What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I added finished the install of the Rugged Ridge Snorkel. I put the tall snorkel on for the day, but will most likely just run it in the low mount installed for normal driving and put the tall mount on for extended trips.
Did you notice any new noises with the high mount? Rattles, wind noise? things like that?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Recently installed the idrive throttle controller, and after some experimenting, I found the Ultimate #2 setting to be the best fit for my driving style. It completely removes the delayed reaction between throttle input and throttle response. I'm liking it a lot, and was able to get a very clean looking install that only shows about an inch of wiring.

Also, swapped out the brake pads and rotors for the PowerStop Z36 package. Definitely a noticeable increase in braking strength compared to the factory wares.

Due this Monday, is the Switch Pros 8-button controller with grab bar mount and labels, a pair each of Baja Designs Squadron Pros spots and wide cornering lights in white light, 4 of the BD LP4 amber spot/wide cornering combos, and Lux 8-piece RGB rock lights.
:swear:...........:movember:.........:camera:.......................😁

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Recently installed the idrive throttle controller, and after some experimenting, I found the Ultimate #2 setting to be the best fit for my driving style. It completely removes the delayed reaction between throttle input and throttle response. I'm liking it a lot, and was able to get a very clean looking install that only shows about an inch of wiring.

Also, swapped out the brake pads and rotors for the PowerStop Z36 package. Definitely a noticeable increase in braking strength compared to the factory wares.

Due this Monday, is the Switch Pros 8-button controller with grab bar mount and labels, a pair each of Baja Designs Squadron Pros spots and wide cornering lights in white light, 4 of the BD LP4 amber spot/wide cornering combos, and Lux 8-piece RGB rock lights.
That is a lot of light!
I’m trying to decide which extra lights and where to put them, care to share your placement and reasoning?
I replaced fogs with BD pros in wide amber lenses, love them and want more but not sure what. I like the amber more than I thought I would, am thinking of just adding another amber light bar or something. Not sure I’d miss not having a white light..

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
:swear:...........:movember:.........:camera:.......................😁
Thanks, that made for a great laugh first thing in the morning!

I'll snap a shot of the controller, but I never took any of the box of pads and rotors. And I never stop to take pics of during my installs, because I'm generally cramming a lot into the few and far between windows of opportunity that I get. I'm still sitting on Metalcloaks front track bar and 8 control arms. 😆

Turns out, I'll be waiting another couple of weeks for the LP4's and one of the pairs of Squadrons. But I'll take some pics of the switch pro, rock lights, and the 1st pair of Squadrons.

Happy belated New Year, bro!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Got this delivered yesterday.........

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? BD4E68B1-36F5-4044-AD53-434648E9A1EC

Meant to do this 6 months ago....:facepalm:..... it’s and old man thing. The foam rubber is indented, but not all the way through, no issues with brake line.....

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C1EF709E-71D7-4020-B16F-37F35F9965F3
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0E09514C-9CF9-49C8-B1B6-BB3A79FE9EB7

This bracket should take care of it. I’ll post pic when I get it installed, hopefully within the next 6 mos......😁.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, that made for a great laugh first thing in the morning!

I'll snap a shot of the controller, but I never took any of the box of pads and rotors. And I never stop to take pics of during my installs, because I'm generally cramming a lot into the few and far between windows of opportunity that I get. I'm still sitting on Metalcloaks front track bar and 8 control arms. 😆

Turns out, I'll be waiting another couple of weeks for the LP4's and one of the pairs of Squadrons. But I'll take some pics of the switch pro, rock lights, and the 1st pair of Squadrons.

Happy belated New Year, bro!
Happy new year my friend, here’s to a better year.....:beer:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0E09514C-9CF9-49C8-B1B6-BB3A79FE9EB7

Meant to do this 6 months ago....:facepalm:..... it’s and old man thing. The foam rubber is indented, but not all the way through, no issues with brake line.....

This bracket should take care of it. I’ll post pic when I get it installed, hopefully within the next 6 mos......😁.
Yeah, I highly recommend that Synergy bracket. I didn't need it with the Dynatrac lift, but definitely do with the 3.5" Gamechanger. I originally thought it would be an additional clamping point, until installing it and realizing that the factory clamp on the underside of the body can't be used with the lines running under the crossmember. If the factory clamp remains, the cables will be bent too much in a focused run and won't last as long. This new bracket prevents too long of a run from flopping around. I know you know this, but thought other readers might benefit from knowing the synergy bracket is worth getting.

Happy new year my friend, here’s to a better year.....:beer:
I hear that! :beer:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I highly recommend that Synergy bracket. I didn't need it with the Dynatrac lift, but definitely do with the 3.5" Gamechanger. I originally thought it would be an additional clamping point, until installing it and realizing that the factory clamp on the underside of the body can't be used with the lines running under the crossmember. If the factory clamp remains, the cables will be bent too much in a focused run and won't last as long. This new bracket prevents too long of a run from flopping around. I know you know this, but thought other readers might benefit from knowing the synergy bracket is worth getting.

I hear that! :beer:
Yeah.... the funny thing is, I install these all the time on lifts I do for other people, but you know how it is when it comes to your own rig and your planning the next major mod.....immagunna this weekend, immagunna this weekend, before you know it, it’s 6 months later, and the wife chimes in, “I thought you were gonna do that back in July?”.......... :facepalm:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is a lot of light!
I’m trying to decide which extra lights and where to put them, care to share your placement and reasoning?
I replaced fogs with BD pros in wide amber lenses, love them and want more but not sure what. I like the amber more than I thought I would, am thinking of just adding another amber light bar or something. Not sure I’d miss not having a white light..
I'm leaving the factory LED lighting as is. For additional white light, I'm putting the 2 pairs of Squadron Pros at the base of the a-pillars in a side by side orientation. The spots will be on the inner location and aimed as a longer range supplement to the high beams. The wide cornering pair will be on the outer location and aimed upwards of 45° out to the side. These will function as ditch lighting and just general flank lighting.

The 4 LP4's will be my amber option for the fog, dust, and snow events that I see pretty regularly. They'll be mounted on the front bumper in a box formation, 2 under and 2 over the bull bar. All of them are spot/wide cornering. The lowers will be aimed so the spot is at low beam height and the upper pair will be at high beam height. They only have a high setting, versus the high and low of the LP6 and LP9 series, but they do have the amber back/running lights. I try to be as conspicuous as possible to the hoards of inattentive drivers, so I also drive around with the parking lights and fogs turned on. These amber back lights will just add to that. Otherwise, all of these lights are only going to be used offroad or with zero traffic in my forward field.

It would be beyond ridiculous, if they were all gonna be white light, but splitting it with amber will add more functional options. Even with that, an additional 20k lumins of white and 30k of amber will be like having the power of the sun at my fingertips. Muahaha!

I'm adding the Switch Pros on top of the factory aux switches, to have more options of breaking up the lights into zones and to have them located in an easier spot to access on the fly. I want the a-pillar spots and floods to operate separately, rock lights on their own circuit, and I may or may not separate the upper and lower ambers depending on how the lights actually cast. The factory aux will be for the not on the fly things like a winch, whip light, etc.

For visual reference:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200815_110338_resized

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.... the funny thing is, I install these all the time on lifts I do for other people, but you know how it is when it comes to your own rig and your planning the next major mod.....immagunna this weekend, immagunna this weekend, before you know it, it’s 6 months later, and the wife chimes in, “I thought you were gonna do that back in July?”.......... :facepalm:
Hahaha! I mentioned to my wife the other day about having to go to the shop to swap control arms. She asked "Didn't you do that a couple months ago? What've you been doing at the shop all those times, if not working on the Jeep?" I said, "Installing other parts that I don't dread doing." Her reaction, " :facepalm: " Me, ":bandit: "

fresh air 1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Recently installed the RokBlokz mud flaps the other day. Was tired of the 2"s of snow that would cover the rear fenders, hinges and door handles.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20201229_235736
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20201231_234812
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20201231_145553
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20201231_134059
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20201231_133413
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20210106_185915
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20210106_185923
Significantly reduced the amount of road debris on the side of vehicle. Love the fact that they remove so quickly. Plan is to run mostly in winter time here in Maine.
Install was super quick for the fronts. Rear not so much if you want to keep the rear lower fender liner. Had to do a good amount of mods to the liner to get them to fit properly. Other than that they work and look great.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Perfect! I have some "rear-end" work coming up! Thanks for the suggestion!

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

FYI, don’t push the cable back inside the lining, it could dislodge from the equalizer bracket at the e-brake lever. Been there, done that. :swear:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Got it installed.......

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9D53A117-B8E2-488C-847A-3478EF92499F

got it off the diff, not a lot, but enough.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9E832303-02DC-4C16-910B-7865FFE3E5A4

And some of you probably already do this, but for the ones that don’t know, I always use a 1/2” box wrench and a little tap to get the brake line out of the bracket. It squishes those little metal fingers all at once, pops right off.........:)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7076EBC1-4E4A-4A0F-BE22-A2DBFF68F08B

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Got it installed.......

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7076EBC1-4E4A-4A0F-BE22-A2DBFF68F08B

got it off the diff, not a lot, but enough.

And some of you probably already do this, but for the ones that don’t know, I always use a 1/2” box wrench and a little tap to get the brake line out of the bracket. It squishes those little metal fingers all at once, pops right off.........:)

What a maroon! That's a hammer, not a tap! :giggle: