limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Over the last week, my son and I re-did his whole suspension. We went from a 2.5" RK Adventure Series 1 to an RK 3.5" X Factor with Fox 2.0 shocks and No Limits front sway bar links. Added a Clayton rear track bar as I wanted to get rid of the rear TB bracket so I can install a rear diff slider some time. Also installed the Rock Jock upper control arm axle bushing kit, Dana Spicer HD ball joints, Power Stop Z36 front and rear brake pads/rotors, Adams 1350 front drive shaft, Teraflex front brake line brackets, RCV axle tube seals, Factor 55 red Flat Link with rope guard, Poison Spyder rocker body armor, and Rock Hard 4x4 tube sliders. I still have a Metalcloak skid plate system and some Rigid lights to install.

I was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, dreading the tube slider install due to having to remove all of the body bolts. With a lot a patience, manual labor, and liberal application of heat via a propane torch, all bolts were removed and reinstalled without breakage. It wasn't as bad as what I had thought, but definitely don't want to do it again.

We installed the Rock Jock bushings first and took a test drive. I could tell a difference in the handling, seemed a little more firm and responsive. When we did the ball joints, the stock ones were pretty wore out and the ends could be moved very easily. The new ball joints definitely made the handling and steering even better. I recommend upgrading ball joints, it's worth the effort.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0629
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0639
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0641
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0643
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0646
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0651

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Over the last week, my son and I re-did his whole suspension. We went from a 2.5" RK Adventure Series 1 to an RK 3.5" X Factor with Fox 2.0 shocks and No Limits front sway bar links. Added a Clayton rear track bar as I wanted to get rid of the rear TB bracket so I can install a rear diff slider some time. Also installed the Rock Jock upper control arm axle bushing kit, Dana Spicer HD ball joints, Power Stop Z36 front and rear brake pads/rotors, Adams 1350 front drive shaft, Teraflex front brake line brackets, RCV axle tube seals, Factor 55 red Flat Link with rope guard, Poison Spyder rocker body armor, and Rock Hard 4x4 tube sliders. I still have a Metalcloak skid plate system and some Rigid lights to install.

I was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, dreading the tube slider install due to having to remove all of the body bolts. With a lot a patience, manual labor, and liberal application of heat via a propane torch, all bolts were removed and reinstalled without breakage. It wasn't as bad as what I had thought, but definitely don't want to do it again.

We installed the Rock Jock bushings first and took a test drive. I could tell a difference in the handling, seemed a little more firm and responsive. When we did the ball joints, the stock ones were pretty wore out and the ends could be moved very easily. The new ball joints definitely made the handling and steering even better. I recommend upgrading ball joints, it's worth the effort.

IMG_0629.jpg
IMG_0639.jpg
IMG_0641.jpg
IMG_0643.jpg
IMG_0646.jpg
IMG_0651.jpg
What an awesome week, you and the boy did great work there. A couple things there are on my radar, the PS rocker armor, and rcv axle tube seals. Definitely will be in your jet wash on those.

Good job brother......:rock:

meganrken17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ
Reinstalled the doors and top that were removed for the most part since August. I missed the look and thinking of wheeling next month. Also cleaned the crap out of the garage to make room for the new toy...I mean ag equipment. Now I gotta build a bigger shop so my wife can go back to parking in the garage.

What rear bumper do you have on? It looks good.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What an awesome week, you and the boy did great work there. A couple things there are on my radar, the PS rocker armor, and rcv axle tube seals. Definitely will be in your jet wash on those.

Good job brother......:rock:
Thanks Roky! The PS armor went on pretty quickly. I didn't have long enough bar clamps, so my son held each side in place while I marked the initial 2 holes. I also bought a riv-nut installation tool, which made the installation of the riv-nuts very easy and very quick. The only two issues occurred on each side in the area just in front of the front door. The riv-nuts wouldn't go in deep enough due to an inner body panel. I tapped those panels with a 1/4" punch and 2.5 pound hammer a few times to create enough depth.

Bigdagdaman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I really like the 4 individual hooks, I just didn't have enough room in my attic for that. Looks like the same exact HF hoist! Lol
What colour icons are those on your jeep? I have the same color and I'm deciding between the titanium or bronze. Thanks J

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I installed an aluminum fuel filler door, which necessitated removal of the left tail light assembly. FCA loves their esoteric wiring connectors, don't they? :mad:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Another @ORACLElights Rear Bumper lights install. I wanted to manually turn these on and off, so wired into OE Aux Switch #3. I ran wires from passenger footwell inside under trim and carpet back to the rear door area.

I did take the bumper off as advised by others (thx guys!) then ran wires up through the drain hole where the jack and tire iron are located. The drain hole is above that X. (Zip tie tails kept on for illustrative purposes only, since removed)

Question - any reason I shouldn't seal up that drain plug? Seems to have some lame outward-only "valve" going on, but I'm inclined to just seal and pop it out if I need to drain out. I did leave some wire slack so plug can be popped out

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201228_145251

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201228_163632

I ran both lights into the Aux switch wires. If you pry open female spade connectors with a small flathead you can put both male spades from the lights in.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201228_164654

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201228_164723

And yes I did wrap and clean everything up properly.

And here's a teaser for a post to come tomorrow!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201228_093151

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Another @ORACLElights Rear Bumper lights install.

I ran both lights into the Aux switch wires.

If you pry open female spade connectors with a small flathead you can put both male spades from the lights in.
20201228_164654.jpg
Give some thought to buying a small quantity of these 2-into-1 spade connectors. Available in dual Male, as pictured, and also in dual Female. Available at electronics specialty stores, online, and possibly at chain auto parts stores.

They allow the installer to avoid the bodge of prying the connectors apart, which may affect the long-term reliability of the connection. đź‘Ť

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Give some thought to buying a small quantity of these 2-into-1 spade connectors. Available in dual Male, as pictured, and also in dual Female. Available at electronics specialty stores, online, and possibly at chain auto parts stores.
Very cool, didn't know such things existed. Thx!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Very cool, didn't know such things existed. Thx!
I looked at my spares, but I don't have any dual female/single male that you could use.

Anyway, they are handy to have. Best of luck with your future electric endeavors. :)

Last edited: