What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Cheez19

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
It's been a busy couple days: working late & trying to do at least SOMETHING to my NEW '20 rubi every day.
so far, in no particular order:
installed cargo tray
cargo.jpg

Installed MOLLE visor "thingy"
IMG_3909.jpg

installed red grab handle tray to match red rubicon trim
IMG_4293.jpg
IMG_4294.jpg
IMG_4295.jpg

Installed "jerry can" key fob cover
IMG_4298.jpg
IMG_4299.jpg

MOPAR cowl light brackets
IMG_4304.jpg

XPRITE hood latches
IMG_4306.jpg

Mounted fire extinguisher bracket (no extinguisher as my daughter stole it for her jeep)
IMG_4311.jpg
IMG_4313.jpg

mounted nylon & velcro extinguisher holder to use for holding recovery strap
IMG_4314.jpg
IMG_4315.jpg

Installed Rugged Ridge HD tailgate reinforcement
IMG_4316.jpg

Installed accent knobs on radio, heater & headlight knobs
IMG_4318.jpg
IMG_4319.jpg
All the adds for the knob accents say they do not fir Rubi/Sport S models. Did you have to do anything special to put these on?

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Mounted Rhino Rack Pioneer MaxTrax Side Mount Bracket and their new Stow It (basically lockable Quick Fists) brackets to hold my shovel. This is much cleaner than the hacks I had built up a while ago.. The position of the MaxTrax does add about six inches of height on top of the Jeep, but it keeps the platform completely open for whatever else I want to put up there.

(And no, I don't ride around with the shovel and MaxTrax on the roof all the time. ;) )

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? A36095B2-0936-4860-AABE-694E5090FCC4

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E1F9E62A-7CC0-44CE-8DF5-DC1882775793

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I did two projects over the weekend. Not really picture worthy.

1. Installed the Oracle Reverse lights Wired them to work with Reverse lights or constant power. My notes are in this post:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...egrated-led-reverse-lights.55888/post-1371594

2. I took a chance on the the review-less power window adapter sold on Amazon that lets all 4 windows work auto-down and auto-up. And auto close the windows when you lock the jeep (From fob or door button on door handle). And auto open with the sequence of unlock-lock-unlock. Everything works great, the video posted on Amazon are the only instructions, none in the package, or anywhere else. (I did find a direct YouTube link to the video: )

In the video you will see them connect the wires to the door side of the harness, obviously that would be easier, but I wired to the body side of the harness, just enough room there to tap in. You only need these wires if you want control from the remote, auto-down, auto-up still work without those wires.

Also there is one constant wire needed, I tried to hook it to the constant from the aux-wiring bundle, but kept blowing the fuse. The wire can't be more than 22 gauge, so I looked at its inline fuse, its 25a, so you need to wire this directly to the battery. Trial and error, it doesn't pull any juice until it gets the high amp signal from the windows that they are closed (when they stop), its only a second of higher amperage, but the 10a fuse cannot handle that. This is obvious now.

I will add review on Amazon, something I rarely do, but for Auto-down/Auto-up functionality on all 4 windows for $100, its a deal for me. No clue why Jeep doesn't do that by default.
Do you think you could hook the constant power wire to one of the 40 amp switch wires? Then you can shut it off if you want, or does it need to be powered for the windows to work at all?

Thanks,
Scott

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Removed the bumper ends, looks better to me. Took awhile to talk the wife into it, now she likes it. She’s joining the forum soon so I have to watch it!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C6EF3C81-050A-42AF-94B1-82E156E84A29

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C6EF3C81-050A-42AF-94B1-82E156E84A29
I like it.

I did the same thing. My plan was to put the end caps back on, but I like the looks better with them off.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
I like it.

I did the same thing. My plan was to put the end caps back on, but I like the looks better with them off.
Thanks man, I have to agree.

Would look better with the new 35’s that are on the way, but we will make do with what we’ve got for now lol

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Removed the bumper ends, looks better to me. Took awhile to talk the wife into it, now she likes it. She’s joining the forum soon so I have to watch it!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1611027554679

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1611027554679
Well it's about damn time you posted something Jeep related! Usually, you just go on and on about how great your wife is. ;):like:

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
Finally got Jscan working on Wrangler JL Uconnect 8.4. Now can use the trail mode function (lockers) with ease. Don’t need to fluff around with a phone.

- You will need a Apple CarPlay to Android Dongle - which runs full blown android system via CarPlay and can install any other android app you want.

https://www.carplaymmb.com/products/mmb-android-carplay-usb

Now hoping Jscan will add few more functions to the Trail Mode (sway bar disconnect at any speed, Traction and ABS kill)
Also installed my ARB Pressure Control system and Speedflate 4 tyre inflation/deflation system. All I got to do now is connect the hose to the compressor and set the desired pressure from The Uconnect system while I sit and relax inside the comfort of my Jeep!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5A15B000-B424-437B-B9F6-94D01891BDC5
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6913D8EE-7F67-40FE-9090-3EDD4F789416
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 181F0803-BF54-4CC4-8505-BAEC1BE7AE33
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1AF0FEC7-0BDA-42F0-89A2-1BDECE85353D

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I did two projects over the weekend. Not really picture worthy.

1. Installed the Oracle Reverse lights Wired them to work with Reverse lights or constant power. My notes are in this post:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...egrated-led-reverse-lights.55888/post-1371594

2. I took a chance on the the review-less power window adapter sold on Amazon that lets all 4 windows work auto-down and auto-up. And auto close the windows when you lock the jeep (From fob or door button on door handle). And auto open with the sequence of unlock-lock-unlock. Everything works great, the video posted on Amazon are the only instructions, none in the package, or anywhere else. (I did find a direct YouTube link to the video: )

In the video you will see them connect the wires to the door side of the harness, obviously that would be easier, but I wired to the body side of the harness, just enough room there to tap in. You only need these wires if you want control from the remote, auto-down, auto-up still work without those wires.

Also there is one constant wire needed, I tried to hook it to the constant from the aux-wiring bundle, but kept blowing the fuse. The wire can't be more than 22 gauge, so I looked at its inline fuse, its 25a, so you need to wire this directly to the battery. Trial and error, it doesn't pull any juice until it gets the high amp signal from the windows that they are closed (when they stop), its only a second of higher amperage, but the 10a fuse cannot handle that. This is obvious now.

I will add review on Amazon, something I rarely do, but for Auto-down/Auto-up functionality on all 4 windows for $100, its a deal for me. No clue why Jeep doesn't do that by default.
do you have a link to the wiring harness for the windows? I want to ensure that I buy the correct one. Dam this site cost me money on stuff I didn't even know that I needed.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Do you think you could hook the constant power wire to one of the 40 amp switch wires? Then you can shut it off if you want, or does it need to be powered for the windows to work at all?

Thanks,
Scott
It needs to be constant to work when the Jeep is off. Not sure why you would shut it off. I did find when the unit did not have power, it reverts back to factory control (auto down up front only).

Also the 4 door, it you have the "Rear window lock out" turned on, the device won't control them. I thought the rear windows were not working correctly, then noticed my rear window lock out switch was "on".