What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Replaced my brakes and rotors with the PowerStop Z36 kit. Pads were toast and my front rotors seem to keep warping, so it was cheaper to slap these on instead of having a shop machine them all. Of course, I now have to wonder if Discount Tire torquing half my fucking lug nuts well beyond 130ft/lbs. had anything to do with it.

And while I had the front wheels off, I replaced a damaged boot on my Steersmarts drag link.

PXL_20201114_235748687.jpg

PXL_20201116_041940366.jpg

PXL_20201115_220432270.jpg
How do you like the brakes?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
How do you like the brakes?
They're great. I wasn't looking for better braking performance so much as just trying to avoid any further warping of my rotors, but it's got somewhat better stopping power. I'm running 37s, so it should help, but only time will tell.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Got these I had ordered and stashed one on each side.

Also decided to attempt my own front driver and pass window tint. I purchased precut and it went on so easy I was shocked.

20201107_162041.jpg

20201107_155207.jpg

20201107_161013.jpg
Where did you get your pre-cut window tint from? Link?

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Just cut my factory antenna to 18”. I do this to every vehicle I get. I’ll paint this one black when I get some paint but for now it works.

I just pop the ball off the end, cut it where I want and then grind down the thicker new end until I’m able to mount the little ball back on for a stock look.

Here’s a before during and after pics. Not bad for free.

127D88B8-0828-47E3-92EC-AAA3351DC647.jpeg

D6FB0809-0856-4279-92EC-3E2A44EF2E1B.jpeg

36313EA5-8667-4FD3-B33B-7CB451084E12.jpeg

286392BE-C971-4035-85AF-04A6ED95E34C.jpeg
Why 18”? I’ve seen people match roof height as a marker but why this?

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Why 18”? I’ve seen people match roof height as a marker but why this?
I was going to do roof height and I may still do that. I still had my old antenna when I swapped it so I may change my mind. The reason I went 18” was Ive seen it at stores that way and my purpose for doing it was just to get it lower as it was way too high. I don’t use FM radio so I really don’t need it at all. I also plan to paint it black as well but didn’t have any paint at the time.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Try moving to the desert. The only severe weather we get is the occasional haboob
Of course I had to look up what a haboob was. I thought it was some international delicacy.

bigmaduros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sport Altitude - Almost Here
You're the second forum member to ask me that question. :)

Yep, I was stationed at Crooked Creek from June 1987 through May 1989. My buddy from Tech School (Sheppard AFB) was stationed at Mildenhall at the same time.

The stories I could tell...
PM me if you want to chew the fat.
Spent a few years at RAF Alconbury myself.... There must have been a requirement to be named James to get those assignments.....lol

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Where did you get your pre-cut window tint from? Link?
https://www.precutautotint.com/
Never purchased from them before but packaging and delivery were excellent. I did purchase the install kit, probably not required if you have microfiber towels, misting type spray bottle, soft squeegee, and razor knife. I didn't have to use the razor knife but good to have just in case.

I'd rank my install an 8 out of 10 as I do have some very small spots of dirt on my passenger window. This was my first time installing tint though, I felt it was easy. I followed the instruction that come with the tint but was doing it in the garage in late evening. I should have done it during the day or used my LED light stand for better visibility when I was cleaning. So my only advice is clean, clean, clean before installing.

I'm happy with results.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Ill get mine out, blow wars
I thought it was a waste, having 2x 20ft whip hoses on top of a 4 tire Speedflate manifold, until yesterday evening. My wife mentioned her tpms light has been on for a couple days. I needed the extra length to avoid moving the jeep closer. I couldn't get my jacket and boots on quick enough. Practically skipped my way out to the jeep in excitement. (Yeah, I know fellas. I'm still shrugging off the noobness.) With hose in hand, I dropped to my knees and blew that light until it smiled at me in satisfaction.

I still don't know why I got strange looks from my wife and neighbors. What's so wrong about blasting Flight of the Valkyries, while triumphantly bringing a tire up to proper pressure?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it was a waste, having 2x 20ft whip hoses on top of a 4 tire Speedflate manifold, until yesterday evening. My wife mentioned her tpms light has been on for a couple days. I needed the extra length to avoid moving the jeep closer. I couldn't get my jacket and boots on quick enough. Practically skipped my way out to the jeep in excitement. (Yeah, I know fellas. I'm still shrugging off the noobness.) With hose in hand, I dropped to my knees and blew that light until it smiled at me in satisfaction.

I still don't know why I got strange looks from my wife and neighbors. What's so wrong about blasting Flight of the Valkyries, while triumphantly bringing a tire up to proper pressure?
Hahaha!

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
https://www.precutautotint.com/
Never purchased from them before but packaging and delivery were excellent. I did purchase the install kit, probably not required if you have microfiber towels, misting type spray bottle, soft squeegee, and razor knife. I didn't have to use the razor knife but good to have just in case.

I'd rank my install an 8 out of 10 as I do have some very small spots of dirt on my passenger window. This was my first time installing tint though, I felt it was easy. I followed the instruction that come with the tint but was doing it in the garage in late evening. I should have done it during the day or used my LED light stand for better visibility when I was cleaning. So my only advice is clean, clean, clean before installing.

I'm happy with results.
Looks great, nicely done, and thank you for the link. Question for you.., was the back already the factory tint? If so, what percentage did you buy, looks like a dead match if you only did the fronts.

Thanks in advance.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
While confirming access to the cabin air filter, I saw the pictured electrical connection assemblies. What's their purpose, and can they serve as a source for accessory 12V power? Just curious; I've no plans to do anything with them.

20201109_201518.jpg
Thats a STAR connector. Similar to an ethernet switch. It is for the computer that controlls just about everything on your Jeep. I had to plug in a wire for my AEV Procal snap to the left one and insert pins into the OBD 2 port for it to work.

Its probably not 12 volts and I would not monkey with the computer.

If you have the aux switches there are six fused wires in the passenger footwell that you could use.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I installed the Tuffy console safe. Lining up the screw holes was a pain, and of course the instructions could use improvement (why do so many vendors struggle with this straightforward duty?)

The job is done, though, and it promises to provide a decent degree of security. The observed loss of interior storage space is modest, and is a fair trade-off for the security that is to be gained here.

The ad copy on the vendor site, "Allows use of the factory USB outlet inside", requires qualification. Access to this outlet is now affected by an adjacent bolt on the right brace; be sure to take the necessary care when plugging in the cord.

Also, there's no pass-through hole for the cord on the locking console cover (as there is on the factory console itself). Any device that is connected to the interior USB outlet will need to stay inside the console. Alternately, a hole may be drilled into and grommet may be added to the locking cover in order to create the desired accommodation here.

Tuffy - before.jpg

Tuffy - after.jpg
I have that. There is plenty of room in the gaps around the steel door for your usb cable to come out

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I have that. There is plenty of room in the gaps around the steel door for your usb cable to come out
No, not really...unless there are material manufacturing variances in Tuffy's console safe.

I tested that idea with a spare (and slender) USB cable, just after completing the installation. Closing the Tuffy lid is possible, but it will no longer rest squarely and correctly on its frame. More to the point, pressing the lid down concurrently forces two 90° bends in the USB cord, pressing it against the undressed edges of the steel lid and frame.

It'd only be a matter of time before the cord insulation is perforated.

A mildly thicker USB cable might be damaged much faster than the thin one that I used; it might also force the lid slightly out of alignment.

A USB adapter in the dashboard 12V power port should solve any expedient charging requirements.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Didn’t do anything to my Jeep, but this was for my Jeep. Modified my smittybilt 2781 compressor with a heavier duty hose with quick disconnects, a quick attach digital tire gauge so I can actually ready the correct pressure while airing up, and bolted it into a plastic tool box for easy transport. Also has extra space for gloves, extra hose, tools, compressor parts, etc.

CC01497C-E436-42FF-AB45-9663E7BD8906.jpeg

10532021-7841-40D0-9B34-5518020E2003.jpeg

FB13171F-BB99-4FA4-98B6-3D2AD2FE08FF.jpeg

264EBC4E-24F8-49FF-92D9-A41FCAA0FBBE.jpeg
Been wanting to do this exact same thing! Any chance you can provide where you got the parts from and the numbers? I already have the digital gauge, i just dont have the connecter/adaptors and new hose.