What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Nice work Brian., I want to do this, can you send link to the part, and some details on how you wired it up. I’ll be using my aux 1 switch, as I have my lockers wired to aux 3 & 4. Thanks brother.
@Rangemaster

Also interested to hear about the parts used. Specifically the bracket. I have the warn kit but haven't had the chance to install.

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
After putting the floor in I did the front and rear diff fluids to flush out break in stuff. Synthetic 75w140 on the rear, 75w90 on the front. At 3900 miles the oil was as black/metallic tinged as anything that had been overdue on mainentence that I saw working in the dealer for 10 years. A nice bit of metal slime on the magnet too. The front was better. Will do it again at 10k then put it on a 10k interval.

These new axles really do produce a bunch of junk during break in. I remember doing 30/60/90k services on vehicles where the diff oil was slightly discolored but overall clean.

If your jeep is new, definitely worth cleaning that stuff out a few times as the axle wears in.

Last edited:

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Nice work Brian., I want to do this, can you send link to the part, and some details on how you wired it up. I’ll be using my aux 1 switch, as I have my lockers wired to aux 3 & 4. Thanks brother.
its very easy, this part fits right in that place. You will need to open up the slots a little on the relay but after that its pretty much straight up a hour or so to install. I bought a 30” #2 guage battery cable to extend to the battery terminal and hooked up one of the aux wires to the small terminal and the other terminal I made a small jumper to ground on the fender bolt right near the ground lug.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082HMDMLG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
its very easy, this part fits right in that place. You will need to open up the slots a little on the relay but after that its pretty much straight up a hour or so to install. I bought a 30” #2 guage battery cable to extend to the battery terminal and hooked up one of the aux wires to the small termina and the other terminal I made a small jumper to ground on the fender bolt right near the ground lug.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082HMDMLG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks brother.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
There's been some rubbage* on the cover, but nothing I can actually feel or hear. I hadn't noticed it until recently.

*I just made that word up.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? funny
Was just curious, because another member and myself had rubbing issues with the ss track bar and ARB cover. I've since gotten a Metalcloak front track bar, but was wondering about their cover. Thanks!

The ARB is getting hit from the same part of the bar, but harder because of the dipstick outcropping of the cover.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200812_113348