What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
As an FYI, I just installed these in the dash of my 2020 JLU WILLYS and they did not require any trimming.

I had the same issue with Metra polarity.
Tech support was questioning the speaker ears being too wide. I sent them a text message with the relevant photo attached (evident in the quoted post.) Point: Me. That's when they offered to preserve my return privilege.

Yes, much better sound. And perhaps there was a mild change in JL dashboard manufacture for MY2021? Anyway, I got mine to fit, and am pleased with their performance.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Lots of threads on here pointing out the metra adapters up front are reversed. Oddly for the sound bar they are not......

I believe your speakers are sitting proud due to the connectors behind not being carefully slid down back into the dash; so they are blocking the speaker from bottoming out on it's flange.

I have installed multiple sets and they all fit flush once the ears trimmed a bit.

I now recommend Kenwood KFC X8C as they fit without trimming the ears and work equally as well.

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Lots of threads on here pointing out the metra adapters up front are reversed. Oddly for the sound bar they are not......

I believe your speakers are sitting proud due to the connectors behind not being carefully slid down back into the dash; so they are blocking the speaker from bottoming out on it's flange.

I have installed multiple sets and they all fit flush once the ears trimmed a bit.

I now recommend Kenwood KFC X8C as they fit without trimming the ears and work equally as well.
Did you mean the X3C rather than 8C? Can you hear a significant difference with the Alpine system? TIA.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came with a little roll of foam tape that I placed on underside of each speaker so mounting surface made a nice flush fit. The tab that you trimmed basically bends upward as you screw in so didnā€™t require trimming.

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Added some A pillar lights.

The mess of wiring up on top of the firewall had me twitching a bit after I dressed it all in with wire ties. So I ripped it all out (OCD). Going to buy a light controller.

Top notch stuff. Happy I went with BD lights.

1C55FABA-D6DF-4E74-91F2-E26B5B114F60.jpeg

521FB5B0-E641-4CCA-98D8-08824B01004C.jpeg

3F5C8415-709D-40F2-83B4-7CE9CE5C8901.jpeg

E6C8BD46-7BCA-4143-B47E-9ED65165B986.jpeg

Storminā€™ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Added some A pillar lights.

The mess of wiring up on top of the firewall had me twitching a bit after I dressed it all in with wire ties. So I ripped it all out (OCD). Going to buy a light controller.

Top notch stuff. Happy I went with BD lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E6C8BD46-7BCA-4143-B47E-9ED65165B986

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E6C8BD46-7BCA-4143-B47E-9ED65165B986

Where's the Shelby? I needs a pic

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport; 2014 Grand Cherokee Ltd
I did what many have done before me, the B&M shifter, it was Xmas gift. Thanks Santa. I wish B&M would make one for the automatic transmission, I think they could come up with something. Maybe they could rig up a collar for the lockout push button like the manuals reverse. The transfer shifter is badass, I think having both would be badasser..........šŸ˜Ž...... a sign of the times, thereā€™s my mask, and hand sanitizer......šŸ™‚

Their automatic transmission version is a bit different:
B&M Racing Magnum Grip Automatic Transmission and Transfer Case Shift Knob Set for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT with Automatic Transmission | Quadratec

DDM4V7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Installed a dead pedal that I purchased off Amazon. Installation took about 45 minutes. The bracket that mounts behind the rail at the kick panel was a little bit of a pain. The issue was when they spot welded the bolts in the bracket they were not straight, so they would not line up with the holes in the rail.

I bent them some but did not want to risk breaking the welds. So, I got them close enough to get the bolt closest to the firewall all the way through and then threaded the nut on to pull the front bolt the rest of the way through. This actually helped as I did not have to worry about the bracket falling off behind the kick panel. I had tied a piece of braided fishing line to the bracket just in case but I don't think I really needed it.

I installed the pedal itself in the middle position and at 6' tall, it seems about right for me. My wife is 5'9" tall and liked the middle position as well. Tightening the nut at the front of the pedal was not an issue at all. However, the nut closest to the firewall was a different story. I used a 10mm ratcheting wrench, sat on the door sill, and reached above the dead pedal itself to tighten the nut. I had to go by feel but it was not too bad as there was ample room up there.

Overall, a relatively simple, cheap and worthwhile addition for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1769

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I did what many have done before me, the B&M shifter, it was Xmas gift. Thanks Santa. I wish B&M would make one for the automatic transmission, I think they could come up with something. Maybe they could rig up a collar for the lockout push button like the manuals reverse. The transfer shifter is badass, I think having both would be badasser..........šŸ˜Ž...... a sign of the times, thereā€™s my mask, and hand sanitizer......šŸ™‚

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1769
Looks awesome! It's definitely one of my favorite mods so far, because it gives a far more precise control and feel to the shift. I went cruising around during the height of a recent snow storm, and the improved ergonomics made for easier shifting between 2 and 4h.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C58C01D2-E9B0-4DCE-B6F6-DF7B88618B66
Never seen this. Is it an easy install?

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came with a little roll of foam tape that I placed on underside of each speaker so mounting surface made a nice flush fit. The tab that you trimmed basically bends upward as you screw in so didnā€™t require trimming.
I got the JBLā€™s, same here and I installed the adapters as is and it sounds great. No popping or anything. I had read they fixed the reversed issue after lots of complaints from the forum.