Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not to my Jeep but for it, I got it some emergency power. Due to recent events of one of our Jeep friends I thought this was a good idea.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 17620535-7C6F-428D-862B-5A1A39A8B529
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FDC67272-4E42-41B7-B2C0-814B1343ABC2

Since we still have the original batteries in our 2018 Rubi, and there’s been reports from some of no warnings, the battery just stopped working, I feel better having this with us........:)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Not to my Jeep but for it, I got it some emergency power. Due to recent events of one of our Jeep friends I thought this was a good idea.

17620535-7C6F-428D-862B-5A1A39A8B529.jpeg
+1

+2, actually. :LOL: I have an Antigravity XP-1 Microstart lithium jump pack, and Mrs. Heimkehr has a HALO Bolt charger & jump starter that she purchased on the QVC.

The XP-1 was intended for motorcycle use, but has migrated to one of the JLU's loadout bags. It's easily capable of providing jump start power for small and medium gas engines. I proved this to my neighbor, who had ignored my advice to replace the weakening battery in his wife's Mazda until it was too late.

The HALO Bolt is a bit larger and fancier, with a 120V receptacle and wireless charging capability. It spun the starter on my zero turn mower really fast when the battery crapped out unexpectedly.

Money well spent, both times.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I installed two pairs of headrest bag hooks.

20201208_170940.jpg

A different brand/set of bag hooks were used in the JLU's predecessor, a Honda Ridgeline. Of all the things that I could miss, or have missed about that vehicle, the absence of those hooks in my new Jeep ranked near the top. Odd how something so inconsequential can have an outsized impact. The hooks were very practical, and I used them almost every day. Glad to have 'em back.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
DIY "No-par" satin black grill mod - gently sanded a cheap blue takeoff grill, cleaned with rubbing alcohol, spray painted with satin black, spray coated with satin clear coat. Now it's drying. Will reinstall in 48 hours when it's dried and hardened. Whole project including takeoff grill and paint ran me $85.

Two pics show gloss black OEM grill (which I was running) vs DIY No-par painted satin grill.

And it's not a mod unless there's some blood spilled. Those grill guards snap out surprisingly and violently. I'm 2-for-2 getting caught and bleeding. I suggest gloves for this part.

Lastly, I swapped my JT Gladiator grill guards over to the newly painted grill. They do make a visible difference temp-wide. Running the JL version, I was pretty much dead center on-the-line in the middle. Running the JT version, I am almost down to the next lower line. Practically, does that matter? Who knows. But there's a visible difference on the gauge for sure!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20201208_221725781
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? inCollage_20201208_185259948~2
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20201206_204609874

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I finally got off my butt and installed a switch pack and remote start kit. Easy job. Everything is plug and play in this JL.

Total of two hours to install both including programming the start unit. It gets the flash from a website called datalink not starterx or whatever the instructions said.

Still have to put stickers on the buttons and reprogram the radio. Oh yea, mount and wire the light bar. Right now the switches don't power anything. The remote start works great though! If you need a remote, this one on Amazon would be 30 minutes and you will have remote start. Very easy.

(Stock pictures, not me)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 71Q4alzdeHL._AC_SX679_

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 710TICHRy4L._AC_SX679_

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
I finally got off my butt and installed a switch pack and remote start kit. Easy job. Everything is plug and play in this JL.

Total of two hours to install both including programming the start unit. It gets the flash from a website called datalink not starterx or whatever the instructions said.

Still have to put stickers on the buttons and reprogram the radio. Oh yea, mount and wire the light bar. Right now the switches don't power anything. The remote start works great though! If you need a remote, this one on Amazon would be 30 minutes and you will have remote start. Very easy.

(Stock pictures, not me)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E855853C-F733-489E-809A-DAC326AE3602

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E855853C-F733-489E-809A-DAC326AE3602
Is that the Voswitch switch kit? Looks like it, but not referenced, so just curious. Nice work.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Had it detailed for buyer picking it up Thursday....pinstripes buffed out. It's been a fun and frustrating 2.5 years...glad I could get everything fixed and it's going to a buyer who will properly use it. :beer:
What are you going to?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
What are you going to?
The plan is to not buy another play vehicle right now. A little over a year ago, I bought a used honda accord when work mileage increased and will keep driving it. The jeep has been a wknd play vehicle on 37s and I'll enjoy not having to fix stuff and fool with FCA dealers for a bit. I may look at a 2013 jku if I can find a deal. I'm most interested in the Bronco with 2.7 turbo motor + sasquatch package and want to drive one when they arrive in the summer.

Last edited:

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude

17620535-7C6F-428D-862B-5A1A39A8B529.jpeg
FDC67272-4E42-41B7-B2C0-814B1343ABC2.jpeg

Since we still have the original batteries in our 2018 Rubi, and there’s been reports from some of no warnings, the battery just stopped working, I feel better having this with us........:)
These are fantastic... Saved me calling road assistance for my car a few times - worth the money. Then I bought the Jeep and... The battery was stolen the next night out of my car beofre I could put it in my Jeep... Going buy a new one though - the places I go - could literally be a life saver :CWL:

JaxPilot

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito! Sahara 2.0L Turbo
Got the Warn EVO-10S mounted into the bumper. Deciding on where to mount the control pack at the moment, so it's not wired up. I really like the way the hammerhead ravager bumper hides the entire winch (without control pack) except for the clutch handle barely peeking up. :)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? winch clutch
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Winch to