What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

N875ED

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
No pictures, but I installed a hitch receiver and harness from Rugged Ridge. What was cool is that by running the power wire from the battery to the rear harness down the right side (instead of left as suggested in the instructions), I was able to feed it all the way aft inside the right frame rail and inside the rear crossmember avoiding all sorts of issues with the wire contacting nefarious objects and radiant heat from a hot exhaust pipe. Takes some finesse and a nylon fishtape, but the results were worth the 2 hours it took. ;)

Superl570

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 high altitude diesel, Gallardo SL, Model X performance, Range Rover td6
Had SunTek Ceramic window tint installed on both doors and rear windows. Looks much better with the front windows tinted and really cuts the heat on sunny days
94565779-5209-41BF-8A24-CE1C3F19D786.jpeg
684D9B3A-9D41-4D07-A511-5E68362B9D69.jpeg
Tint looks great. I picked up my Jlu high altitude diesel yesterday and bringing it in for tint tomorrow. I usually do 20% on front to match rears on suvs, back feels super light, does anyone know what it comes with from the factory? I have the one touch roof

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@PA-Punkn; I love that show! I’ve been re-watching it on Hulu...still funny after all these years!

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Installed quake sequential signals / DRLs up front.

Last edited:

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I removed the rear view mirror and wired in a USB port in its place to power a dash cam. The rear view mirror was worthless with the tire and Roto-Paxs blocking the rear window. Good thing I have a Tazer that turns on the back up camera when I turn the blinker on.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 672390AF-8955-42D8-A3DF-4A1C92CBC63D

I have also installed a JCR Overhead Molle panel and installed a Midland 40 watt GMRS radio. I have seen videos were they are getting 25+ miles of clear communication between Jeeps.

JCR Overhead Molle

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 672390AF-8955-42D8-A3DF-4A1C92CBC63D

Midland MXT 400 GMRS radio

I also bought an external speaker and still need to run the antenna cable and mount the antenna. Kind of waiting on shipping from 4WD Parts........ for the antenna mount that I want....
How hard was it to get wire to the mirror location, How do you like the gmrs? I have some wouxun kg-805g hand helds but I like your set up.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Not necessarily done yet...but a lot on the To-Do list! Santa stopped by early because my parts were taking up all the room in his sleigh! :rock: Can’t wait to get started on the rig! If you don’t know, @Metalcloak sponsors a podcast called The ModernJeeper Show. Listen in and you could win some parts like I did here. This is a great company and their customer service is top notch! I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Will you adopt me?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
How hard was it to get wire to the mirror location, How do you like the gmrs? I have some wouxun kg-805g hand helds but I like your set up.
There is already a power source at the mirror. I just tapped into that. It was easy. The wire from the radio is easy also as there is enough room between the roll bar and the windshield to tuck the wire into place and out of sight.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
@PA-Punkn; I love that show! I’ve been re-watching it on Hulu...still funny after all these years!
That's awesome! It's always been an all time favorite of mine, glad there are other fans out there :like:

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Cuyose; I would, but you have to bring your own Jeep and parts...one Jeep addiction is expensive enough! 🤣

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Cuyose; Man I wish!!! I’ve been trying to talk the wife into selling the house and buying some land with a shop like that...

Reactions: GtX