What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
There is already a power source at the mirror. I just tapped into that. It was easy. The wire from the radio is easy also as there is enough room between the roll bar and the windshield to tuck the wire into place and out of sight.
Where is there power by the mirror? I was going to change my mirror to include map lights but didn't see any power source.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Not necessarily done yet...but a lot on the To-Do list! Santa stopped by early because my parts were taking up all the room in his sleigh! :rock: Can’t wait to get started on the rig! If you don’t know, @Metalcloak sponsors a podcast called The ModernJeeper Show. Listen in and you could win some parts like I did here. This is a great company and their customer service is top notch! I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? JL-13 New Lights
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4D2201DE-B18C-4B82-A101-73FBF86338CD

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Where is there power by the mirror? I was going to change my mirror to include map lights but didn't see any power source.
Watch this video. It is short, if you want just the wiring part, jump to the one minute mark. It is worth watching the whole, one minute and 34 seconds.......

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Had the Mopar 2” lift installed yesterday. LOVE it! The Jeep feels quieter, the suspension more compliant and isolated.

I measured from the center of the fender to the ground:

- Front - 37 inches in the morning; 41 inches in the evening
- Rear - 39 inches in the morning; 42 inches in the evening

The 33” tires look tiny now!

I’ll take photos today in the daylight.

PS - Mopar has a special going on right now: lift + installation for $2046 + taxes. My Service Advisor confirmed that it is an FCA deal; that’s what I paid. So if you wanted to get the Mopar lift, Santa has it on his list.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Bypassed my AUX battery (after having it replaced under warranty on Friday). Now I have emergency backup power. I don’t use ESS, and don’t want that craptastic motorcycle battery draining my main battery ever again.

3.6, no eTorque. All credit to Jerry.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 750D0AF0-BA6E-4FCE-9884-423655D26DDA
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4244EEE1-5221-40E8-BF2A-E51ADF7A577E

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Had the Mopar 2” lift installed yesterday. LOVE it! The Jeep feels quieter, the suspension more compliant and isolated.

I measured from the center of the fender to the ground:

- Front - 37 inches in the morning; 41 inches in the evening
- Rear - 39 inches in the morning; 42 inches in the evening

The 33” tires look tiny now!

I’ll take photos today in the daylight.

PS - Mopar has a special going on right now: lift + installation for $2046 + taxes. My Service Advisor confirmed that it is an FCA deal; that’s what I paid. So if you wanted to get the Mopar lift, Santa has it on his list.
Congrats brother! ..... that’s a lot of lift, it will settle a little over time, but you’ll definitely benefit from a adj front track bar, rear track bar relo bracket and some adj front lcas. Drive it about 500 miles and re- measure . As good as it drives now, it will drive a lot better when you straighten it up and stretch it out. I’m guessing with that much lift your front axle is shifted around an inch. If your curious you can measure from the top coil housing out to outside lug on tire on both sides like this
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E88A5F69-107D-4CEE-A84B-47991DFDF61F
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? AE5544BE-C536-4C3E-A965-281BBFB89E00

Would love to see some pics, especially one from the front where I can see both wheels.
Anyway, glad you like it, happy for you, bet it looks sweet........:rock:

Bran

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Sarge Green
I read your part here . What is the problem with the oil change ? I will have mine next week , I'm reaching 6000 mi then. Does the dealer put to much in it ? I missed reading about it .... I guess...
Yes, apparently it's pretty common. Search it on here, several threads on it. The 3.6 took 6 quarts up through 2017/18 then went to a 5 qt. capacity. Dealers are still putting 6 in.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats brother! ..... that’s a lot of lift, it will settle a little over time, but you’ll definitely benefit from a adj front track bar, rear track bar relo bracket and some adj front lcas. Drive it about 500 miles and re- measure . As good as it drives now, it will drive a lot better when you straighten it up and stretch it out. I’m guessing with that much lift your front axle is shifted around an inch. If your curious you can measure from the top coil housing out to outside lug on tire on both sides like this
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? AE5544BE-C536-4C3E-A965-281BBFB89E00

Would love to see some pics, especially one from the front where I can see both wheels.
Anyway, glad you like it, happy for you, bet it looks sweet........:rock:
Thanks!

Yes, I took it on the freeway last night. The suspension absorbs bumps amazingly.

The steering feels a little twitchy, but I guess I have to get used to the higher center of gravity. Three inches is a LOT.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!

Yes, I took it on the freeway last night. The suspension absorbs bumps amazingly.

The steering feels a little twitchy, but I guess I have to get used to the higher center of gravity. Three inches is a LOT.
Yep... that twitchy will improve dramatically once you add those parts I mentioned.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I ordered a tire carrier, and another matching wheel and tire so that I can again start carrying a spare with me. I also installed the RR Snorkel the other day. Now that is a really good product.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi. Do you have any issues with USB2 and CarPlay ?
To be honest haven’t tried it. My understanding is USB2 is charge only not available for use with CarPlay.