Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Replaced the halogen turn signals with a takeoff LED set. Gawd they were a PITA to install!

I'll take photos tomorrow.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1605526605411

got my new tires put on and my new bumper up front! I’m loving it! And my cousin made me an awesome sticker for the back! Pretty soon it will be all rubicon with a wrangler sport body
Finally mine got some attention
Your new Sarge looks awesome! Congratulations!

Now, hide the extra fob. Otherwise, you'll find it torn apart every time you leave it unattended with Moto lurking around. :CWL: He's probably out there right now staring at it, transfixed with all the possibilities. His eyes wide and unblinking, hands clenched and slowly rubbing, with a fine line of drool run down his chin. Hahaha!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Bought this over the weekend.

and stuff coming in the mail today. Hoping the weather will be better for some install work on Wednesday.
Oh yeah, you are doing the fender chop, right? AAL? I got the same nutcert tool to replace all the factory white clips that don't get replaced with the new liners. Made a huge difference in rigidity against wind at highway speeds, and I didn't like the nut and bolt method of installing the nutcerts.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Your new Sarge looks awesome! Congratulations!

Now, hide the extra fob. Otherwise, you'll find it torn apart every time you leave it unattended with Moto lurking around. :CWL: He's probably out there right now staring at it, transfixed with all the possibilities. His eyes wide and unblinking, hands clenched and slowly rubbing, with a fine line of drool run down his chin. Hahaha!
Damn...you caught me

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Has anyone found a decent replacement for the cargo netting on each of the doors?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Damn...you caught me
Yeah! Now dry your chin, and get her jeep back together.

I shouldn't say anything. I'm also on a first name basis with all my local UPS drivers. I know more about their families than some of my own, at this point. My friends and family are gonna have a hard time finding parking on Christmas. The yard and street will be filled with Grumman step vans. :rock: :like:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah! Now dry your chin, and get her jeep back together.

I shouldn't say anything. I'm also on a first name basis with all my local UPS drivers. I know more about their families than some of my own, at this point. My friends and family are gonna have a hard time finding parking on Christmas. The yard and street will be filled with Grumman step vans. :rock: :like:
Hahahaha thats funny, im pretty sure my ups and fedex drivers hate seeing our address its always heavy shit lol

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Oh yeah, you are doing the fender chop, right? AAL? I got the same nutcert tool to replace all the factory white clips that don't get replaced with the new liners. Made a huge difference in rigidity against wind at highway speeds, and I didn't like the nut and bolt method of installing the nutcerts.
I already did the front, now I am doing the back fenders also. I used self tapping bolts for the front inter fenders, but I will redo them with the nutserts now.

bem1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yes, the Metra adapters are for multiple models of vehicles even though they say on the bag the color code and polarity.

Do you have the Alpine premium audio or the base setup?

If Alpine:

Left Tweeter:
Positive: Gray/Orange
Negative: Gray/Yellow

Right Tweeter
Positive: Gray/Dark Green
Negative: Gray/Green

Ensure those colors are correct on the Metra side with the white/black wire. I suspect you may find them both reversed.
Is this upgrade worth the time/money? On the fence on doing this...

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Is this upgrade worth the time/money? On the fence on doing this...
The single best upgrade you can do for under $100 is buy a pair of Kenwood KFC-X3C for your dash. It takes under 30 mins to install and gets you huge benefits in the sound stage. You can substitute the Kenwood with Kickers, etc, etc, of your liking - lots of other good choices - but avoid the higher end speakers as most of them expect 50W or more of power that the factory system doesn't have. So you have wonderfully awesome speakers but just not enough power to show it.

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Finally fixed the stupid rattle from the over head speakers and the subwoofer. Used the foam insulation from Lowe’s and although it’s kinda ugly it works. The pic where you see my finger is where I shoved the weather stripping in since the sub enclosure (black part) was rattling against the body (white part) hopefully this makes sense from the pics. Also shoved the weather stripping in the gap on the top side of the over head speakers. Easy $4 fix.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? A8DB4D69-5BDC-4670-9B08-0A85D2CF8DEB

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? A8DB4D69-5BDC-4670-9B08-0A85D2CF8DEB

These same rattles have been bugging me lately thanks for sharing your fix.