Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
While checking for rust, inspecting some bolts & changing the oil/rotating tires, I noticed the giant Yeti adjuster tube bolt crunched into my stabilizer. It's rotated upwards to show the damage. It ain't as bad as it looks; it scraped the decal and started chipping into the tube. I wasn't quite expecting that.

So I figured it would be a good time to take the Pepsi challenge with the @Metalcloak Rocksport stabilizer & FAD skid plate I've had since May (c'mon... golf... you should know by now). Eventually I'll get to the lower front/rear shock relocation kits I've had since April.

The Rocksport feels nice & smooth and I like it up top/out of harm's way, but I'm not sure I like the U-bolt mountings. They're holding firm; it's more of an aesthetic thing & I'm concerned about rust (Fluid Filmmm-mmm-yummy). I ordered the Steer Smarts stabilizer relocation bracket, so maybe I'll get around to that by March. I'll hang on to the Fox for now to try it with the SS bracket.

fox_damage.jpeg

mc_rocksport.jpeg
They have a billet clamp that’s a huge upgrade over the built setup. That kept me from installing their relocation kit until they released the real clamp

Brett

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks ALL SHOW AND NO GO to me. You need to get out and use your Jeep......;)
:LOL:....... yeah, I’ve meaning to take my mall crawler out on a trail, but can’t seem to pull the trigger, with my luck I’d break something......:)

Altahami

First Name
Yunis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi
Nice, and as expected.., stock no lift? .., and what tires?
Thanks!
Stock. No lift. AEV Borah wheels.

KO2 315/70/17 C

I must say, highway driving takes more effort to control now. Took it on a two hour drive yesterday and noticed it.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Hard Rock 4x4 Sliders.

No issues getting the body bolts out. The passenger a-pillar didn't have any lock-tite on it. Driver a-pillar had red and b-pillar and c-pillar had blue.

20201129_152234.jpg

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
- Oil change
Cleaned up my RCV axle boots. Simple Green and a couple wipes with an old toothbrush, took like 2 minutes. Man... this Simple Green is no joke, works great!

B9CEF83F-E535-4FF5-8118-39B58240928A.jpeg
CC198835-6385-4928-B210-FAD4ED533D03.jpeg
B344A533-0DCB-422D-B59E-0C428165546A.jpeg
Just jack up the front, get a rag with some simple green, and tell the wife to
While checking for rust, inspecting some bolts & changing the oil/rotating tires, I noticed the giant Yeti adjuster tube bolt crunched into my stabilizer. It's rotated upwards to show the damage. It ain't as bad as it looks; it scraped the decal and started chipping into the tube. I wasn't quite expecting that.

So I figured it would be a good time to take the Pepsi challenge with the @Metalcloak Rocksport stabilizer & FAD skid plate I've had since May (c'mon... golf... you should know by now). Eventually I'll get to the lower front/rear shock relocation kits I've had since April.

The Rocksport feels nice & smooth and I like it up top/out of harm's way, but I'm not sure I like the U-bolt mountings. They're holding firm; it's more of an aesthetic thing & I'm concerned about rust (Fluid Filmmm-mmm-yummy). I ordered the Steer Smarts stabilizer relocation bracket, so maybe I'll get around to that by March. I'll hang on to the Fox for now to try it with the SS bracket.
Why would you replace the Fox through shaft stabilizer with a $70 shock?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
They have a billet clamp that’s a huge upgrade over the built setup. That kept me from installing their relocation kit until they released the real clamp

Brett
Yes, but it's new and wasn't available when I first ordered the stabilizer some months ago. It uses allen bolts, which I really hate. If the SS relocation bracket doesn't work for me, I'll may try the billet... and thank you!

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Yes, but it's new and wasn't available when I first ordered the stabilizer some months ago. It uses allen bolts, which I really hate. If the SS relocation bracket doesn't work for me, I'll may try the billet... and thank you!
I just noticed I was autocorrected to built from ubolt. The ubolt will work fine, it’s just as eloquent of a solution. If you get a wild hair and order more stuff over $100 from MC, that would be a great time to swap it out for the free shipping. The duroflex bump stops are a nice upgrade too!

brett

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you replace the Fox through shaft stabilizer with a $70 shock?
I wanted to move the stabilizer above the tie rod.... I didn't like it dangling like a target. I'm not ditching the Fox; if the SS bracket works for me I may go back to it. The Rocksport was about $160.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I just noticed I was autocorrected to built from ubolt. The ubolt will work fine, it’s just as eloquent of a solution. If you get a wild hair and order more stuff over $100 from MC, that would be a great time to swap it out for the free shipping. The duroflex bump stops are a nice upgrade too!

brett
If I go back to their site... I'm gonna end up with more than just a billet mount!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? what