What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
my Canadian 2020 JLUR w/KO2's has white lettering on one side of the tires. In fact I thought ALL K02's had white lettering on one side of the tires. Did you crawl underneath to check the other side/inside edge of your tires? you probably just need to get them remounted/balanced if you prefer the white lettering showing.
They are made with and without white lettering. With mine they couldn't get with white lettering in my size at the time so I said that's fine and have black walls instead.

What I did to my jeep today, installed and tuned the firestik I bought a while ago knowing my cheap whip that used to live on a tractor trailer would break. It did. SWR is actually crazy good for what the mount actually is. The ground wires I added from mount to tailgate and tailgate to tub helped enormously in signal quality and SWR. Also I added a spring, kinda thinking I should've gotten a 3 footer though :giggle:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? received_392280518885140

On second look, I'm starting to think my 285/75/17s are staring to look a little small after the Daystar spacers 🤔

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
After six hours under the hood of my 2019 2DR Sport in below freezing weather (30F) I installed my Genesis Off Road, Dual Battery set along with the two FullRiver batteries bought from Genesis. Since I had previously removed and reinstalled most of the hardware for my installation of the Mopar Auxiliary Switch kit, the install went pretty smoothly. Genesis does not have a written guide for a JL install, so I did the job with my laptop running beside me on the bench. Their YouTube video for the install was quite good except for a little focusing problems from time to time. Nice to know that I will no longer worry about that little auxiliary lawnmower battery sized failing as so many people have had happen.
it really is an easy install.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Nothing..... waiting on stuff to arrive. Sure there is stuff to do, but hey it is cold as fuck. I have a overhead Molle bar coming in and a dash cam, a Midland radio to install, I have tires to dismount from wheels that I plan to sell, need to replace the back up camera cable that I crushed last week, reinstall the fridge slide.

I did remove the rear view mirror as I can't see out the rear window with the big tire and roto-paxs mounted back there. I am tall, so getting rid of the rear view mirror will open up my sight line.

Also for a simple hack for the rear view mirror. Flip it upside down to raise it up some.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing..... waiting on stuff to arrive. Sure there is stuff to do, but hey it is cold as fuck. I have a overhead Molle bar coming in and a dash cam, a Midland radio to install, I have tires to dismount from wheels that I plan to sell, need to replace the back up camera cable that I crushed last week, reinstall the fridge slide.

I did remove the rear view mirror as I can't see out the rear window with the big tire and roto-paxs mounted back there. I am tall, so getting rid of the rear view mirror will open up my sight line.

Also for a simple hack for the rear view mirror. Flip it upside down to raise it up some.
Hopefully this will be your last year to say “ it’s cold as fuck” ..........😎

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Hopefully this will be your last year to say “ it’s cold as fuck” ..........😎
It is my last year of cold as fuck. May have to fly to Vegas in February for break and rent a Jeep again and run around the South West for a week or two. I am already tired of hearing my furnace kick on.

Rlhdude

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Limited Willys
So... got an email today from Bestop that my order was cancelled due to product availability. HUH? No back order? I guess they didn't want me to have that $100 rebate. :mad:

So TODAY I will look at other options for my Jeep ... maybe a full soft top 🤷‍♀️
If your interested, I have a brand new Sunrider Twill top. Still in the box, never opened. Decided not to use given the snow in the North East. Private msg if your interested.

rick

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
installed the wire loom extension up in the dash that will allow me to "unmarry" the Tazer and return everything to stock before taking it in for service Monday

306overland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ, 2020 JLU Sahara Altitude(sold), 2023 JLUR
installed the wire loom extension up in the dash that will allow me to "unmarry" the Tazer and return everything to stock before taking it in for service Monday
That’s interesting. Beats having to do the cirque de sole act to disconnect it.

ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Took it to the dealer today for one of my free oil changes. They even gave me an extra 1.06 quarts. (6 Litres instead of the 5 Litres I specifically asked for) Of course I felt too guilty about receiving all that free oil so I had them drain some out before I left.