What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
These look nice but how do you flip the hood back all the way when crawling in there wrenching?
There is a small release lever on them. They disconnect very easy at the bottom. Then the hood will go all the way back. Best of both worlds.

Last edited:

JaxPilot

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito! Sahara 2.0L Turbo
Finished the Warn Winch install, without relocating the control pack.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Winch Installed

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
The single best upgrade you can do for under $100 is buy a pair of Kenwood KFC-X3C for your dash. It takes under 30 mins to install and gets you huge benefits in the sound stage. You can substitute the Kenwood with Kickers, etc, etc, of your liking - lots of other good choices - but avoid the higher end speakers as most of them expect 50W or more of power that the factory system doesn't have. So you have wonderfully awesome speakers but just not enough power to show it.
Are these a simple “plug and play” option? I’m asking because I have the 7” screen “stock” radio right now and I’m super disappointed in it. But I have exactly zero experience with aftermarket sound. Would it be something easy for a noob like me to install?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Are these a simple “plug and play” option? I’m asking because I have the 7” screen “stock” radio right now and I’m super disappointed in it. But I have exactly zero experience with aftermarket sound. Would it be something easy for a noob like me to install?
Yes, very easy, and lots of people here you walk you through it if need be. One of the joys of owning a Jeep is to learn to become self sufficient on some of these items as lots of community support....

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
Yes, very easy, and lots of people here you walk you through it if need be. One of the joys of owning a Jeep is to learn to become self sufficient on some of these items as lots of community support....
Awesome - will likely pick these up as a Christmas gift to myself and see how it goes. Only $69.99 seems like a no brainer.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Awesome - will likely pick these up as a Christmas gift to myself and see how it goes. Only $69.99 seems like a no brainer.
Check the Inifiti 3032 version as I think they went on deep Cyber week sale and might be the better deal. They work fine as well.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Check the Inifiti 3032 version as I think they went on deep Cyber week sale and might be the better deal. They work fine as well.
Hey John, Do you know if these plug and play no capacitors needed? Amazon has these at $57.

Infinity Reference REF-3032CFX 3-1/2" 2-way Car Speakers - Pair

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Let there be light!

Baja Designs LP6 lights. My first attempt at wiring and installing auxillary lights. Wired the low and high beam functions to the OEM aux switches. Going into it, I felt like Clark Griswold at Christmas troubleshooting my way through this project! Coming out of it, it was much easier than I anticipated.

Tomorrow, it's time to figure out how to wire their backlit daytime running lights function.

Anybody have thoughts on tapping into a fuse in the fuse box vs tapping into the actual DRL wire?

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? inCollage_20201210_174941763~2