First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
On Friday I picked up some ROAM rock sliders from @Krondor in Colorado and drove back the same night to Utah. Put them on Saturday. They look good and stop the slush from being thrown up onto the sides. Very happy with them!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? oh-my-gah-soooo-good
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? oh-my-gah-soooo-good
Looking good!

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Now catching up on some recent installs...
I installed KC Cyclops rock lights. I’m using the Jeep Homelink controller with a RF relay here too.

The rears are also tied into the curtesy lights and turn on when the door opens. (I’ve been unimpressed with the LEDs on the Roam rock rails.) I installed a diode between front and rear to separate the two.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 59B3436D-72AE-4201-8B4E-6E9457044882

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4E08EC84-3384-4042-8216-B9C77B0E7C6C

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

But wait, there’s more...

I also installed a KC rear light bar. I tied the red lights to the CHMSL wiring for braking so it replaces the center mount light above the spare tire resulting in better visibility out the rear window. It also has a flashing amber set of lights which are great on dusty trails, as well as solid amber and white.

I’m currently using a Bluetooth relay controller. It was easy to wire, without switches and all, but I’m not sure I’m sold on the concept.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 61C16847-B3DA-4B23-BA60-5520771877D2

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0404B599-9FE2-43F3-8854-E1E069FDACB0

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Today - I busted off a nut welded to the frame for one of the sway bar bolts...

Spinning... It just spins... Vice grips not working. Looks like cutting that bolt and buying some 10.9 bolt/washers to replace it...

The circular nut is what broke off

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_9821

The bolt now just spins halfway undone from the frame

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_9823

Vice grips just strip the nut... Very limited room in there for clamping

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_9831

WD-40 on it now - will try again tomorrow morning one last time before cutting...

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious as to whether you have the led (I'm assuming so since you also have led headlights) or halogen fog lights? I'm ready to pull the trigger on the lamin-x film for my led fogs, but wanted to make sure there is no size difference between the led & halogen lenses
I do have the LED fogs, film fit just fine :like:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
You think they actually read that?
Yup, I would say a pretty big leap of faith thinking that they can actually read. Hell, I can barely read. Most oil change professionals are males. We all know that we don't follow instructions to the point that most aftermarket companies don't include written instructions with their products. They are more like go here and watch this video idiot.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Yup, I would say a pretty big leap of faith thinking that they can actually read. Hell, I can barely read. Most oil change professionals are males. We all know that we don't follow instructions to the point that most aftermarket companies don't include written instructions with their products. They are more like go here and watch this video idiot.
The ones smart enough to read probably get insulted that you told them what to do, so they put 6 quarts in just as a FU buddy.....

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Installed the Rough Country inner fenders front and rear. I’m not 100% happy with the rears. First off, RC included an incorrect panel so I had to call to get the correct panel. They charged me $35 because I wasn’t the original buyer of the product. SMH. Anyway, I receive the replacement panel a week later and they sent the wrong part. Another phone call and another week later I had the right part. I was planning to get their belly skids but after this experience I’m pretty I’m going to pass. Now, the main reason I’m not too happy with the rear inners: they look Unfinished with the stock Rubicon fenders...almost makes me want to go to a Aftermarket flat fender But my goal has always been to keep it looking “stock”.

moving on to the fronts, I decided if I didn’t like the finished look that I’d look for fenders for it. With a few tweaks, they actually did come out really nice so I’m willing to deal with the inners looking a little awkward. The biggest pain in the ass was the installment of the logo panel on the fronts. Really dumb design. I did watch a video of someone installing them differently that seemed easier but I had already done it per the instructions. For anyone else interested in the future, on the front install, you DO NOT have to remove the fender flares To make the cuts needed. It’s a waste of time. I left my passenger side on and cut out the plastic with some sharp pliers. All in all, happy with the product that I paid $120 for....plus the ridiculous RC $35 panel.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 85AC4996-5746-4E4E-90AB-F94812BBC39B
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6B4F3540-1E56-4066-BE71-1A6FF541AFE2
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 52E46A14-5E9C-4696-9D03-7295B879E216

C_Rat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport
No rubbing at all and they line up perfectly with the fender. No lift yet but I was planning on 2.5”. I will run it as is for a couple months and then decide but I am even thinking a 1.5” spacer lift might be in the works!
Nice. Thank you! May have just sealed the deal on the 285/75/17. How did the Ridge Grapplers handle in the snow? Curious as some reviews say poor handling in snow.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I like the clean aesthetic of the STC decal, with just the Trail Rated badge for company. :like:

We all know that we don't follow instructions to the point that most aftermarket companies don't include written instructions with their products.

They are more like, go here and watch this, video idiot.
I sincerely hope that's not the reason for the occasional absence of instructions, and/or the sometimes crap documents that the vendors do offhandedly toss in the box. 🤔

Installed the Rough Country inner fenders front and rear.

6B4F3540-1E56-4066-BE71-1A6FF541AFE2.jpeg
What's the purpose of inner fender liners? Aesthetics? Genuinely curious.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
What's the purpose of inner fender liners? Aesthetics? Genuinely curious.
For a mall crawler, it’s for aesthetics. For myself, I was having rubbing issues at full compression on the rear and mild rubbing on the front. I didn’t want to go to a bigger lift or adjust the bumpstops to where I would limit travel. I’m hoping the combination of these inners, which did gain more clearance around the fender well, and my 1.75 spacers will cure the rubbing issues.

blkvirus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler JLUR
Just finished installing American adventure Lab chopped drl lights and factor 55 rope guard.

IMG_20201212_122213.jpg
Nice! How long did it take for you to receive the fender LED chop? I'm wondering how long mine will take to get shipped out...

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I removed the rear view mirror and wired in a USB port in its place to power a dash cam. The rear view mirror was worthless with the tire and Roto-Paxs blocking the rear window. Good thing I have a Tazer that turns on the back up camera when I turn the blinker on.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1607978748700

I have also installed a JCR Overhead Molle panel and installed a Midland 40 watt GMRS radio. I have seen videos were they are getting 25+ miles of clear communication between Jeeps.

JCR Overhead Molle

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1607978924740

Midland MXT 400 GMRS radio

I also bought an external speaker and still need to run the antenna cable and mount the antenna. Kind of waiting on shipping from 4WD Parts........ for the antenna mount that I want....