First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
And was there any reason you didn’t go with the through shaft? Besides the more cost for it.
drove more today and got up on the interstate. Its a great upgrade. Imo, unless youre going full gucci on all suspension and getting the adjustable TS version, this one is fine. Steering shimmy at center is eliminated, tracking great with my 37’s, and feels consistent lock to lock. Tightened the center play up considerably. The weight is very nice.

if I didnt know the steering box tsb was a thing, and wasnt already on the list, i wouldnt have felt the need for it after doing this damper.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Installed my Voswitch yesterday, took my time & the install went pretty swell.

D5022D62-2F95-4B09-B5F2-E29FCD2279E0.jpeg

6E6EE791-8E5E-483C-95FF-8B587E3A2909.jpeg
Nice to see another user of the same dash tray. I too drilled a hole and used a grommet for a power cord pass-through.

Not to, but in preparation for...mounted up 37's on beadlocks in anticipation of new axles.

20210117_103005.jpg
I'm not the biggest fan of aftermarket wheel designs, but this one is unique. Well bought. 👍

Just did a Rampage front bumper on the GF's Mall Crawler. Now I'm installing a winch this weekend. Hey, that Ulta parking lot gets muddy sometimes.
I know your struggle. ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 18th Dec 2020 Ulta Jee

Added this too
Nice.

I was intending to install this metal emblem on my Ural, but doing so requires a completely flat surface (something in short supply on that rig.) And so it may find a home on my JLU. Not sure yet.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? USAF emblem

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
drove more today and got up on the interstate. Its a great upgrade. Imo, unless youre going full gucci on all suspension and getting the adjustable TS version, this one is fine. Steering shimmy at center is eliminated, tracking great with my 37’s, and feels consistent lock to lock. Tightened the center play up considerably. The weight is very nice.

if I didnt know the steering box tsb was a thing, and wasnt already on the list, i wouldnt have felt the need for it after doing this damper.
Which one of these did you purchase?Not sure what the difference is. I will probably call Northridge and ask them to see what they say.

D21C95EC-8C79-4121-BA49-089FC94E31B9.png

A0DC3569-9658-407E-96FD-7EE599FF958B.png

lclaborn

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU

What was install like for the new stabilizer? Anything special needed besides wrench/socket set? Does anything need to be calibrated for this set up?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Which one of these did you purchase?Not sure what the difference is. I will probably call Northridge and ask them to see what they say.

D21C95EC-8C79-4121-BA49-089FC94E31B9.png

A0DC3569-9658-407E-96FD-7EE599FF958B.png
they are the same. one has the mopar sticker one doesnt. I got the standard 2.0. You can tell by my pic which has the black fox tail. The mopar version uses a white fox tail and the mopar sticker.

Last edited:

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
What was install like for the new stabilizer? Anything special needed besides wrench/socket set? Does anything need to be calibrated for this set up?
it took me 1/4 of a beer time wise, with one wrench...17mm iirc. It couldnt be easier....if you can put gas in your car you can do this. Old one out, new one in, old one into trashcan, drive away.

Last edited:

Bkrup

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK Rubicon 2021 JLU Rubicon

Looks like one is for JK and the other for JL/JT even though the 2007-2018 lists all. Probably a typo on their part.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
it took me 1/4 of a beer time wise, with one wrench...17mm iirc. It couldnt be easier....if you can put gas in your car you can do this. Old one out, new one in, drive away.
I remember reading somewhere (on this forum) that the Fox is not steering neutral? Does it favor one direction over the other? Maybe that was a different Fox model of steering dampener?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I remember reading somewhere (on this forum) that the fox is not steering neutral? Does it favor one direction over the other? Maybe that was a different Fox model of steering dampener?
no, that is correct with any non through shaft damper. How much it affects depends on the quality of the damper. At install, you can tell the pressure is slightly higher on the chamber side, and it will ssssslowly push the shaft out. A TS would not do this.

but this is academic. It is insufficient of a difference to tell on a truck, because it isnt anywhere remotely enough to push the steering assembly or feel from the wheel. Again, Im not trying to be a dick about this, but I have a shit ton of driver training and a formula racing license. I cant feel any off center driving on this particular damper...and id say dont let anyone tell you they can, because theyre full of shit. Imo, dont spend more on a damper until you go full gucci with an adjustable one, and only do that after you have remote resi bypass shocks And your alignment is PERFECT.

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
it was out of stock i got the standard one on super sale here locally.

a through shaft should in theory be more consistent returning to center, but whether or not it is perceptible to the driver depends on their sensitivity to such things, the speed at which youre driving and what the dynamic load is on the chassis, and the quality of the parts available. Im not convinced the quality of the 2.0TS is that far above the standard 2.0 to warrant the change on a street truck.

ive got better than a couple hundred hours of professional driver training, not a small amount of which from Baja500 winners, and i have an open wheel racecar license. I still dont think from behind the wheel on a street truck i could tell you the difference in feel between the 2.0 or the 2.0TS, but ill be happy to eat those words tomorrow if i feel this standard one comes up short. During install i noticed that the shaft did want to extend from the housing, so there is higher pressure on the chamber side of piston that would not be there on a TS, but it wasnt a lot and im not sure It’ll really be feel-able on 37’s.

i personally dont think its worth it until you go all the way up to the Fox adjustable TS; or maybe the icon.
Thanks for the review on the SS. I'm trying to decide what route to go to upgrade mine. My desire to upgrade mine right now rest with wanting to change something on my jeep and this seems like a quick and easy way to scratch an itch. Also the service guy at a local Jeep shop here said basically the stock SS is junk. I spoke with a Fox customer service rep and he said (his opinion is) that the 2.0 TS is just a better built/better quality SS than a the 2.0 non-TS. Beyond that, I have no other scientific data to suggest it is and obviously your experience shows otherwise. I've heard the concerns about the non-TS causing a sense of steering push to one side, but if that imperceptible, that's good to hear.

Any concerns on a TS stabilizer with so much of the shaft being exposed on each side, either getting banged up or damaged or crud build up from road gunk onto the exposed shaft affecting its performance or functionality?
Thanks

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Thanks for the review on the SS. I'm trying to decide what route to go to upgrade mine. My desire to upgrade mine right now rest with wanting to change something on my jeep and this seems like a quick and easy way to scratch an itch. Also the service guy at a local Jeep shop here said basically the stock SS is junk. I spoke with a Fox customer service rep and he said (his opinion is) that the 2.0 TS is just a better built/better quality SS than a the 2.0 non-TS. Beyond that, I have no other scientific data to suggest it is and obviously your experience shows otherwise. I've heard the concerns about the non-TS causing a sense of steering push to one side, but if that imperceptible, that's good to hear.

Any concerns on a TS stabilizer with so much of the shaft being exposed on each side, either getting banged up or damaged or crud build up from road gunk onto the exposed shaft affecting its performance or functionality?
Thanks
i didnt feel the quality of this unit was subpar in any way. As far as exposed shaft, its a steel shaft. shock shafts are exposed to all kinds of things, and the body is designed to wipe the shaft as its used. I wouldnt worry about it On this one or a TS. If the TS one on my adv bike can be exposed Without issue, for sure these can.

as far as steering push, theres no way. Anyone saying they have steering push is experiencing it from something else. And anyone trying to say that the pressure imbalance in the damper is what is causing their steering push is either confused, full of shit, or had a defective damper.

is a TS better? yeah, academically it is. But to feel the difference it needs different/better valving or some other spec. If i felt rough spots in steering or still felt steering wander or places where i felt damping on this one lacked consistency, Id say get the TS. But there isnt, so i see no reason to pay more when you arent getting
more performance, unless you just want more gucci.

From a function over form perspective, this one is perfectly fine until you decide you need/want an adjustable one

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

Thanks

TS is the way to go! Take a look at the Fox 2.0 TS for the JK, it works perfectly on the JL-all you need is the Synergy Stabilizer Stud/Trackbar Bolt for $25 and you are good to go! Mounts the stabilizer above and out of harms way.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1435

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
It makes a huge difference in handling. Almost like a SUV. It will definitely make you wonder how you put up with the sloppy steering before.
I just got the TSB done yesterday and I have to agree with most that it was a huge improvement. The steering is so much tighter and has more effort to turn, which is welcome. This morning when I was driving it felt so natural that I can't even remember the lighter and more wandering steering I had on Monday.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Changed the oil/filter and diff fluid in my 2019 JLUR. While doing this, the Jeep service advisor called and said the new steering gear box for the TSB on my 2018 JLUR was in. Which is weird, since it's only been 5 days since I requested it and it was ordered.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Changed the oil/filter and diff fluid in my 2019 JLUR. While doing this, the Jeep service advisor called and said the new steering gear box for the TSB on my 2018 JLUR was in. Which is weird, since it's only been 5 days since I requested it and it was ordered.
Be careful, seen a couple reports now of people getting the old aluminum box installed by the dealerships for the TSB.