Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
There lies a huge problem. When i drove to my buddies house to put the springs on she told me not to come home if my jeep was taller than hers. It's now 1/2" taller than hers. But i've been lying to her and not parking close to her Jeep. I'll see how long it takes for her to figure it out and then I'll deal with the consequences. lol
My wife tried the "don't come home if..." thing on me a few years ago. Next day she was freaking the f'k out trying to figure out where I was at, problem solved.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
My wife tried the "don't come home if..." thing on me a few years ago. Next day she was freaking the f'k out trying to figure out where I was at, problem solved.
My wife would beat the crap out of me! She's mean like that

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
And how is the ride? Much improved?
Very much improved, now it wanders straight and firm. There are times I can go straight with my hands off the wheel for awhile, previously it would pull to one side within a couple seconds. Before I would get pretty good shimmy's going on a bump in the road. There also were times I would let go of the steering wheel and it would steer right then back to the left, I do not get that anymore. With the new ball joints I did feel like I had to relearn how to drive the Jeep a bit, it seemed quiet sensitive. At least I'm not bracing myself for impact after each bump now.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Hmmm. I see a pic of your convertible top you have posted a ton and 3 10 second audio files that explains nothing. Stupid....... yeah I guess but at least I can post a video and/or tell people what I have done to my Jeep today.
Wait a minute, that means this entire time it’s been shown as audio files because on my screen they’re all videos! :mad:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? CDABFAC0-47A5-41AA-8E41-26E30F00A1CD

can’t be everyone because people have commented on the content in the videos which means they were able to view it

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Did a few things to "The General" this week.

BEFORE:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? CDABFAC0-47A5-41AA-8E41-26E30F00A1CD

This is the baseline pic. As it sits here it had the Rock Krawler X-Limits, X-Factor, X-Rated, X-Ray, X-Limits whatever the hell they call it, 3.5" suspension. I really liked most of the kit especially the control arms but i didn't get the full 3.5" out of it. I suspect it's because my jeep is heavy because my wife weighs abut 350 dressed out, and the springs are a little soft. It drove well, but a little squishy for me. It also did not sit level, but that's probably because of my morbidly obese wife.

This pic is right after we installed the ARB rear locker and axles in the rear. Why i had to do that is not important to the story. But I've been pretty impressed with it and the 35 spline axles I got from Dutchman Axles. Good stuff.

Also relevant, in this pic I've got 37" Patys (well worn) on true bead locks from DV8 that I've had for about a year. These turned out to be a mistake for a few reasons. The beads are great when you're on the trail but replacing tires was a huge PITA. There was only one shop around me that would mount tires on beads and they charge $350. I get tires about once a year so that adds up. Secondly, shortly after this pic i got a new set of Patys (3rd total set I've purchased). These would not balance. The other 2 sets barely balanced, but these would not. I took them to a couple different places but no joy. I also tried balancing beads but that helped only marginally. The guarantee at Discount Tire allowed me to return the tires but they would not remove the old ones or mount the new ones. So it was going to cost me another $350. Damnit. I finally got them to agree to let me pull the bead locks in their shop with my impact and then they could dismount the defective tires. At the end of the day the juice just isn't worth the squeeze for the kind of wheeling and the amount of driving i do.

AFTER:

In the After pics i have replaced the Rock Krawler springs with Superlift springs. These are still dual rate 3.5" lift springs but they were about 2 inches longer than the RK springs. They are also a little stiffer, which i enjoy (that's what she said). And i got another two inches of height out of these. My jeep is now completely level and taller than all my friends jeeps, so I'm a happy camper.

Most noticeably I have different wheels and tires. I bought some Icon bronze rims from Northrigde on black friday. They were $183 (or buy 4 get the 5th free)each, so without having to pay $350 to mount the beads i got them about 1/2 off total. I was nervous about the bronze but i dig it now that they're on.

I also decided to go back to Nitto Trail Grapplers, the Patys just left a bad taste in my mouth. I've run NTGs for years and they are loud and heavy but they flat out perform in mud and look cooler. (PSA- These tires have negatively effected my fuel mileage but about 1.5 MPG. So if you're shopping tires, the struggle is real with these heavy bastards)

These tires are really heavy, much heavier than Patys. (I think its the big ass lugs.) So much so, that the 4.88 gearing seems inadequate now. I didn't think different brand tires that are the same size could make that big of a difference. That's just a heads up for people that are working on these projects on their own Jeeps.

Jeeps make you poor.
Did a few things to "The General" this week.

BEFORE:

This is the baseline pic. As it sits here it had the Rock Krawler X-Limits, X-Factor, X-Rated, X-Ray, X-Limits whatever the hell they call it, 3.5" suspension. I really liked most of the kit especially the control arms but i didn't get the full 3.5" out of it. I suspect it's because my jeep is heavy because my wife weighs abut 350 dressed out, and the springs are a little soft. It drove well, but a little squishy for me. It also did not sit level, but that's probably because of my morbidly obese wife.

This pic is right after we installed the ARB rear locker and axles in the rear. Why i had to do that is not important to the story. But I've been pretty impressed with it and the 35 spline axles I got from Dutchman Axles. Good stuff.

Also relevant, in this pic I've got 37" Patys (well worn) on true bead locks from DV8 that I've had for about a year. These turned out to be a mistake for a few reasons. The beads are great when you're on the trail but replacing tires was a huge PITA. There was only one shop around me that would mount tires on beads and they charge $350. I get tires about once a year so that adds up. Secondly, shortly after this pic i got a new set of Patys (3rd total set I've purchased). These would not balance. The other 2 sets barely balanced, but these would not. I took them to a couple different places but no joy. I also tried balancing beads but that helped only marginally. The guarantee at Discount Tire allowed me to return the tires but they would not remove the old ones or mount the new ones. So it was going to cost me another $350. Damnit. I finally got them to agree to let me pull the bead locks in their shop with my impact and then they could dismount the defective tires. At the end of the day the juice just isn't worth the squeeze for the kind of wheeling and the amount of driving i do.

AFTER:

In the After pics i have replaced the Rock Krawler springs with Superlift springs. These are still dual rate 3.5" lift springs but they were about 2 inches longer than the RK springs. They are also a little stiffer, which i enjoy (that's what she said). And i got another two inches of height out of these. My jeep is now completely level and taller than all my friends jeeps, so I'm a happy camper.

Most noticeably I have different wheels and tires. I bought some Icon bronze rims from Northrigde on black friday. They were $183 (or buy 4 get the 5th free)each, so without having to pay $350 to mount the beads i got them about 1/2 off total. I was nervous about the bronze but i dig it now that they're on.

I also decided to go back to Nitto Trail Grapplers, the Patys just left a bad taste in my mouth. I've run NTGs for years and they are loud and heavy but they flat out perform in mud and look cooler. (PSA- These tires have negatively effected my fuel mileage but about 1.5 MPG. So if you're shopping tires, the struggle is real with these heavy bastards)

These tires are really heavy, much heavier than Patys. (I think its the big ass lugs.) So much so, that the 4.88 gearing seems inadequate now. I didn't think different brand tires that are the same size could make that big of a difference. That's just a heads up for people that are working on these projects on their own Jeeps.

Jeeps make you poor.
Lift 'em high! Fat chicks can't jump!

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
There lies a huge problem. When i drove to my buddies house to put the springs on she told me not to come home if my jeep was taller than hers. It's now 1/2" taller than hers. But i've been lying to her and not parking close to her Jeep. I'll see how long it takes for her to figure it out and then I'll deal with the consequences. lol
If you are worried about half an inch, just keep lying and tell everyone you have an 8 inch "lift"...

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Well today, my Ram mount came in with all the ram mounts.

Here is a few pics, I love the mount over the 67 design because I can move devices from my jeep to my quad in seconds.

If you get this mount get some velcro felt and put it under the mount to keep the metal plate from trashing the dash pad.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0455F167-77B0-4B18-BE69-1A6FCB68BE31
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7888963D-E94E-4FF5-9971-02EC239DFE45

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Finally got my new steering gear replaced and my led passenger tail light (outer ring not lighting) replaced! Warranty work that was cancelled twice due to covid!!! All better now and I'm a happy camper! Dealership was pretty great!