wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I don't have clutch with the automatic transmission but there is similar hole under the braking cylinder thing on the firewall. I have used that before. And after every trip where I would cross medium size paddles, carpet would get wet in the feet area. How are you dealing with this?
I drilled a hole though the plug and seal it with silicone.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Today - I busted off a nut welded to the frame for one of the sway bar bolts...

Spinning... It just spins... Vice grips not working. Looks like cutting that bolt and buying some 10.9 bolt/washers to replace it...

The circular nut is what broke off

IMG_9821.jpeg

The bolt now just spins halfway undone from the frame

IMG_9823.jpeg

Vice grips just strip the nut... Very limited room in there for clamping

IMG_9831.jpeg

WD-40 on it now - will try again tomorrow morning one last time before cutting...
PB blaster or kroil!.

C_Rat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport
Honestly, that’s a tough one to answer as “snow” can have so many variables. “Slushy” snow or very “wet” snow is brutal for almost every tire. Very dry “granular” snow(the kind you get when you break through the top crust layer) has no traction either! Snow like we had yesterday when it’s cold -28*C, most everything will bite.

Now that my lesson is over, I’ve had them on some sheer ice in town and they performed like I thought-crappy! In the snow yesterday, I was happy with them. They are quiet and seem to steer well.

I have DURATRAC’s on my F350 at work and if i could have got those I would have but no supply until spring if 2021. They are loud but perform very well.

Have a second set of WILDPEAK’s on a Silverado 1500. Decent tire for not much money compared to the Nitto. My brother had K02’s and while they performed ok in the snow, wear Life was not there.

Having said all of that, I will post in a month or so and let you know my thoughts. The tire fills the wheel well and I will consider a small lift but need to figure out my spare tire mount. Need to lift it up about an inch. Everything that I looked at, other than the Smittybuilt, lifts the tire up way too much for me. Cheers.
Thank you very much for your detailed response. A lot of good info there. I really want the Ridge Grapplers but I will definitely take all the tires mentioned into consideration. I will likely hit snow more than any tough trails so this is good stuff. Thanks again!!

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not necessarily done yet...but a lot on the To-Do list! Santa stopped by early because my parts were taking up all the room in his sleigh! :rock: Can’t wait to get started on the rig! If you don’t know, @Metalcloak sponsors a podcast called The ModernJeeper Show. Listen in and you could win some parts like I did here. This is a great company and their customer service is top notch! I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1104857B-4C08-4759-A8EF-D45D69880185

Last edited:

vdellanno

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It will go out on the hood with this mount. I will push it through the fire wall at the plug of the clutch location. I have already pushed the wiring for my ARB fridge through that spot.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1104857B-4C08-4759-A8EF-D45D69880185

think twice about using this if you've got Bright White; spacer leaves a yellow ring you can't buff out (and included bolt rusts)

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Cleaned up my RCV axle boots. Simple Green and a couple wipes with an old toothbrush, took like 2 minutes. Man... this Simple Green is no joke, works great!

Sure does. I worked in a chemical plant where most of our raw materials and products were oil-based, so we were always fighting to keep things clean from leaks and spills. We bought Simple Green by the 55 gallon drum!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Not necessarily done yet...but a lot on the To-Do list! Santa stopped by early because my parts were taking up all the room in his sleigh! :rock: Can’t wait to get started on the rig! If you don’t know, @Metalcloak sponsors a podcast called The ModernJeeper Show. Listen in and you could win some parts like I did here. This is a great company and their customer service is top notch! I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Congrats!

Love my MetalCloak bits. Great company.

Hans

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys 2.0 4D
Several JL owners have mentioned here how they discovered 6 quarts of oil in the engine after an oil change at a Jeep dealer, despite the specification very clearly being 5 quarts.

Said owners know to check the oil level precisely because of prior forum commentary on the subject. It's been mentioned just frequently enough to put me off the idea of taking my own Wrangler to a dealer unless I've no other choice.

I'll be changing my own fluids for peace of mind, despite having the full Jeep Wave program benefit available to me. Too much oil in the crankcase can be harmful in its own way, as can having an insufficient oil level, of course.
Thx for this info !! I 'll double check it next week . And tell it specifically to the guy when I drop off the car.
After the four 'free' oil changes , I'll do it myself too . Can't be that difficult .... :)

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 72963-mother-of-god-super-troopers-m-wxua

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Finished installing my Teraflex Alpha HD Adjustable Spare Tire Mount and could not be happier! Since it sits about 3/8" higher than stock and allows my aftermarket wheel/tire combo to sit about 1.25" closer to the tailgate, I have no more false back-up sensor warnings. Also, as the Teraflex camera housing is just a little longer than OEM, I see more of what is behind me and less of the spare tire...Great product!
Install took a little longer than normal as I mocked-up a mounting bracket to see how things would look if I used the OEM CHMSL assembly but in the end I liked the Teraflex CHMSL mount better.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2131

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0796.JPG
So, you're a fan of Warn products, huh...

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0796.JPG
So, when you assemble the Jeep that is in boxes around your tree, what are you going to do with the one you brought home from the dealership?

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
So, when you assemble the Jeep that is in boxes around your tree, what are you going to do with the one you brought home from the dealership?
I think I know who sent @TA1ton the Jeep in boxes!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? reerer.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? werwewr.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? MASH-Season-1-Episode-12-3-21ba

M*A*S*H - Radar shipped a Jeep piece by piece from Korea to his home in Iowa