What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yep, just the 1.5ā€ spacer lift. Might be my imagination but feels a little more ā€˜floatyā€™ but just did a test run of 120ish miles of highway, back roads, and off roads and felt good. No regrets at all with this choice, would do again.
Looks good!
Might feel floaty due to your decreased caster, might look into longer Mopar lift LCAs, will help keep your Jeep tracking straight at hwy speeds, here's post w/ more info.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/#post-919317

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Storminā€™ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
VanTop front/rear dashcam and rearview mirror. It is 100% worth it!
That should def come standard on all wranglers. All I see is tire out of my rearview

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Worked out the transfer case for the first time today. Iā€™ve never had one on a manual transmission, this was new. Had a derp moment when I was slipping trying to get over a rock and someone enjoying the trail near me reminded me to use the lockers and sway bar disconnect. Everything was easy after that. 4L is an animal in the rubicon M/T. It will be even crazier if I regear when I jump tire sizes.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I installed the popular Rydonair antenna; it was a Christmas gift replacement for another antenna that didn't fit. I think this one looks more correct than did the OEM fishing rod.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Antenna 1

In accordance with OCD Regulation 3.14159265359, I took care to perfectly align the sloped cap.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Antenna 2

Having been used to the factory antenna, I kept thinking that that one fell off, every time I glanced over at the passenger side.

TheBigBadWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Firecracker (3 Pedal Version)
I installed the popular Rydonair antenna; it was a Christmas gift replacement for another antenna that didn't fit. I think this one looks more correct than did the OEM fishing rod.

In accordance with OCD Regulation 3.14159265359, I took care to perfectly align the sloped cap.

Having been used to the factory antenna, I kept thinking that that one fell off, every time I glanced over at the passenger side.
Whatā€™s worse, your OCD regulation being pi or my OCD making me check to see if you got it right to 11 decimal places?

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Nice job! I was looking at the VOS compared to SPOD as there is a significant cost savings. Where are you grounding your accessories? I know the SPOD makes it easy as you ground inside the box, and I thought I read that the VOS you have to ground each to the vehicle. Thanks for the help.
There are factory grounding points all over these JLs. The factory doesn't run anything all the way back. I don't think grounding inside the box is any easier as it just means you have to run two wires all the way from the box to any accessory you install. I used factory grounding points next to the battery, in the passenger footwell, and in the rear cargo area to ground a majority of my accessories.

In addition to the cost savings, the "modability" of the Voswitch was a big part of what drew me to it as well. See my build thread for additional details if you're interested or want to see pictures of anything I did with my wiring.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I looked at both VOS and SPOD. I spoke with trigger over email and they seem to have the wireless coms working on higher frequency now.

Iā€™m buying trigger controller. Less wires appeals to me.
There's only one com cable that gets eliminated by introducing the unreliability of wireless...

jakeirish

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpvluts.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Software / Videographer / Video Editor
Looks great. Anything additional added with the Mopar Lift? I assume dealership installed the lift and Discount Tire put the wheels/tires on?
Just the lift by itself and the tires/wheels and a spare tire bracket!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.