipe to get to the rear after startup. Second, is that when backing up, the camera does some funky fishbowl view and the perspective makes it hard to accurately see what’s back there. Lastly, I actually find it hard to use on the highway at night. The headlights behind you are hard to judge distance and sometimes just look like a beam of light. Hard to explain. I would definitely say that I like it, but I haven’t fallen in love with it.

Interested in your experience. Could be just me...

There is a way to default the startup in the settings, let me try to find it. Also I have not experienced the fishbowl view, do you have a pic of that?

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks... I am running 35" Toyo OC R/Ts on Dirty Life 17" wheels. I agree with the amount of lift. Right after install I was showing a 4" lift. Letting it settle in to see what I end up with.
I’ve been running the 2.5” MC for over a year now. Not a single problem and overall good amount of lift. I will be adding the rest of the control arms to complete the game changer kit and going 3.5” next week :)

34976704-C2C1-4437-8C28-438DECFD747D.jpeg

lclaborn

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
That is what I want to do as well. Looking for a mopar one now!
Took me a little while to get my hands on one locally. But I just kept searching and one popped up nearby on Facebook marketplace. The one I picked up had some scratches and scrapes on the plastic fog-light bezels, but those are easily replaced for about $35. Good luck on your hunt!