What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
Installed my Voswitch yesterday, took my time & the install went pretty swell.

I’ll never have to have another wire going through my firewall again & hopefully it will last a while.

the unit has to sense a load on the relay to actually work.
it doesn’t tell you this in the directions.
The cool thing is it makes it a snap to add any other accessories 👍🏼

49E735F7-55AE-4302-BBC2-596A56C339F2.jpeg

A348916E-35FC-4012-A6AF-922269EA09FA.jpeg

D5022D62-2F95-4B09-B5F2-E29FCD2279E0.jpeg

6E6EE791-8E5E-483C-95FF-8B587E3A2909.jpeg
I went through the side cowl, then windshield channel (tilted windshield down) and got into the cab super easy. Surprised I don't see more folks using this route.

About the 5 minute mark on this video..

Great stuff, your way is probably better, and my post is likely more of me worrying about my method over anything else...

Stay well.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S, Bright White, Freedom Pkg
Installed Evo ProTek engine/trans skid plate on the JLU. Installation was pretty simple even from the garage floor. It helped to have two sets of hands.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
As soon as USPS gets here, I am installing locking hood latches. I could not do the Mopar central hood latch lock since I have the factory integrated trailcam.

I hate it when things disappear from my engine bay. 🔑

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? latch

EDIT: This was a very easy mod. It took about 10 minutes to do both sides. Just remove 3 nuts on each side and install the new latches.

Last edited:

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
What winch plate and other parts did you use to mount your winch?

Only took me 3 days to complete but got the winch and bumper on. Still have to fully mount the bar and trim the badlands freespool handle.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? latch

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Made mine legal again today.
1. Added removable front bumper extensions.
2. Added rear mudflaps
3. added fugly fender extenders to cover my 13.5" wide tires. (you can almost see them in the pictures)

IMG_71291.jpg

IMG_71301.jpg

IMG_71311.jpg

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Johnny,

You actually remove them first, place the decal, then make a slit in the hole with a knife/blade. This allows you to insert them back into the hole and re-bolt them down. Pic below shows them removed completely as the first red decal goes down.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_71311
Yep, this is intentional. The bumpers are easy to temporarily remove, and the finished product looks much cleaner without a small outline around the bumpers letting some of the paint color thru.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
As soon as USPS gets here, I am installing locking hood latches. I could not do the Mopar central hood latch lock since I have the factory integrated trailcam.

I hate it when things disappear from my engine bay. 🔑

View attachment 413872
Which locks are those? Once you get them can you give the lock diameter and the diameter of the hole for the lock, would be nice to have a weather proof cover for the lock.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Which locks are those? Once you get them can you give the lock diameter and the diameter of the hole for the lock, would be nice to have a weather proof cover for the lock.
I cheated on the photo. I considered the locks in the photo but learned the left lock and the right lock are keyed differently, so you have to have 2 different keys. I thought that was stupid. The locks I ordered are very similar but use a traditional lock cylinder instead of the barrel key lock cylinder. Here is the link for the hood locks I ordered. Click Here

It looks like the locks I orders do have a cover over the key slot.

Mr. Crawly

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler 2 door sport
I went through the side cowl, then windshield channel (tilted windshield down) and got into the cab super easy. Surprised I don't see more folks using this route.

About the 5 minute mark on this video..

Great stuff, your way is probably better, and my post is likely more of me worrying about my method over anything else...

Stay well.

It’s surprisingly easy to remove the dash/radio on a JL... all I did was come through the grommet near my clutch push pin & route it up above the radio... I drilled a hole in the tray (& directly under it) & installed a grommet... easy-peasy 👊🏽👊🏽👊🏽 Looks & functions a helluva lot better than my other switches I had in there... I’m too embarrassed to post a pic where I put my air compressor & my kc light switches initially 😬

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I did two projects over the weekend. Not really picture worthy.

1. Installed the Oracle Reverse lights Wired them to work with Reverse lights or constant power. My notes are in this post:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...egrated-led-reverse-lights.55888/post-1371594

2. I took a chance on the the review-less power window adapter sold on Amazon that lets all 4 windows work auto-down and auto-up. And auto close the windows when you lock the jeep (From fob or door button on door handle). And auto open with the sequence of unlock-lock-unlock. Everything works great, the video posted on Amazon are the only instructions, none in the package, or anywhere else. (I did find a direct YouTube link to the video: )

In the video you will see them connect the wires to the door side of the harness, obviously that would be easier, but I wired to the body side of the harness, just enough room there to tap in. You only need these wires if you want control from the remote, auto-down, auto-up still work without those wires.

Also there is one constant wire needed, I tried to hook it to the constant from the aux-wiring bundle, but kept blowing the fuse. The wire can't be more than 22 gauge, so I looked at its inline fuse, its 25a, so you need to wire this directly to the battery. Trial and error, it doesn't pull any juice until it gets the high amp signal from the windows that they are closed (when they stop), its only a second of higher amperage, but the 10a fuse cannot handle that. This is obvious now.

I will add review on Amazon, something I rarely do, but for Auto-down/Auto-up functionality on all 4 windows for $100, its a deal for me. No clue why Jeep doesn't do that by default.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Look great, the install video scared me off.
It did as well (and they only showed the driver’s side, probably for good reason :giggle:). At one point, I was going to just pay someone (*cough* @chevymitchell *cough* ;)) but my brother put his finger on the cabin-side to make sure I wouldn’t hit anything critical and I pushed a screwdriver through it. Ended up doing it yesterday because the dealer messed up re-installing my driver’s side inner fender after the steering box TSB so I had to take that side off to re-install it.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I cheated on the photo. I considered the locks in the photo but learned the left lock and the right lock are keyed differently, so you have to have 2 different keys. I thought that was stupid. The locks I ordered are very similar but use a traditional lock cylinder instead of the barrel key lock cylinder. Here is the link for the hood locks I ordered. Click Here

It looks like the locks I orders do have a cover over the key slot.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? sneaky