What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Jeep looks great. Was wondering which bar do you have and does it block the front camera view at all?
Nope, no issues, it's the Warn Low bar, ordered off of Amazon. When you have the bumper off is a good time to install it.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Put on the RR Arcus front bumper W/ RC Pro 9500S winch. Pretty happy with the final product. I got the kit with the bull bar but haven’t decided to install yet.

Getting a lift And some new wheels/ tires later in the week. :rock:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C4E65094-45E7-4B57-911C-784149F6794E

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? D933ADA7-D529-485D-8B46-C2698E84FC21

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
After the wire loom, is it simple to fish the wire through the top?
Very simple. I just popped out the connector and just pushed the wire thru and pulled it out the hole in the hard top.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I added finished the install of the Rugged Ridge Snorkel. I put the tall snorkel on for the day, but will most likely just run it in the low mount installed for normal driving and put the tall mount on for extended trips.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1609881979626

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1609882011732

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1609882050324

I painted the intake mesh for the upper and lower intakes red. I just though it needed all the black to be broke up some. I also ran the air box drain to the the front bumper with a valve so it would be convenient if I needed to drain the air box.

I think this may improve my mileage. This really opened up the amount of air that get pushed to the air box. The stock air intake tube is maybe an inch to an inch and a half in diameter. It is maybe a quarter of the size of the intake tube for the snorkel.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I added finished the install of the Rugged Ridge Snorkel. I put the tall snorkel on for the day, but will most likely just run it in the low mount installed for normal driving and put the tall mount on for extended trips.

I painted the intake mesh for the upper and lower intakes red. I just though it needed all the black to be broke up some. I also ran the air box drain to the the front bumper with a valve so it would be convenient if I needed to drain the air box.

I think this may improve my mileage. This really opened up the amount of air that get pushed to the air box. The stock air intake tube is maybe an inch to an inch and a half in diameter. It is maybe a quarter of the size of the intake tube for the snorkel.
That red effect was a nice touch.
Looks sharp!!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Made an unscheduled extra payment on the purchase loan.
Some years ago, on a loan for a vehicle that I've since sold, I was able to work out accelerated payments to principal without spending a penny above the established monthly payment figure (if I didn't want to at any given time.)

E.g., assuming a $400.00 monthly payment: instead of paying $400.00 once each month, I paid $100.00 every week. I don't recall precisely how much interest I saved. The note was paid months in advance of its original maturity date, though, meaning this M.O. worked exactly as I intended. This approach required manual transfers via online banking, which I had been doing for several years when the loan was opened.

My financial institution didn't have a problem with how I did things, provided the minimum recurring payment occurred by month's end...which it always did. When I wanted to pay more than $100.00 per week, I did that, also.

IOW, I determined that I was able to leverage the amortization process, and I took advantage. Perhaps it's an option for others, also.

------------------

I need to buy some Oncorhynchus nerka to prepare on the new countertop grill that I received for Christmas, too. ;)

Mud Wasp

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hella Yella 2019 JLU, Copperhead Pearl 2014 JK
Occupation
Transportation
Vehicle Showcase
Some years ago, on a loan for a vehicle that I've since sold, I was able to work out accelerated payments to principal without spending a penny above the established monthly payment figure (if I didn't want to at any given time.)

E.g., assuming a $400.00 monthly payment: instead of paying $400.00 once each month, I paid $100.00 every week. I don't recall precisely how much interest I saved. The note was paid months in advance of its original maturity date, though, meaning this M.O. worked exactly as I intended. This approach required manual transfers via online banking, which I had been doing for several years when the loan was opened.

My financial institution didn't have a problem with how I did things, provided the minimum recurring payment occurred by month's end...which it always did. When I wanted to pay more than $100.00 per week, I did that, also.

IOW, I determined that I was able to leverage the amortization process, and I took advantage. Perhaps it's an option for others, also.

------------------

I need to buy some Oncorhynchus nerka to prepare on the new countertop grill that I received for Christmas, too. ;)
Red Salmon in Pennsylvania that's going to cost a few $$$

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Silenced the 'clunk' from my D-Rings when going over bumps, even with anti-rattle cups and bushings on the shackles hitting a sharp bump would cause the clevis pins to rattle in the shackle mounts. Cut pieces from a spiral polyethylene cable wrap, glued into the shackle mount and then lubed with a dab of silicone grease...No rattle and they still move freely!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2205

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2216

JaxPilot

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito! Sahara 2.0L Turbo
Installed a couple of Christmas presents - a Factor 55 Flatlink E, and Outback Trailgater.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E-Flatlink
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? trailgater open
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? trailgater closed

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? trailgater closed

Looks sharp red, I may need to the same. I too only run the high snorkel on Jeep trips. I like the look but the wife complains it hinders her view. You got a parts list to extend the drain? I need to do that, its too hidden right now.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Looks sharp red, I may need to the same. I too only run the high snorkel on Jeep trips. I like the look but the wife complains it hinders her view. You got a parts list to extend the drain? I need to do that, its too hidden right now.
I just a longer drain tube and moved the valve to the front bumper.