Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Installed these:

https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

Called them to help with my selection - very friendly and super quick shipping - smart packaging too. Nice, detailed instructions included.

EC8B83F5-9787-401E-B7E4-570EA685A3E6.jpeg
Heads up to anyone planning to install hood struts: last week I removed the driver side OVERLAND decal and found that the hood has formed a dimple on the outside opposite to where the strut attaches to the hood. It doesn't look too bad; it is visible against the light, but it reveals how weak the aluminum hood is.

The struts have been on the Jeep only 6 months. I am keeping an eye to make sure it doesn't worsen. If it gets worse I may have to remove the struts altogether.

In the meantime I plan to slap a new sticker to cover the spot where the aluminum has buckled.

Wobblenuts

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Lockheed Martin Space
Picked up a second hand 7" screen, climate stack, temp sensor, sat radio antenna and JL lite. Also bought the next venture motorsports fuel door air fitting kit, and an under hood single compressor mount in preparation for an ARB setup.

Oh and a few days ago I ordered the Metalcloak GC 2.5" lift, and Goose Gear rear seat delete.

I am going to be busy when I get home from deployment :rock:

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
...went to see what the trade in value of my Jeep would be against the new 392... too early to tell was the reply.

MT1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Lovely, wanted one of those but for some reason they wouldnt ship to new york.. is that the bambo finish?
Yes, it’s the bamboo. That’s strange, I live in New York and had no problems with shipping. I did pre-order it though. Took about two months I believe.

Wobblenuts

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Lockheed Martin Space
Yes, it’s the bamboo. That’s strange, I live in New York and had no problems with shipping. I did pre-order it though. Took about two months I believe.
Yea I just pre ordered mine as well. No lead time yet.

KinderMojo

First Name
Adel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Sport S. GMC Sierra, Mercedes G63
Occupation
Engineer
Wow, that long... ill try again, maybe it was a mistake on my part.. looks sick, congrats..

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Care to share the link to that specific tool - I know there are many options on Amazon. I'll be doing the AAL inners, most likely not until spring/summer but getting the tool now won't hurt!
I was so long ago, that I can't even begin to remember the brand and seller. I got it off Amazon for about $40. I do remember that it is the 13" long one, which turned out to be the perfect amount of leverage, without being clumsily big.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Heads up to anyone planning to install hood struts: last week I removed the driver side OVERLAND decal and found that the hood has formed a dimple on the outside opposite to where the strut attaches to the hood. It doesn't look too bad; it is visible against the light, but it reveals how weak the aluminum hood is.

The struts have been on the Jeep only 6 months. I am keeping an eye to make sure it doesn't worsen. If it gets worse I may have to remove the struts altogether.

In the meantime I plan to slap a new sticker to cover the spot where the aluminum has buckled.
For clarification: I don’t have the Redline struts; I got a strut set from Amazon.

I could be wrong, but I believe this results from the weakness of the aluminum hood irrespective of the brand of the struts.

I’ll see if I can get some photos showing the dimple. Like I said, it is not very visible but the dimple is there. And no, the dimple wasn’t there before.

I’ll remove the decal on the other side in a few days: I should be able to tell if the same buckling exists on both sides.

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
For clarification: I don’t have the Redline struts; I got a strut set from Amazon.

I could be wrong, but I believe this results from the weakness of the aluminum hood irrespective of the brand of the struts.

I’ll see if I can get some photos showing the dimple. Like I said, it is not very visible but the dimple is there. And no, the dimple wasn’t there before.

I’ll remove the decal on the other side in a few days: I should be able to tell if the same buckling exists on both sides.
We realizing it is not our System that you purchased, but for clarification which product did you buy? We spent months designing our system to insure a seamless bolt in design that functions perfectly and would be 100% removable. Please post a picture of the issue so we can research it to insure our product does not have them same issue.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
We realizing it is not our System that you purchased, but for clarification which product did you buy? We spent months designing our system to insure a seamless bolt in design that functions perfectly and would be 100% removable. Please post a picture of the issue so we can research it to insure our product does not have them same issue.
You bet! And thank you for reaching out.

These are the struts I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084M42JXW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will post photos of the hood buckling and of the mounting areas.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Finally wired up the ARB twin air compressor. Holy shit, that was not fun and I now know why most will opt to running the wiring harness through the floor drain plug and along the chassis. I wanted everything inside and more protected, but damn was it an event that over filled the swear jar. It turned out awesome though, and so clean of an install.

I went with the MORE cargo area mount, which accommodates both the unit and its main power switch. Since I don't have air lockers, I didn't need the switch up front and I didn't want to waste one of my aux switches. I also got their inflator, deflator, a blow gun, and 2 pump up kits so I'd have a backup hose. Shortly after getting those accessories, the Speedflate 4 tire system blipped my radar and I couldn't resist. So, I now have more backups than needed. If anyone has a hose or gage issue and you spot me, than come on over, I've got you covered. Lol!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201117_112108
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201117_112048

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I finished the Teraflex Alpha HD Tire carrier but ran into an issue with the back up camera. Apparently the rear camera mount is different on some of the 2021’s with the front trail camera. Not sure what the correlation is but it’s different and has no metal bracket (uses a clam shell type set up)to bolt on the new center mount.
Teraflex is aware of the change and working on a mount for the new style camera.
For a temporary fix I cut the stock mount off and ground it to fit inside the Teraflex mounting location. You’ll want a snug friction fit. I used 3m tape to hold the camera in the stock clam shell and then attached it to the camera cover with more 3m tape. Secure and works fine until I get the redesigned bracket from Teraflex
Hope this helps! Here’s a few pictures
I'm looking to do this same combo (Tereflex carrier w/Mopar reinforcement). Do you mind providing details on your wheel and tire combo, any issues or concerns? Maybe too early but any issues off road? lastly, did you source new bump stops?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Finally wired up the ARB twin air compressor. Holy shit, that was not fun and I now know why most will opt to running the wiring harness through the floor drain plug and along the chassis. I wanted everything inside and more protected, but damn was it an event that over filled the swear jar. It turned out awesome though, and so clean of an install.

I went with the MORE cargo area mount, which accommodates both the unit and its main power switch. Since I don't have air lockers, I didn't need the switch up front and I didn't want to waste one of my aux switches. I also got their inflator, deflator, a blow gun, and 2 pump up kits so I'd have a backup hose. Shortly after getting those accessories, the Speedflate 4 tire system blipped my radar and I couldn't resist. So, I now have more backups than needed. If anyone has a hose or gage issue and you spot me, than come on over, I've got you covered. Lol!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? InkedIMG_0371_LI
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? InkedIMG_0371_LI
Lotta work but now you can give quick blow jobs