wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Converted the box from my lift kit int
Added a front differential slide plate from Rancho. Doing the rear tomorrow from MetalCloak.

PXL_20210131_001726509.jpg
I have beat my Rancho diff skids. I have repainted them twice now.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
I got the VanTop for Christmas but I haven't installed it yet. Did you write up the install?

I actually did not, but shoot me a PM and I can take pics of how I ran everything when I get home from work

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Installed Weathertech front mud flaps (have rears but haven’t installed yet). Very happy with how they turned out. Fit is nice and solid with cutouts for rock rails.
I also installed a set (front only) a few weeks ago. The amount of muddy, salty spray from the front tires that ends up coating the doors has been reduced significantly. I don't mind the Jeep being muddy from going off-road once in a while, but every time we get a little snow they sand and salt and the roads are covered with salty mud for a few days.

I didn't bother with the rears because the spray from them won't hit the sides of the vehicle (though it does coat the rear window and spare tire and backup camera lens...) The installation was easier than I expected.

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
When I went to pick mine up from the dealer I immediately raised the hood and verified I had the correct black steering gear box. Or course after 2 turns I knew it was a different box.
sorry if I see naive but what's the difference and what jeeps need replacing? is it a warranty thing? I have a 2021 JLU diesel is mine the old one or the black one?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
sorry if I see naive but what's the difference and what jeeps need replacing? is it a warranty thing? I have a 2021 JLU diesel is mine the old one or the black one?
Black steel steering boxes are supposed to be standard on Model Year 2021 Jeeps. They represent a noted performance improvement over the prior model year steering boxes, which are silver (aluminum).

Two views of the upgraded component:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2021 Steering box upgrad

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2021 Steering box upgrade -- delivered 2021 per owner

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have beat my Rancho diff skids. I have repainted them twice now.
My front Rancho skid is now slightly bent to one side at the rear. Obvious because the U bolt is no longer centred and there's a tiny crack line at the front below the diff bolts. No leaking. And I never took a really huge bang to the front. Just the usual scrapes and light bangs. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.