MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Get a start stop eliminator, works great, you can also disable it forever with a tazer.
Yeah I had/have the superchips with my JK and just continued to use it for my JL. I guess if I could sell it, I’d buy the Tazer but otherwise it’s hard to justify buying a Tazer when I have the superchips and it does most things. Had I known, I would have gone with the Tazer instead.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Yeah I had/have the superchips with my JK and just continued to use it for my JL. I guess if I could sell it, I’d buy the Tazer but otherwise it’s hard to justify buying a Tazer when I have the superchips and it does most things. Had I known, I would have gone with the Tazer instead.
Yea, I have a superchips flashcal, but I bought a start stop eliminator type device. We need to get on superchips to up their support game.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, I have a superchips flashcal, but I bought a start stop eliminator type device. We need to get on superchips to up their support game.
Just looked that up. $100 isn’t bad to be able to do that. I was also checking superchips site, it looks like they may have added that. Not positive though. May go out and try it. It does say you may get the error though. So maybe it’s not 100% complete yet. Not sure yet though.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Just looked that up. $100 isn’t bad to be able to do that. I was also checking superchips site, it looks like they may have added that. Not positive though. May go out and try it. It does say you may get the error though. So maybe it’s not 100% complete yet. Not sure yet though.
Let me know if it works please.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. I wish I could tell you. Sorry.

Well, there’s one thing I did: a few days ago I turned off TravelLink using a Tazer Mini. The non-stop Weather Alerts were driving me nuts.

I wonder if that did anything to the ESS button...
That’s exactly why. The taser does that automatically. Don’t worry, I’m not judging you...much. Lol

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That’s exactly why. The taser does that automatically. Don’t worry, I’m not judging you...much. Lol
For clarification: I did not change any ESS options with the Tazer.

Moreover, ESS was working normally after I disabled TraveLink. ESS stopped working only after I pressed the button yesterday; and has stayed OFF since then.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
For clarification: I did not change any ESS options with the Tazer.

Moreover, ESS was working normally after I disabled TraveLink. ESS stopped working only after I pressed the button yesterday; and has stayed OFF since then.
Is the Tazer still installed

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so when the tazer is installed the light has memory. It will stay on until you turn it off. It’s a standard feature on the Tazer and you don’t have to program it.

Siblueg

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
That looks nice. I installed one also, Same setup. Hard wired it to the dome light, plus I can plug it into the cigarette lighter if I am tailgating. I had to add 3m automotive tape to both sides to make it stick.
I hard wired it to the outlet back there and put it on a lighted switch above the outlet. I didn't like the idea of losing a remote or possibly breaking the cigarette lighter thing with all my gear back there.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
So on JL3, aka baby Jeep, we installed take off rubi wheels and suspension from JL2. “Rubicon like” rails from Extreme terrain and a quadratec branded stubby bumper. It’s looking pretty good if I say so myself. We’ll be getting the trailer hitch and red recovery hook off of my buddys rubicon next week. We already have a winch but haven’t installed it yet.

I love our Rubicons but this little guy sure is a lot of fun to drive. Especially with the 6-speed.

Before:
1605750171464.jpeg

After:
1605750220168.jpeg

1605750255130.jpeg

1605750283177.jpeg
Son has got to be loving life. Getting some nice upgrades on brand new rig :like: