What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Premium audio or not? How did you do the wiring? Use one of the metra adapters?
tia
Mine did not come with the premium audio it has the 5". I did use Metra adapters for the front and soundbar as I swapped the front for the Infiniti REF 3032. This made a huge difference. In both cases the polarity was wrong on the Metra adapters and I had to swap the wires around. The JBL speakers in the soundbar also came with a crossover which is mounted inside. I plan to install a 5.1 amp next and maybe the pods. It sounds much better than stock currently.

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I've had the Trigger Six Shooter for over a year without issue. Highly recommended.
I have been waiting for the 4 shooter to come back in stock. 6 shooter is in stock. I just don’t have the need for so many or I would get a 6.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
What bull bar mount are you using for your lights?
I used two Rugged Ridge clamps with a piece of 1.5x 17.5" flat bar between them.

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Do you mind sharing more details or pictures? That looks like an on/off switch, does that turn a relay?
The winch control box that came with my winch already had that switch. It activates the wireless controller. I just moved everything from the old box (solenoid, wireless cotroller receiver, switch, and plug for the wired controller) into an electronic project.box I bought on Amazon. I did also need to buy rubber grommets and 2 longer cables.

This is what was in the old winch box:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200606_181436256

In the old box, on the Left you can see the switch and plug for the wired controller. In the Center is the solenoid (albright). On the Right is the wireless receiver.

I moved everything into this:
Dustproof Waterproof IP67 Universal Electrical Project Enclosure 5.12" x 7.09" x 2.48"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083N15RMF/ref=twister_B083N1FH9Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I just had to drill holes in the new box for the wires, plug and switch.

Not all winches are the same. So, the box that I bought may not work for everyone.

Last edited:

Kayakjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JlUR
How do you like my new lift? Not too much?
You guys are too nice had it on the stands to replace the sway end links. Now just need to put the tires back on.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200606_181436256
And bring it back to earth.

7D9AE0E4-5CA2-4F6D-840D-71BD2A715998.jpeg

Kojava

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Built a dolly to hold my doors, just need to mount it to the furniture cart.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7D9AE0E4-5CA2-4F6D-840D-71BD2A715998
Hard top dolly is next. Cold winter weekend and thinking of spring!
Nice dolly. What materials did you use? Any particular plan you followed?
I looked but didn’t see if you already answered this elsewhere.
Thanks!

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I replaced the dash and knee speakers in my Sport S today. I have the 7” display non-Alpine system. The dash speakers I went with are Infinity 3.5” ones from Crutchfield. As for the knee speakers, I was really worried about the whole process of pulling the dash apart and getting the knee speaker pods out, but it really wasn’t that bad. I used the Metra pods and installed Infinity 6.5” speakers. I covered the inside with Dynamat and filled with poly fill. Pic is a comparison of the factory pod and Metra pod / Infinity speakers I used.
All in, a $275 upgrade and TOTALLY worth it!

7B70CBD0-3271-4114-87EF-83950C831695.jpeg

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
I installed the adjustable seat jackers today. No issues getting anything lined up. I used the full one inch setup and I will try that for now. I will probably do the passenger set too. I need to drive it a little distance but so far feels good.

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1075.jpeg
Oh can I get a link:please: