James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I had been looking to upgrade the water system for the Jeep for some time now.

I had been using a water brick that sat on the bottom platform in the center rear of the Jeep. It was only strapped in-between the bottom and top platform levels. This worked well, but it also ate up a lot of valuable storage space below the top platform. You can kind if see the blue water brick and the water line in the center rear just past the Jeep Cicken.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210115_114615

I took some measurements and guessed that the FrontRunner Footwell water tank ( https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/water-solutions/front-runner-footwell-water-tank.html ) would fit under the base platform piece in the Jeep. Taking a proper measurement would mean ripping out the full system and... well, I was just to lazy for that! :)

So, I ordered the new tank from OK4WD and got on the waiting list as it was on backorder. It finally came in just before xmas! :)

So, today I finally bit the bullet and disassembled the back platform system to fit the FeontRunner. The good news is it fit as hoped and keeps the base platform level without any adjustments!.. But it was still a pain in the ass and took 4hours. :)

Now the Jeep has a higher water carry capacity that is secure, low (i.e. on the floor) and centered in the vehicle.

The water tank has two feeds that I've run into a single line with two taps: One at the drivers side rear door and another at the back where it's used as a water source for the small faucet ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QY5F7HC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share ) and sink setup.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210115_142340

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210115_142317

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210115_142308

And all put together again :)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210115_164522

Homebrwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL sahara
Build Thread
Link
First Mod on the Punk'n! 🎃
• Mopar 2" lift kit
• 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
• Fuel Covert wheels (gunmetal w/black ring)

SPECIAL THANKS - @Discount Tire (Matt Johnson) for helping with the wheels + tires. Best price I could find AND shipped to me in 4 days.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210115_164522
How do you like the Mopar lift. On and off road? I am researching options even just a spacer lift, so undecided.

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
Did something a little different from what I have seen on here. I installed a Kessler quick release bracket to the bottom of the Hooke cargo rack. This will hold my large lens setup for birding/wildlife.
I put a rubber bumper at the lens hood to absorb any movement. Loving the cargo light bar too.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1047

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1049

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1051

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I had been looking to upgrade the water system for the Jeep for some time now.

I had been using a water brick that sat on the bottom platform in the center rear of the Jeep. It was only strapped in-between the bottom and top platform levels. This worked well, but it also ate up a lot of valuable storage space below the top platform. You can kind if see the blue water brick and the water line in the center rear just past the Jeep Cicken.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210115_154457

I took some measurements and guessed that the FrontRunner Footwell water tank ( https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/water-solutions/front-runner-footwell-water-tank.html ) would fit under the base platform piece in the Jeep. Taking a proper measurement would mean ripping out the full system and... well, I was just to lazy for that! :)

So, I ordered the new tank from OK4WD and got on the waiting list as it was on backorder. It finally came in just before xmas! :)

So, today I finally bit the bullet and disassembled the back platform system to fit the FeontRunner. The good news is it fit as hoped and keeps the base platform level without any adjustments!.. But it was still a pain in the ass and took 4hours. :)

Now the Jeep has a higher water carry capacity that is secure, low (i.e. on the floor) and centered in the vehicle.

The water tank has two feeds that I've run into a single line with two taps: One at the drivers side rear door and another at the back where it's used as a water source for the small faucet ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QY5F7HC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share ) and sink setup.

And all put together again :)
Great! Now I need a Jeep chicken. Thanks for nothing @redsyphon

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Going under the knife on Monday. Full Metalcloak 2.5” Game Changer with Rocksports, Method 703 in bronze, 37” KO2, Teraflex tire carrier, Teraflex steering stabilizer.
Upgraeeeeeds!!!!

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Did something a little different from what I have seen on here. I installed a Kessler quick release bracket to the bottom of the Hooke cargo rack. This will hold my large lens setup for birding/wildlife.
I put a rubber bumper at the lens hood to absorb any movement.
I may be the only one considering the number of high-fives you got but - I wonder how long the lens mount/camera mount are going to last being supported like that while traveling over rough roads.

Later,
Johnny

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
So I gotta share this for anyone looking at the Armory Black Rhino wheels, they are amazing but, the spare sucks for a third brake light. I tried three different brake light setups and nothing besides the stock one actually works. I started off installing the new Spartacus Tire Carrier mainly for the new hinges but it also came with the circle brake light that goes behind the spare, which is pointless when your wheel has zero openings. Then it came with a bracket to set it up behind the spare through the top 2 lug nuts that don't fit because the wheels only fit these tiny spindle lugs. Then I got the Teraflex Alpha and installed that using the Spartacus as the beefed up hinge replacement and the end of the quick detachable third brake light just barely hangs on by the tip of the camera housing. If I go back to the stock setup I lose the lift of the spare which gets my back up sensors functional again because with the stock one it hangs down into them so they just just go off every time I am in reverse. Really love the setup of the wheels especially the offset it is perfect! But if you ever look at any wheels with a deep face and no openings, you are gonna have a fun time setting up your spare to have the third brake light.

My solution for the third brake light fiasco for the Black Rhino Armory wheels.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...wheels-rear-camera-options.58287/post-1369154

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
I may be the only one considering the number of high-fives you got but - I wonder how long the lens mount/camera mount are going to last being supported like that while traveling over rough roads.

Later,
Johnny
I agree about rough roads 100%. This setup is more for everyday close to home stuff. Off the beaten path I will use my pelican case or padded backpack. The lens mount could take it but I would be more concerned about the camera mount myself. Canon makes some tough L glass. Thanks for the input, a valid one it is.

MJHuber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi,

Nothing extreme, but I just installed some new accessories.

- Removed my Euro rear bumper to get the space for the US hitch receiver.

- Found à way to get the license plate installed while waiting for my AEV Rear Bumper.

- installed the Kuat 7-10 inches extension for my Kuat NV 2.0 4 bikes Rack.

- installed the XG Cargo Gama while waiting to be completed by the American Adventure Lab MASS cargo.

- put the Boomerang Enterprise Arm rest cover. Just hold by 3M and perfect fit. Will add protection to the bad quality Vinyl on the OEM one when carrying some skis.

- made a clean in the Recovery space.

All of that with the help of Max...

Cheers from France ✌

Does your kuat hi lo hitch extender allow you to open your tailgate all the way with your rack dropped down?

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
Brought her home and parked in the stables for the first time.

Let the mods begin!
-gap hider and floor mats

-Fire extinguisher

-stubby antenna

-started applying PPf to the hinges.