First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
It’s not in the way on either of mine. I know from reading threads here it causes a lot of problems but I didn’t really have any. Not really a fun install but worth it.
Was not an issue for mine either, and i used the zip tie method, instead of string. I too read alot of threads and was almost afraid to even battle it, but the Zip tie word for me, 15 mins maybe. But worth it.

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Awesome, I was prying at that a bit, and it didn't want to move, so wasn't sure if I should get more aggressive.

Thanks to Jlewissystem (J), Jitzy (Joe), and James_a (James) for the replies.

Cracked the hood after driving around a bit yesterday, and was not comfortable that I picked the best spot. The area behind the power steering reservoir was super hot...

I may take a crack at opening up the wire channel cavity and see if I can get my fat sausage fingers to stuff that harness into...

Thanks guys.., super helpful and hope I can repay the favor.
Oh man, I tried top get that channel open, and there must be some secret to it because I just couldnt get it open. I was afraid I was going to break it so I just used that ledge, and left the wires ziptied like yours (just not as pretty).

I'm still hoping to find a way to open that wire channel.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
20% on front driver and pass... rear stuff is all factory which I believe is also 20%. My eyes are not as good as they used to be so I don't want it dark, just balancing it out with the rear.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Installed the 4-pole wiring for trailer pulling. Installed the Mopar Auxiliary switch pack. After viewing the directions for the Genesis Dual Battery Kit, I pulled the batteries and the mounting pad to access the firewall grommet. Except for the time to pull all the hardware it was very easy to gain access through the grommet. Who remembers grommet the dog? I also ran my radio antenna coax cable from my front mounted CB antenna through the grommet while I was in there .
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Grommet

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I dropped the new JL's top for the first time, and went for a Morale Drive. It's 72°, when it should be 40° or thereabouts, so I had no choice in the matter. :)

It's been 25 years since I futzed with the zippers and whatnot on my YJ's soft top. I was therefore glad to have the 2-page instruction sheet to assist me as I acclimated myself with the esoteric design features on the new rig.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? First top dro