What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

moonbeam55

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I'm super curious about these things. Can you remove it just as quickly as the freedom panels? Do you have a way of storing it in the back of the two door? Can it be in place when the pack portion for the top is removed? How durable do you think it will be? I think I like the idea of putting of of those on in the winter months. Still feel open but not so cold.
It is very easy to maneuver, weighs ~25 pounds. I love being able to have lots of light in my Jeep now. Before I felt closed in & dark with the panels on. According to the ClearLidz web page:

"DURABILITY & SHATTERPROOF

Jeep ClearLidzā„¢ tops are made of tough polycarbonate material of the type normally used for jet fighter canopies, making them resilient and durable. Lightweight and bulletproof, the Jeep ClearLidzā„¢ jeep top stands up to small falling projectiles on trails where the unknown factor reigns, letting you focus on the trail ahead.

This flexible material stands up to 12,500 pounds of compression per square inch! All this makes the Jeep ClearLidzā„¢ the best (and only) 180-degree-view, transparent hard top for Jeeps."

I've only had it on for a couple of days so I'm curious what will happen with a foot of snow on it!!!!
It isn't any more noisier than the other panels. As a matter of fact, I don't hear any wind along side the doors because of the rubber bumper cushion that is laid across the top of each entry. Then when the top is screwed down it dampens the noise factor. So I am very happy with it so far!!!!

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Put my lift on 4 days ago so not today but there is no ā€œwhat did you do this week threadā€ so...

2/1ā€ Eibach Coils and coil pads
Fox 2.0 Shocks
JKS track bar and sway links
Mopar 2ā€ LCAā€™s
Hellwig rear sway bar
Teraflex bumpstops
Daystar and Teraflex spacers and isolators to have the passenger side match the driver side, no lean.

Rides great. Do have a little squeak in the rear I think is coming from the new sway bar bushings but I think a little grease will fix that or ill just loosen it up and re torque.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? AC7DC27C-9D57-405D-8810-48C409D3A886

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2E511EE9-33A4-4857-95BA-1A78279F676C

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7ACDAF37-A08C-4F71-9AF5-B886B8C754D2

Last edited:

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Not my Jeep, but I did get to work on my bud"s wife JLR. I used a heat gun to remold the rear inner fender liners so her 37s would not rub when off roading.

Pic of her Jeep with mine. She named her 2dr Little Bit.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7ACDAF37-A08C-4F71-9AF5-B886B8C754D2
AS I was scrolling down slowly... This photo came into view... and I was so pumped... I was sure you were going to post photos of a tug-of-war :CWL:

Kojava

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Made a quick fix on the driverā€™s side sun visor, which unfortunately appears to be designed to fail. But @roaniecowpony had a great thread with a step by step on how to fix it.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sun-visor-fix.44865/

A quick trip to Ace Hardware for the right collar and presto, I wonā€™t be driving blind any more...from either the sun or a low hanging broken visor. šŸ˜Ž

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
I installed the adjustable seat jackers today. No issues getting anything lined up. I used the full one inch setup and I will try that for now. I will probably do the passenger set too. I need to drive it a little distance but so far feels good.

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1075.jpeg

Mr. Crawly

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler 2 door sport
I installed the adjustable seat jackers today. No issues getting anything lined up. I used the full one inch setup and I will try that for now. I will probably do the passenger set too. I need to drive it a little distance but so far feels good.

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1075.jpeg
Will this product scoot the seat back to give more legroom?

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
Will this product scoot the seat back to give more legroom?
No it will not, factory holes are used. The rear holes are the same. You still retain all seat functions with the front having more up angle.

EXPFDR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Billet Silver JLU
Occupation
Army Retired
Vehicle Showcase

JaysJL

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Altitude
pics of the rough country switch panel. how easy was it to install. what baja grsign lights are you running on the a pillar. also what pattern.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6BD0DDD5-F42C-415A-8302-25CFE9913637
Donā€™t mind the mess. The rc lights up. Little more difficult if you donā€™t know which switch is for which light or accessory. But luckily I know which is which

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
My son (5) was telling me I needed to name my Jeep so here we go, all set to flex out tomorrow!

IMG_20210122_193116_331.jpg